3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ToxieDogg

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by ToxieDogg » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:47 pm

I've got a fairly sizeable backlog on my 3DS so I'll probably still be going back to it for a long, long while. I started Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Specters not so long back and have Yokai Watch 3 to through as well. As for games I still want to pick up for it, I want to try and get hold of Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology at some point before physical copies go too expensive (it's already a bit pricey as it is) as I didn't get it when it launched, but otherwise I've probably got pretty much all the 3DS games I want. Still a fair few original DS games I'm after if I can get them.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:12 am

Been playing tons of Wareware Gold lately thanks to Argos. Its always been a perfect series to do a short session of progress when I have a few mins to kill.

Now then Nintendo, about that eventual Switch entry.....
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

pratty

Post by pratty » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:46 am

ToxieDogg wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:47 pm
As for games I still want to pick up for it, I want to try and get hold of Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology at some point before physical copies go too expensive
If you can live with a digital copy keep checking the eshop, when it goes on sale it's only £8.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:58 pm

Nah, I can't when I know there's physical copies out there :lol: :oops:

It's going for about £50 at the mo, I'll hopefully be able to get it for around that in another couple of months when I've got it spare.

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:34 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:58 pm
Nah, I can't when I know there's physical copies out there :lol: :oops:

It's going for about £50 at the mo, I'll hopefully be able to get it for around that in another couple of months when I've got it spare.
Would you be interested in my loose cart of the game for £25? I might upgrade to a boxed copy myself.

By the way, did you know there's a free Radiant Historia 3DS theme in the theme shop?

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:20 pm

Yeah, got the theme, thanks 😁

Cheers for the offer but it's a boxed copy I'm after. I buy stuff to play but still have a collector's mentality I'll never quite be able to shake off 😂

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:27 am

ToxieDogg wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:20 pm

Cheers for the offer but it's a boxed copy I'm after. I buy stuff to play but still have a collector's mentality I'll never quite be able to shake off 😂
No probs, was just a thought. God luck with the hunt.

pratty

Post by pratty » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:33 pm

Radiant Historia is currently only £5.39 on the eshop.

Shin Megami Tensei 4: Apocalpyse, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux, Etrian Odyssey V, and 7th Dragon III are also on sale for the same price.

There's few other RPGs currently reduced aswell.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:15 am

ToxieDogg wrote:

There’s a sealed collectors US edition of Radiant Historia on EBay with free postage. It won’t let me link it’s going straight to my EBay link so I texted you it.

The downside is they only show a stock photo. I’m assuming it never got a UK release much like Tactics Ogre
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:40 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:15 am
The downside is they only show a stock photo. I’m assuming it never got a UK release much like Tactics Ogre
If you mean the PSP Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together then it certainly did get a UK release, Shin. I have a copy of the premium edition somewhere.

Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:42 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:40 pm
Shinobi wrote:
If you mean the PSP Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together then it certainly did get a UK release, Shin. I have a copy of the premium edition somewhere.

I had the GBA Tactics Ogre which was reasonably short as I completed it a few times. Absolutely loved that game the Masked man you could recruit made the game a bit easy. I also had that PSP version sinking 99 hours in and getting to a boss fight that wouldn’t let me return to the game map.

First you had to fight Gold clones of your characters then a single guy who could wipe your party out in 1 spell. It also covered a large area.

Spent hours levelling up & recruit soldiers and monsters couldn’t turn the Lamia enemies she seem the only monster class you can’t recruit.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

pratty

Post by pratty » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:58 pm

Anybody know what Shin Megami Tensei 4 Apocalypse is like to play as a stand alone experience?

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:43 am

Shinobi wrote:
ToxieDogg wrote:

There’s a sealed collectors US edition of Radiant Historia on EBay with free postage. It won’t let me link it’s going straight to my EBay link so I texted you it.

Cheers for that, as I say though it's the 3DS one I'm after, not the original DS one (which I already have).

You are correct that the original DS version of Radiant Historia didn't get a UK/EU release, however the 3DS remake was released here, it's just not easy to get hold of. Especially not with an English language cover which is what I'd really like, almost all the copies I've seen on Amazon or Ebay have Italian or German covers. I'm fussy :lol: :oops:

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:10 am

My 2DS is behaving strangely when I try to charge it.

When I plug in the charger the orange light comes on and everything seems normal at first. But if I remove the charger cable while the system is off, the orange light will remain on. :?

I originally noticed that the orange light wasn't switching itself off when I left it to charge. And it wasn't charging to a full battery as indicated in the top right corner of the top screen, it was showing 3/4 full. I've left it overnight to charge anyway and it won't seem to fully charge, still only 3/4.

However occasionally I will put the charger cable in while the console is off, and the orange light won't light up, and when I turn it on it will show it's fully charged for a second, then revert back to just 3/4 full. :?

The 2DS has been opened recently to clean inside the screens. When I did this the speaker wires became detached, I re-soldered them on and the speaker works as normal. I have made sure the all ribbon cables are fully attached aswell. I have tried a different charger and battery and I get the same issues.

Anybody got any ideas? Thanks.