3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

pratty

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by pratty » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:19 pm

I like the look of the Zelda game. And I prefer the slight angle to the direct over head view, surely it has to be better this way for the 3D effect.

I've mangaged to resist buying a 3DS so far with my mighty backlog of Wii, DS and GBA games still to finish. This new Zelda ensures I will deffinitely be getting a 3DS at some point, though I'm still hoping for a revised regular sized 3DS model.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Really good gameplay video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE_xMCt9VLw
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

dste

Post by dste » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Zelda is definitely a 3DS seller for me, now just need to find some cash for one. :lol:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:15 am

Done it. I'm now the proud owner of a 3DS XL, I'm just loving the thing. I've ordered Luigis Mansion 2 from a store that has it on a promo, and got Mario Tennis and Super Mario 3D Land to go with the others I bought cheap (mentioned in previous post). Currently playing Resident Evil and playing around with the camera :lol:

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Nice one Mike. Be good to hear your thoughts soon.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:53 pm

Thanks. I knew I definately wanted the XL version, the standard one I found the screens a bit small for my old fart eyes Lol. I've never really sat down for any length of time with one, only having brief goes at shows n shops, the 3D effect is pretty damn cool.
I've accumulated a list of wants for this machine over the past few months to know enough I'll get one, so when a local chain store was clearing a lot of old games for 5-10 quid each, another was having a weekend sale on the hardware, it was an easy choice to jump in :)

Check out www.thewarehouse.co.nz ,thats the local store that was clearing a pile of older (and not so old) games at such prices I thought it was an error. Will probably go for a final shop today at the local stores scattered, pick up a couple more and then I'll be set for ages, then pick up the odd must buys when I see them

the_b1ues

Post by the_b1ues » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:49 pm

Really glad i got my 3ds now really enjoying Luigis Mansion and Professor Layton. Although im starting to get cheesed off with die on the 3 sisters boss and having to start over.

Also i still cant get online!

Flint

Post by Flint » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:15 am

This is a brilliant promotion from Nintendo:

Register three games from a range of Nintendo 3DS titles and get a fourth game to download for free from Nintendo eShop
22nd April 2013 - With such a large roster of games available for Nintendo 3DS right now, players may find it difficult to decide which one to go for next. Starting from tomorrow (23rd April) Nintendo will be launching the So Many Games! Promotion on a select range of top Nintendo 3DS titles to help them choose.

Players simply need to register any three of eight top Nintendo 3DS titles with Club Nintendo by 30th June 2013, and they will be able to claim a free download code of their most-wanted game from the range for FREE.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS version)
Luigi's Mansion 2
Fire Emblem: Awakening
LEGO CITY Undercover: The Chase Begins
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/SoMany3DSGamesPromotion

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:47 am

Its a good thing I havent used my FEA code yet. XD Might just do this promotion to nab me a free Donkey Kong Country Returns download.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:41 am

Seems like a good deal. I'm getting DK, Luigi's Mansion and Castlevania anyway so I wonder which free game I'll go for...
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:03 pm

Tempted to go with Animal Crossing as my freebie so it's always there to potter about in.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Morkin wrote:Tempted to go with Animal Crossing as my freebie so it's always there to potter about in.
I was thinking the same thing. Seems like a decent game to get for free (I'd never pay money for it) and it seems like a decent game to dip in and out of from time to time. Still a bit tempted to get Monster Hunter if I can get the hang of it, but no official online mode and no right analogue stick would hurt the game a bit I think, might be more worthwhile me grabbing the Wii U version...
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:14 pm

It'll be Monster Hunter 3 for me, as I've already bought the Wii U version and have no intention on spending another £30 on the same game, if I can help it....but it will be useful to play on the move due to being able to port the game save back and forth. Plus I'd rather have physical copies of the others anyway. (I've already got physical copies of Castlevania LOS: Mirror Of Fate, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Fire Emblem Awakening as it is).

Seems to be a huge push from Nintendo (more so than Sony/Microsoft even) to convince people to buy retail games digitally at the moment though.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:06 am

Luigis mansion just arrived for me, so that'll be the first game I seriously get into I think. Loved the Cube original and heard many good things about this.

Bought Zelda OOT off a local auction, and the two I'll go out looking for at local Cash Converters etc this week are Starfox & Pilotwings. Then I'll be happy for a while :)

I am really liking the XL, nice size, great screens, good controls.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:11 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:Seems to be a huge push from Nintendo (more so than Sony/Microsoft even) to convince people to buy retail games digitally at the moment though.
I noticed they had some of those cards in GAME with codes for digital versions of 3DS games. They were all £39.99 though (even older games) so I couldn't see the advantage of buying digitally :|

Loving Fire Emblem at the moment though - seriously addicted to it!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.