3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

TheNewMonkey

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by TheNewMonkey » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:15 am

Been playing through Donkey Kong Country, my only problem with it is that once you select the other control scheme so that the run button is in the right place then it will only let you use the d-pad, that horrible clicky d-pad! the circle pad is far superior its ashame/stupid that they disabled it...

other than that its pretty much what I expected, the Wii version but in 3D, im hoping to unlock the new 3ds levels soon :D

Also did anyone actually manage to unlock the secret temple levels on the Wii version (or even this version) you've gotta get all the collectables in that set of stages then it unlocks, there's 1 for each world and there bastardy hard!! :twisted:
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:24 am

Just a quick Q: Does anyone have Madden 3DS? And if so, verdict? It's pretty iffy in most reviews...would be really keen on a NFL game for 3DS, but Madden sounds pretty average

Roo

Post by Roo » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:44 am

kiwimike wrote:Just a quick Q: Does anyone have Madden 3DS? And if so, verdict? It's pretty iffy in most reviews...would be really keen on a NFL game for 3DS, but Madden sounds pretty average
I had it in the past, and I'd honestly say that it's not that bad! Looks good, the 3D is genuinely beneficial for judging how far you throw/punt the football and it's got a belter of a soundtrack. That said, there's a criminal lack of content. Still, what's there is fine. You can definitely find it for cheaper than the £8 I paid for it (I think ShopTo have it for £4.85 or something).

Verdict: not essential, but with EA boycotting Nintendo's systems this will be as good as NFL gets on 3DS.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:16 am

Roo wrote:
kiwimike wrote:Just a quick Q: Does anyone have Madden 3DS? And if so, verdict? It's pretty iffy in most reviews...would be really keen on a NFL game for 3DS, but Madden sounds pretty average
I had it in the past, and I'd honestly say that it's not that bad! Looks good, the 3D is genuinely beneficial for judging how far you throw/punt the football and it's got a belter of a soundtrack. That said, there's a criminal lack of content. Still, what's there is fine. You can definitely find it for cheaper than the £8 I paid for it (I think ShopTo have it for £4.85 or something).

Verdict: not essential, but with EA boycotting Nintendo's systems this will be as good as NFL gets on 3DS.
Thanks for that, it might be worth grabbing if I see it at a decent bargain price by the sounds. It's a crying shame newer Maddens won't appear on 3DS or Wii U, the screens are just made for the gameplay with play books etc

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Mighty Switch Force 2 coming on the 27th June for Europe (Next week for America)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/0 ... _next_week
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:19 pm

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Nintendo 3DS is full of spectacular action, with dozens of monsters, hundreds of quests and thousands of weapons and armour pieces all waiting to be discovered. And while it’s a great solo experience, it’s even better in local wireless multiplayer, where four nearby players can all team up to conquer huge beasts together. Now it’s even easier to assemble a squad of hunters thanks to our Monster Hunter: Gift & Hunt Together Promotion!

If you register Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS version) with Club Nintendo before 22:59 (UK time) on 30th June, you’ll be able to receive a Recommendation Code which you can pass along to a friend. If your friend registers a Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system between 23:01 (UK time) on 3rd June and 22:59 (UK time) on 31st July 2013, and enters the Recommendation Code before 22:59 (UK time) on 5th August 2013, he/she will be eligible to receive a free Download Code for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Nintendo 3DS!

Whether you’re a veteran warrior looking for a hunting partner or a newcomer to the series keen to make a start, this is the promotion for you! For more information on how to claim and the promotion itself, please check out the How To Claim and Terms & Conditions sections of this promotional page.

If you already registered Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS version) with Club Nintendo, the Recommendation Code will become available on the Club Nintendo website from 15:00 (UK time) on Tuesday, 4th June 2013.
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Campaig ... 60515.html[/quote]

Pretty nice bonus!
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:31 am

Everyone claimed their free game? I've bought Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem & DKCR & I'm thinking of having Castlevania as my freebie. Animal Crossing would probably make more sense because it'll always be there ready to play, but as it's one of my favourite series, I 'have' to own the game. :o

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:22 pm

Morkin wrote:Everyone claimed their free game? I've bought Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem & DKCR & I'm thinking of having Castlevania as my freebie. Animal Crossing would probably make more sense because it'll always be there ready to play, but as it's one of my favourite series, I 'have' to own the game. :o
Animal Crossing will be my freebie when its released :D
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:22 pm

Morkin wrote:Everyone claimed their free game? I've bought Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem & DKCR & I'm thinking of having Castlevania as my freebie. Animal Crossing would probably make more sense because it'll always be there ready to play, but as it's one of my favourite series, I 'have' to own the game. :o
Yeah, I got Monster Hunter 3 as I've already bought both the Wii and Wii U version, and didn't really want to spend another £30 on the same game....but I did want to be able to use the cross save feature so I could switch between the Wii U and 3DS to play my game on the go if I want to.

I've got physical copies of all the others (will have Animal Crossing next week). Asides from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon as I'm not really into Pokemon and don't bother with the games much.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Roo

Post by Roo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:24 am

It'll be Animal Crossing: New Leaf or Fire Emblem: Awakening for me. I'm weighing up the idea of upgrading my original 3DS to an XL, and would get the Fire Emblem bundle for £125 (with vouchers) if I did. I don't really know if I want AC as a download or not.

~

I had an unexpected find in Cash Converters yesterday. In amongst the usual bargain-basement 3DS games (Asphalt 3D, PES 2011, James Noir etc) I came across Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. £4.99 and it was mine. When did this game become so valuable?! It's going for £25-£30 used on Amazon, eBay and the rest!

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:38 am

I'm torn between Luigi's Mansion 2 & Monster Hunter Tri.

Does anyone own Luigi's Mansion 2? Thoughts? :)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:22 am

Roo wrote:I came across Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. £4.99 and it was mine. When did this game become so valuable?! It's going for £25-£30 used on Amazon, eBay and the rest!
I can't imagine it sold very well at all and with it being an FF game (and a lot more 3DS's being sold since it came out) the value was always going to rise. It's one that I really hope to play at some point.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Roo

Post by Roo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:48 am

I was a bawhair away from getting a 3DS XL bundle yesterday for £160. One day later, Tesco have dropped the price on the console alone to £119, and with the use of a new customers voucher I've just bought myself a 3DS XL for £109! Nicely!

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintend ... 2#comments

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Don't suppose anyone has a Monster Hunter buddy code they don't plan on using? :oops:

I could trade a bit of retro or bits and pieces :)

chrisgoodhead

Post by chrisgoodhead » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:31 pm

Roo wrote:I was a bawhair away from getting a 3DS XL bundle yesterday for £160. One day later, Tesco have dropped the price on the console alone to £119, and with the use of a new customers voucher I've just bought myself a 3DS XL for £109! Nicely!

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintend ... 2#comments
Yep. Me too. Exactly the same deal. £109 for a brand new 3ds xl.

I'm collecting it on Monday. I'll trawl this thread now for game recommendations but if anyone's got any particular suggestions I'd like to hear them. Cheers.