Point blank/Time crisis

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

nakamura

Re: Point blank/Time crisis

Post by nakamura » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Tbh it looked like you were being sarcastic as hell mate.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:25 pm

Made me laugh :lol:
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Coxy

Post by Coxy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:49 pm

I love both these games, and their sequels. I had a really hard time trying to sort out a pedal for Time Crisis and their sequels on PS2 and I realised that any of the face buttons will hide you and I came across one of these:
http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/1/AGS/AGS-o ... ncemat.htm
Just wrap the thing in thin cloth or something similar and you have a fully functioning and responsive pedal! Worked a treat for me anyhow.
I much preferred Point Blank though and the DS game needs a proper playthrough methinks!
Also did anyone remember the Namco arcade game that was basically a reskinned Point Blank machine where you could actually shoot to win money. The trick was to put in a quid for one go and be really crap until you got to the boss. If you did really well you would get a hard boss and vise-versa. Your pot would always end up a fiver and if you were pretty good at the easy boss you could garantee yourself a profit :P .
Does anyone remember this? I just tried to look it up but can't see any sign of it.... I seem to recall something like 'Money Shot' or similar.
"Wiseman say, forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza"

Xbox Live: megawanger - Add me for Acheivement hunting or just add me!

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 am

I know we've been through this at some point, but how do I play light gun games on an LCD again?

Buy Move? Is the new HOTD a Move game?

Fishsta

Post by Fishsta » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:35 am

You haven't played Point Blank until you've played it on VERY HARD.

Or Point Blank 2 on INSANE.
ImageImage

Mr.Saturn

Post by Mr.Saturn » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:40 am

djcarlos wrote: Buy Move? Is the new HOTD a Move game?
It is. It's just another HD Wii port, though.

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:11 am

One of the things in Time Crisis that has stuck in my mind is that boss girl who sort of dances around. I think she was in that open-ended side-story mode that was added to the PSX port.

At the end of her cutscene she says something like "Dance, baby, dance...dance to the death!" in a kind of surreal way. I would always chuckle at the weirdness. Me and my mates used to say it to taunt the brave souls who'd make their way to the dance floor at school discos whilst the rest of us sat on the sides drinking Panda Pops.
CheDonJohn's Sale/Trade/Wanted/Giveaway thread

PSN ID, XBL Gamertag and Steam: CheDonJohn
Playfire profile

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:14 am

Mr.Saturn wrote:
djcarlos wrote: Buy Move? Is the new HOTD a Move game?
It is. It's just another HD Wii port, though.
The PS3 HD release of the game is more than that. It's to feature two exclusive new levels as well as being in 3D.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

BF Bullpup

Post by BF Bullpup » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:20 pm

I loved both games in the arcades. I'm a bit ignorant but is it possible to play those games on PS2 using a flat-screen HDTV, using a gun? I live in a studio so I don't want to give up space for a CRT TV. I don't know if I can buy a specific gun that will work with modern TV's.

batman877

Post by batman877 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:21 am

BF Bullpup wrote:I loved both games in the arcades. I'm a bit ignorant but is it possible to play those games on PS2 using a flat-screen HDTV, using a gun? I live in a studio so I don't want to give up space for a CRT TV. I don't know if I can buy a specific gun that will work with modern TV's.
Yes you can, but you'll need to buy a specific gun with sensors.

Search www.playasia.com for the 'Top Gun II lightgun'. Works brilliantly on most HDTVs - but it's only compatible with the PS2, XBOX and PC.

Haven't found one that works with the PS1 yet unfortunately, so no Time Crisis 1 or Point Blank for me at the moment!

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:41 am

"YOUR FATHER WILL PAY THE PRICE FOR DESTROYING THE IMPERIAL RULE"

For me Time Crisis will always be one of the best light gun games that ever exists.

I remember Christmas 1996, getting a Playstation for Christmas and my Grandma got me Time Crisis. The big box is still immaculate and sits proudly on one of my shelves at home. Loves the sequel on the PS2 as well. Ive played the ones following, but only briefly.

And also a big fan of Point Blank. The satisfaction that comes from the "shoot the falling leaf with only one bullet" cannot be described.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

BF Bullpup

Post by BF Bullpup » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:52 am

batman877 wrote: Yes you can, but you'll need to buy a specific gun with sensors.

Search http://www.playasia.com for the 'Top Gun II lightgun'. Works brilliantly on most HDTVs - but it's only compatible with the PS2, XBOX and PC.

Haven't found one that works with the PS1 yet unfortunately, so no Time Crisis 1 or Point Blank for me at the moment!
Thanks Batman. :)

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:55 am

STranger81 wrote:... I remember Christmas 1996, getting a Playstation for Christmas and my Grandma got me Time Crisis.
The game was released here in late November 1997!
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac