3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

TheNewMonkey

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by TheNewMonkey » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:23 am

ALK wrote:Gunman Clive 2 arriving next week. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/0 ... ry_release
Nice, the first one was class, only cost about quid I think, hopefully this ones the same.
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:33 pm

There's a demo for Codename S.T.E.A.M up on the eShop, might be worth a look since the game is not out till May.

I have 7 spare Monster Hunter 4 demo codes if anyone wants to drop me a note. ;)
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:49 am

Just got an email from a local game distributor that Zelda MM is out next week! For some reason I thought it was still a month off.

Will probably pre order in the weekend

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:48 am

ALK wrote:There's a demo for Codename S.T.E.A.M up on the eShop, might be worth a look since the game is not out till May.

I have 7 spare Monster Hunter 4 demo codes if anyone wants to drop me a note. ;)
I wouldn't mind giving MH4 if you still have a code :D
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:50 pm

Never thought I'd do it, but I've started getting rid of my 3DS games. Both Laytons, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario Kart, 3D Land & Mario Tennis are all being traded in now.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:09 pm

Morkin wrote:Never thought I'd do it, but I've started getting rid of my 3DS games. Both Laytons, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario Kart, 3D Land & Mario Tennis are all being traded in now.
I got rid of a few of the Marios a while ago, I just didn't play them and the resale value holds up well...can put the dosh into something else :)

Just preordered Zelda MM though...that and OOT make for a nice set!

After that I will be more selective about titles for it- The long awaited Metroid would be nice...

...And would love to see some more N64 Classics hit the 3DS. 1080, Excitebike 64, Waverace...and Jet set Gemini! :D

...Doom and Doom II as a definitive set most welcome too- I'll keep adding these hoping the right set of eyes to make it happen see it :lol:

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:56 am

kiwimike wrote:
Morkin wrote:Never thought I'd do it, but I've started getting rid of my 3DS games. Both Laytons, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario Kart, 3D Land & Mario Tennis are all being traded in now.
I got rid of a few of the Marios a while ago, I just didn't play them and the resale value holds up well...can put the dosh into something else :)
Yep, that's my thoughts as well. :) I'd either completed them or had my fill of them, so it made sense to get some money back.

Analog

Post by Analog » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:39 pm

kiwimike wrote:

Just preordered Zelda MM though...that and OOT make for a nice set!

After that I will be more selective about titles for it- The long awaited Metroid would be nice...

...And would love to see some more N64 Classics hit the 3DS. 1080, Excitebike 64, Waverace...and Jet set Gemini! :D

...Doom and Doom II as a definitive set most welcome too- I'll keep adding these hoping the right set of eyes to make it happen see it :lol:
that would awesome! :D

I kind of hoped they made more n64 ports, how many are there in total now? I bought my 3ds at launch as I thought they would be making more and things looked promising to start with as starfox and OoT were released but there hasn't been much at all since then. I realised that I haven't been getting enough use out of my 3ds to justify keeping it, I traded it in just recently with the intention that I might get an xl or the new xl in the hopes it will inspire me to play more but I don't feel too interested in upgrading yet... gonna wait it out and see how things are in the future. i'm having way too much fun with the wii u currently and its getting far more use than the 3ds. I still hold out hope that they will make a 3ds player, that would get me playing the games! but I get the feeling that won't ever happen... currently reluctant to sell the games I have got incase my feelings towards it change around. its weird how my interest declined in 2014, I think the only game I really wanted to play was tomodachi life.

Nautical Rudie

Post by Nautical Rudie » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:14 pm

I know what you mean, 2014 was really quiet on the 3DS front, I'm struggling to remember much of note apart from Smash Bros and the Pokemon remakes. I still play mine regularly, though I do a lot of travelling which helps. Theres been some decent eshop stuff to get me through the year and Smash Bros was great so I'm not to dispirited. When you look how depp the 3DS back catalogue is and compare it to Wii U, I can see why they spent last year (and probably this year) prioritising that.
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1873-6926. Give me a shout if you add me!

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:33 am

Nautical Rudie wrote:I know what you mean, 2014 was really quiet on the 3DS front, I'm struggling to remember much of note apart from Smash Bros and the Pokemon remakes. I still play mine regularly
I never play mine now, only LOZ:MM of interest atm. Thinking of selling mine to be honest. Might just get rid of it for £50 at cex and rebuy one of the newer models nearer xmas.

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:01 pm

Anyone picking up a New model this week? My Majora's Mask edition dispatched today.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:23 pm

Managed to pick up Fire Emblem in CEX on Trade also ordered the Majora's Mask special edition with Skull kid figure so should give me a excuse to use the 3DS as I've never played Majora's Mask
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:45 pm

ALK wrote:Anyone picking up a New model this week? My Majora's Mask edition dispatched today.
Were did you order from? I've got the small one ordered with majors ltd ed & figure from Nintendo store but not had dispatch mail yet
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:29 pm

TheNewMonkey wrote:
ALK wrote:Anyone picking up a New model this week? My Majora's Mask edition dispatched today.
Were did you order from? I've got the small one ordered with majors ltd ed & figure from Nintendo store but not had dispatch mail yet
Same as you, Nintendo Store. Preordered is as soon as it was available for order coz you know...resellers.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:24 am

ALK wrote:
TheNewMonkey wrote:
Same as you, Nintendo Store. Preordered is as soon as it was available for order coz you know...resellers.
Yea same here I also ordered soon as it went live, was going to go for the MM XL but I want removable faceplates & SNES buttons more, plus it looks pretty much the same as my current Gold XL which will be for sale soon if anyone's interested

Hopefully it gets shipped today, hype :lol:
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816