3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

famicom69

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by famicom69 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:57 am

Pretty sure everyone has played it to death but it's worth picking up a 3DS for Mario 3D Land alone. Hands down the best Mario game I've played for years, prefer it to Galaxy 2, it just keeps on giving. I'll be buying a wiiu for 3D Land and X.

My only gripe with the hardware is the lack of region free. No excuse Nintendo, every other handheld has been region free. Can't wait for Shin Megami Tensei IV and Soul Hackers, would have imported long ago had the console not been region locked.

Would love to see more N64 era love on the console, 1080', a proper Pilotwings, F Zero GX port, Wave Race, new Star Fox, Mystical Ninja etc.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:16 pm

The very last of my 3DS pickups for a long time now - these were super cheap at my local GameCentre:

Resident Evil Revelations - £11.99
Spirit Camera (Fatal Frame) - £8.99
Super Street Fighter IV - £4.99

Proper bargains - looking forward to trying spirit camera, I loved previous games in the series and while I know this takes a wildly different approach I'm hoping it'll still be fun.

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Was playing Animal Crossing with a friend and visited her town. She caught a rare fish for the first time while i was there, then the connection messed up and kicked me out. She lost her fish too!

Not entirely sure how the town/market development works. Shes had it the same amount of time as me but seems to be lightyears ahead in everything :S
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:31 pm

ShadowNeku wrote:Was playing Animal Crossing with a friend and visited her town. She caught a rare fish for the first time while i was there, then the connection messed up and kicked me out. She lost her fish too!

Not entirely sure how the town/market development works. Shes had it the same amount of time as me but seems to be lightyears ahead in everything :S
It may be tied to how much you purchase and sell at the local shops. That's my theory anyway :oops:

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Rayne wrote:The very last of my 3DS pickups for a long time now - these were super cheap at my local GameCentre:

Resident Evil Revelations - £11.99
Spirit Camera (Fatal Frame) - £8.99
Super Street Fighter IV - £4.99

Proper bargains - looking forward to trying spirit camera, I loved previous games in the series and while I know this takes a wildly different approach I'm hoping it'll still be fun.
I'd be keen on Spirit camera if I can find it cheap enough :)

Been reading some reviews of Animal Crossing...I know it'll get the better of me and I'll have to try this out :lol:

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:57 pm

ShadowNeku wrote:Not entirely sure how the town/market development works. Shes had it the same amount of time as me but seems to be lightyears ahead in everything :S
Some of it's to do with how much money you spend (I think), some of it you have yo go into the Town Hall, sit in the chair at the back and set projects up, which you'll then have to pay for. (you can take as little/long as you want). Doing certain things seems to trigger certain events and make certain projects available.....for instance, I quit my game without saving at one point just to see Resetti appear with one of his long winded lectures, but when he did he only spoke briefly and said that times were hard and that I needed to fund a Reset Centre. This then became available as a project in the town hall, I completed it (cost around 368,000 bells in total) and now Resetti has a proper base of operations in my town and appears to tell me off every time if I don't save. Donating a lot of stuff to the museum eventually triggers Blathers (the museum curator) to ask for an expansion, which is then added to the list of projects available in the Town Hall. It's worth having a look at what's available every now and then.

If you journey to Tortimer's Island and just fill your item box up with bugs that you catch off the palm trees there (Goliath Beetles, Horned Atlas, etc), you can make 1000's of bells in a very short space of time, and get most things funded pretty quickly.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:55 pm

^ Cheers for the help Toxie and Rayne. I did think it might have something to do with expenditure since she has all sorts of town projects funded and i'm still on my first!
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

Flint

Post by Flint » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:26 am

I'm going to leave my AC gate open for a while if anybody wants to drop by and take some fruit.

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:28 am

according to the 3ds activity log I've almost put 40 hours into animal crossing already :shock:

im running around as Link with his head, clothes and boots, also sporting a Jason Voorhees mask to top it off, nice :lol:
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:29 am

Flint wrote:I'm going to leave my AC gate open for a while if anybody wants to drop by and take some fruit.

add me, my FC is 4596-9477-3816
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

Flint

Post by Flint » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:03 pm

Oops, I think I went to close my gate so I could add you just as you arrived.
Anyway you're already on my friend list, my code is 2277-7072-0232, hopefully it will work.

I'll leave it open to around 18:30-19:00.

Roo

Post by Roo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:04 am

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:22 am

Can anyone who has played/completed Castlevania 3DS, tell me the completion time of it, and if there are any unlockables etc to warrant extended play?

Nautical Rudie

Post by Nautical Rudie » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:43 pm

That Edge cover is great! I feel like i'm really missing out on Animal Crossing but I just know it will bore me to death!
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1873-6926. Give me a shout if you add me!

killbot

Post by killbot » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:21 pm

Picked up Paper Mario: Sticker Star today for £22. It's a birthday present for the wife but I had a cheeky go (to test it, you understand) and it plays nicely. More in the style of Thousand Year Door than Super Paper Mario, which is not what I expected.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360