3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ToxieDogg

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:10 am

Don't know if it's just me, but Luigi's Mansion 2 seems to be a tough little b*stard of a game compared to the original...I'm not complaining because I enjoy the challenge, but it took me a fair amount of time last night to work out how to defeat the boss of the first mansion....thought it was a little obscure and the game gives you NO clues whatsover at that point.

Then I was stuck outside the second mansion for a while too, could find the key for the first locked door for about 10 minutes. :oops: :oops:

As I've also said about Etrian Odyssey though, nice to play a game that doesn't feel like it has to hold your hand all the time.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:21 am

ToxieDogg wrote:Don't know if it's just me, but Luigi's Mansion 2 seems to be a tough little b*stard of a game compared to the original...I'm not complaining because I enjoy the challenge, but it took me a fair amount of time last night to work out how to defeat the boss of the first mansion....thought it was a little obscure and the game gives you NO clues whatsover at that point.

Then I was stuck outside the second mansion for a while too, could find the key for the first locked door for about 10 minutes. :oops: :oops:

As I've also said about Etrian Odyssey though, nice to play a game that doesn't feel like it has to hold your hand all the time.
Only two times I've had problems Luigi's Mansion were: On the 4th act of the first mansion, I couldn't get the last cobwebs on the balcony but that was because I was trying to do it all wrong, I was supposed to use the dark light torch to reveal an alternate entrance to the area.
The second was also on the first boss, but it was because I had no idea how to trigger the boss fight itself (I hate it when games do this, rather than just trigger the boss battle automatically). I figured out the boss out really quickly after that.
Is there a way to dodge attacks during vacuuming other ghosts? Because otherwise its a pain when you have more than one ghost on the screen at once and its a pain to avoid attacks when already attacking the one ghost. This problem really was highlighted when battling the 3 sisters. Still loving the game though, just a couple of bits frustrate me a bit at times!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:38 am

ShadowMan wrote:Only two times I've had problems Luigi's Mansion were: On the 4th act of the first mansion, I couldn't get the last cobwebs on the balcony but that was because I was trying to do it all wrong, I was supposed to use the dark light torch to reveal an alternate entrance to the area.
The second was also on the first boss, but it was because I had no idea how to trigger the boss fight itself (I hate it when games do this, rather than just trigger the boss battle automatically). I figured out the boss out really quickly after that.
Is there a way to dodge attacks during vacuuming other ghosts? Because otherwise its a pain when you have more than one ghost on the screen at once and its a pain to avoid attacks when already attacking the one ghost. This problem really was highlighted when battling the 3 sisters. Still loving the game though, just a couple of bits frustrate me a bit at times!
I don't think you can dodge whilst already vacuuming one ghost, but you can stun multiple ghosts and vacuum them up at the same time, which I've found helps. With the first boss fight, I was the opposite...had no problems triggering it, but then couldn't initially work out how to damage it the second time, though I put that down more to me just looking at things wrong. I also initially had the same problems with the dark light torch and having to use that to reveal hidden entrances as well. :oops: :oops: Think I'm getting the hang of things a lot more now though, the more I stick with it.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:58 am

Nautical Rudie wrote:Best thing to do is get on the eShop, theres a bunch of great exclusive stuff on there for under a tenner plus some great cheap random Virtual Console stuff like Mole Mania. Ive seen Shinobi and Shifting World in some shops for around a fiver as well.
tried, but the 3ds is the only thing in my house that wont talk to my Wi Fi. No idea why.

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:41 am

Timothy Lumsden wrote:
Nautical Rudie wrote:Best thing to do is get on the eShop, theres a bunch of great exclusive stuff on there for under a tenner plus some great cheap random Virtual Console stuff like Mole Mania. Ive seen Shinobi and Shifting World in some shops for around a fiver as well.
tried, but the 3ds is the only thing in my house that wont talk to my Wi Fi. No idea why.
Have you tried a Wi-Fi hotspot? Mine wouldnt connect at all to the eShop last year so had to send it to Nintendo for free repair.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

SpykeXD

Post by SpykeXD » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:02 pm

I seem to be a bit late getting 3DS games now. I used to grab the new ones when they came out but ever since I started going to this retro game store I've been spending my money there. I still haven't gotten Fire Emblem, Resident Evil, Metal Gear, or Luigi's Mansion yet.
If you can read this, you're too close to the screen

This is not the greatest and best signature in the world, this is only a tribute.

Like emulators? Join my Steam group! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/retro4life

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:39 pm

Fire Emblem? Nice... 3DS really does have some tempting titles - cant believe I am typing this!

the_b1ues

Post by the_b1ues » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Just got a 3ds had £47 on my game card so ive got a 3DS xl and Luigis Mansion. Let the fun begin.

Well it seems i cant connect to the internet my bt home hub isnt compatible and there no hot spots near me

Roo

Post by Roo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:38 am

Really getting into Luigi's Mansion 2 now. It feels old but new at the same time - I've not played anything (remotely) like it since the original on the GameCube.

You've also got a big week of sales starting on the EU eShop this week: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/0 ... 013_europe - Mutant Mudds is the way to go.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:58 pm

I've been keeping an eye on 3DS, and it is definately winning me over with a combination of price drop, XL version for my old eyes and some great games in the library now. Saw a review of Luigis Mansion on GINX and it looks great. Loved the original.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:38 pm

Animal Crossing is currently available to preorder at Shopto for the rather bargain price of £26.86. I think it's been that price for a while (preordered mine some time ago), but it's a lot cheaper than other places at the moment.

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:54 pm

Have been meaning to order again from ShopTo, but Game keep throwing in free stuff to tempt me (A Boo stress ball for LM2, and Fire Emblem's coming with a free art book. Probably a tiny book, but free is free...).
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Nautical Rudie

Post by Nautical Rudie » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:35 pm

So has anyone picked anything up from the eshop sale? I dropped just over a fiver on Mutant Mudds, demo was decent and it seemed a much better price point for me to jump on and I'm glad I waited. Its good to a point but extremely limited.
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1873-6926. Give me a shout if you add me!

ALK

Post by ALK » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:31 pm

I picked up Gunman Clive since £1.49 was even better irresistible price.

Anyone picking up Fire Emblem this week? It'll be my first taste in the series (Not count Smash Bros or the short plays I did of the GBA game they gave us for free).
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:25 am

Even more eShop games are getting a temporary discount this week!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/0 ... 013_europe
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.