3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ALK

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by ALK » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:20 pm

Oh yeah it's great MegaMan's getting the attention it deserves, especially soon after the Smash Bros love, I was merely saying the original MM is a bit more cartoon-ier then say the X series, where's this game seemed to pick the more anime-ier/more serious looking characters hence why they chose the X series and Sonic is probably not in this series. But hey, the Hedgehog gets enough exposure anyway, more room for the underused like the mentioned SoR and my dear Arcadia. X3
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Streets of Rage 2 3D and Sonic 2 3D are confirmed for a July and August release respectively along with a third new SEGA 3D Classic for September, Gunstar Heroes. :)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/0 ... d_classics
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:27 pm

BLORT!!!!!!
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:36 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
ALK wrote:I guess this game kind of stays away from the more cartoon-ier/kid friendly like characters like Sonic. Even the MegaMan characters are from the more serious X series. Still, I'm REALLY hope for some Skies of Arcadia love this time (Havent beaten the first game, but I don't think Vyse or Aika are playable in it.)

Unity support is coming to the New 3DS models, so that should be quite something....

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/0 ... ntendo_3ds
I actually like the mix of Megaman love the series got. The original Namco X Capcom used Megaman Legends characters, X Zone used X and Zero (with Tron as an Assist) and I'm not bothered about X being used again. Frankly any series would work and I'm just glad that the series gets any representation at all!

Thinking about the Sega reps they could use... SoR would be awesome, Skies of Arcadia as well. For the heck of it for Sonic reps I'd go for Scratch and Grounder from the 90's animated series :lol:

In prep for the new game, I finally booted up the original P X Zone, turns out I'm not very far into it... Mission 18 at the moment. That said I forgot how much I love the soundtracks and character sprites in the series. I'm determined to at least reach Megaman X's first mission this time round.
The great thing about X Zone was that it actually encouraged me to go out and pick up some of the games that are represented where I'd previously missed them. It gave me the final kick to get on with the Valkyria Chronicles series for instance and I'm not far off starting the third and final installment. I've also picked up Resonance of Fate and the first of the .hack games too.

Oh and hearing the crescendo of Virtua Fighter 2's 'Ride the Tiger' theme kick in when initiating Akira and Pai's super move just NEVER gets old :mrgreen:

Hope the sequel actually gets localised. I was surprised that the original DID but apparently it outperformed Namco/Bandai's expectations here in the West so I'm pretty optimistic.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:49 pm

I believe it has been confirmed for the West, both US and Europe. Makes sense I guess since it did sell better outside of the west then in Japan...
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:00 pm

Yeah, X Zone 2 is coming out over here which is awesome, I'll grab it day 1 for sure.

I've finally made progress on the original X Zone, up to mid way through mission 20 where X and Zero show up. Its a complete MMX4 overload for me :lol: I also like how SF wise they use Seth and Juri in the game, rather than Bison and the Dolls (like in Namco X Capcom). Nice to see some newer characters used. The soundtrack is awesome as well, so many great tunes.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:05 pm

ShadowMan wrote:Yeah, X Zone 2 is coming out over here which is awesome, I'll grab it day 1 for sure.

I've finally made progress on the original X Zone, up to mid way through mission 20 where X and Zero show up. Its a complete MMX4 overload for me :lol: I also like how SF wise they use Seth and Juri in the game, rather than Bison and the Dolls (like in Namco X Capcom). Nice to see some newer characters used. The soundtrack is awesome as well, so many great tunes.
When I first saw Seth and the familiar Ultras I was like "Ugh..."

You may also get sick of seeing a certain BOW in the later stages in the game with one level in particular standing out in my memory!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:44 pm

Megamixer wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:Yeah, X Zone 2 is coming out over here which is awesome, I'll grab it day 1 for sure.

When I first saw Seth and the familiar Ultras I was like "Ugh..."

You may also get sick of seeing a certain BOW in the later stages in the game with one level in particular standing out in my memory!
Awesome, I like the sound of that! I wonder how many more characters I've got left to find, I know I'm short the RE characters as you've mentioned. Can't imagine it'll take much longer to get them now.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Analog

Post by Analog » Fri May 01, 2015 12:16 pm

when I saw this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4EBvxsPrJo
I was amazed! 3ds version holds up so well against the wii!

sirpigmeat

Post by sirpigmeat » Fri May 08, 2015 4:04 pm

Really loving Shin Megami IV at the moment... Been playing it almost all day on sundays... Like I get up early and turn it on "i'll just have a quick..." and suddenly its time for sunday lunch... " i'll just play a bit until my dinner goes down" and its time for bed... Great game, must go back in the series, i've played some of the spin offs, but not much of the main title.

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Sat May 16, 2015 6:04 am

Just bit the bullet and bought a new N3DS XL Black for £139 from Amazon. Was about to order, then realised I still had a £25 amazon gift card from Christmas, so brought the new 3DS down to 114. Couldn't say no at that price :)

ALK

Post by ALK » Sat May 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Shopto is currently offering Monster Hunter 4 for £19.85.

http://www.shopto.net/3ds-2ds-ds/3ds/3D ... 4-ultimate
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

sirpigmeat

Post by sirpigmeat » Sat May 23, 2015 9:36 pm

samhain81 wrote:Just bit the bullet and bought a new N3DS XL Black for £139 from Amazon. Was about to order, then realised I still had a £25 amazon gift card from Christmas, so brought the new 3DS down to 114. Couldn't say no at that price :)
I just picked one up too... Really can't justify it after very recently buying a vita, i'm having some kind of handheld splurge at the moment.

new 3ds 3d is soo much better... really impressed so far.

Not sure whether to sell old 3ds or keep it for hacking purposes...

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon May 25, 2015 8:17 pm

2 more from Shopto

Xenoblade- £19.85 (Might be wise to pick up at this price before it becomes like its pricier Wii brother)
http://www.shopto.net/3ds-2ds-ds/3ds/3D ... w-3ds-only
Majora's Mask- £24.85
http://www.shopto.net/3ds-2ds-ds/3ds/3D ... -exclusive
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Wed May 27, 2015 5:29 am

There's an awesome Humble Bundle on at the moment, offering 8 indie Wii U and 3DS games, including Steamworld Dig, OlliOlli and Mighty Switch Force:

https://www.humblebundle.com/

However, in typical Nintendo fashion, it's region locked; you're out of luck if you're not in the Americas.