3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

c0nfu53d

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by c0nfu53d » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:42 pm

Anyone played Sonic lost world 3DS yet? Its getting mixed reviews.

ironmonger

Post by ironmonger » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:32 pm

I have noticed quite a few 3DS games in Asda for £5 each lately - RE Revelations, RE Mercs, SF4, Mario Tennis, Splinter Cell & Ghost Recon. Seems a good price for RE Revelations in particular.

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:58 am

2DS might be getting its first limited edition...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/1 ... ds_console
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:20 am

ironmonger wrote:I have noticed quite a few 3DS games in Asda for £5 each lately - RE Revelations, RE Mercs, SF4, Mario Tennis, Splinter Cell & Ghost Recon. Seems a good price for RE Revelations in particular.
I'm not sure I'd bother with Mercs and Splinter Cell, but the rest are well worth having at that price.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:40 pm

Morkin wrote:Wonder how much this one will cost?

Quoting my own post.

£79.85 at Shopto. Any takers?

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:45 pm

^^^ Don't have the space anymore for huge boxes like that but if I did then it might be a different story. Also, the fact that I probably can't put £80 aside for it is a big factor. Might get the game on its own at some point though as it looks nice.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:56 pm

Hmm, I do start a new job over Xmas, so we'll see....
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:24 pm

£80 hahah!
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Placed my preorder for that Bravely Default, not sure if I'll regret it but I've got a lot of time to think about it and cancel at least. I really want it but it's just the cost of it that's the issue, but I don't want to take the risk of having it sell out and have the prices sky rocket.

Also preordered Hakuoki Memories of Shinsengumi Limited Edition, not even sure what it is about at all (I've read a ton of different things) but it looked fairly decent from what I could see. From what I could gather some were saying it has some sort of like dating/relationship element with all the guys in the game and others were saying it's like a visual novel where you choose your options I'm not sure either way but It's another one I thought in my head might have a limited release so thought best not risk missing out.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:01 am

commanderkaiser wrote:
Also preordered Hakuoki Memories of Shinsengumi Limited Edition, not even sure what it is about at all (I've read a ton of different things) but it looked fairly decent from what I could see. From what I could gather some were saying it has some sort of like dating/relationship element with all the guys in the game and others were saying it's like a visual novel where you choose your options I'm not sure either way but It's another one I thought in my head might have a limited release so thought best not risk missing out.
I was going to preorder that one from Shopto who are saying that it has art cards & a soundtrack whereas at GAME, they're saying it comes with an artbook, fan & towel. :o

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:24 am

When the starting price for a video game is £80 that it might sky rocket should probably be the least of your worries! Still, given what's happened with Xenoblade, I dare say that a few people will be sensing an investment opportunity here, so that might well happen.

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:37 am

I'll save £50 by NOT buying that stupid LE. :wink:
Logged out 15/07/2014.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:21 pm

Morkin wrote:£79.85 at Shopto. Any takers?
Been really, really looking forward to that game and want the stuff in the box, so yes.

Before anybody thinks I've lost my marbles, I've got £71.04p in credit with them from reward points waiting to be used up. :wink:
Matt_B wrote:When the starting price for a video game is £80 that it might sky rocket should probably be the least of your worries! Still, given what's happened with Xenoblade, I dare say that a few people will be sensing an investment opportunity here, so that might well happen.
Look at what happened with the Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch - Wizard's Edition on PS3.....
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Matt_B wrote:When the starting price for a video game is £80 that it might sky rocket should probably be the least of your worries! Still, given what's happened with Xenoblade, I dare say that a few people will be sensing an investment opportunity here, so that might well happen.
Oh yeah, I'm not buying it as an investment opportunity or anything it would purely be for just my collection. But it's one of those games I can see selling out as I'd imagine there will be limited quantities and the types of people that buy it I can see holding on to it. Still I'm sure I'll get my moneys worth out of it.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:13 pm

On a slightly less expensive note I saw this game is out in a couple of weeks and it warmed my heart.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Regular-Show-Mo ... gular+show
cool 8)
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD