POLL - 3DS.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Would you REALLY consider buying a 3DS?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:37 am

I already have one. I don't regret the purchase at all.
22%
I already have one. Perhaps I should have waited for better/more varied software?
2%
I had one, but I sold it. Maybe for early adoption reasons or another reason in this Poll.
2%
I plan on getting one. I just think the price is too high/there's not enough Software.
25%
I don't plan on buying a new Console at all yet, regardless.
3%
I don't want it. It's all rehashes with no actual selling point.
22%
I don't want it. I'm waiting for something better.
7%
I can't see what all the fuss is about. 3D Gaming is a fad, just like 3DTV.
10%
I can't use that technology. I can't "see" 3D or it makes me feel ill.
8%
I prefer giving all my cash to the nearest Pub Landlord. He understands my pain.
No votes

Total votes: 60

Freestyler

POLL - 3DS.

Post by Freestyler » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:37 am

It seems nothing has split the gamerbase more than the 3DS. This poll is about YOUR DIRECT RELATIONSHIP to the device.

Please don't use it to discuss the 3DS in general, as there's a good enough thread for that already. All I want to know is where you personally stand with the handheld. I don't care what you've heard, or what your mates have said. It's just you and me.

Nintendo have innovated with the 3DS. We should agree that they have managed to bring a 3D portable console to the market, and have done so at a very cheap price. Let's not mess about here, if it was an Apple device it would be well into the £500-£600 price bracket. Even Sony have had to rethink their Playstation Vita price since Nintendo's launch. That's a good thing for everyone, regardless of whether you individually like the 3DS.

So, with that in mind, what is YOUR relationship with the 3DS? The Poll allows 2 answers and allows you to recast your vote. 1 week is the limit, so it's a snapshot of now in time.
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Crunchy

Re: POLL - 3DS.

Post by Crunchy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:47 am

There's no poll option for me. :(

The 3DS is the same as every games platform. I can be convinced to buy one if the right games come along but I'm not deliberately planning on getting one.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:51 am

Sure I will get one in the end. Just a little bit pricey and not enough software.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:52 am

I choose option 4. But oh no, not another 3DS thread. It's bound to end in tears :wink:
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

dste

Post by dste » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:56 am

I went for option four.

I do plan to pick one up in the future but not until the price drop/bundles/offers appear and the games I want start to get released. Plus I still have enough DS games to work through so I'm in no rush to pick one up.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:41 am

Got it on launch day and love it. The launch titles are decent and there are some incredible games on the horizon.

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:54 am

I got mine free so I wasn't about to not have one if it was given to me. Would I have bought one if I hadn't got it free? I think so, I really like the 3DS and Zelda is erm AMAZING. To quote another forum member :)

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:58 am

This is taking the p1ss right?

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:11 am

Can we just ban 3DS threads from now on?

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:09 am

I wavered between choosing from "I don't want it. It's all rehashes with no actual selling point." and "I don't want it. I'm waiting for something better."

I chose the latter.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:13 am

Nemesis wrote:I choose option 4. But oh no, not another 3DS thread. It's bound to end in tears :wink:
Yeah, this is what I was hoping wouldn't happen, which is why I said try not to get into discussing the 3DS here. It's just treading old ground.
I was hoping to get a quick look as to how many of us think about the 3DS, and to what extent. It's hard to read threads that are 30+ pages long, especially when some of the posts are walls of text. I know, as I've done it myself. :lol:
sscott wrote:This is taking the p1ss right?
Nope. :) But feel free to ignore it if you think it is, or it's deliberately trolling.
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:55 am

Crunchy wrote:The 3DS is the same as every games platform. I can be convinced to buy one if the right games come along but I'm not deliberately planning on getting one.
Xbox Live | YouTube | Top games picture | Top games list

Help needed for gaming-related projects! PM or email for full details if you can do:
2D or 3D art
Story writing
Shmup level design

malekith1979

Post by malekith1979 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:15 am

Each to their own , but my personal relationship with the console was that I had to demo it at work for weeks before it came out. I don't want to ever have to play Face Raiders, Pilot Wings or the AR cards again :cry:
It gave me a headache and made me walk into a table. But so does ale I suppose and I still drink it. I just don't like 3D full stop. I believe it'll disappear given enough time, just like the films did in the 50/60's and the 80's
I'll wait to see what the Vita is gonna be like

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:20 am

malekith1979 wrote:It gave me a headache and made me walk into a table.
I know it's not right to laugh at the misfortunes of others but that was damn funny! :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:22 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:I wavered between choosing from "I don't want it. It's all rehashes with no actual selling point." and "I don't want it. I'm waiting for something better."

I chose the latter.
I chose the other one :lol: