3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
BennyTheGreek
Posts: 2256
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: you dont care

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by BennyTheGreek » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:53 pm

After leaving my 3ds for a weekend, then trying to charge it up all day, the sodding thing wont even switch on now :evil:

Looks like is all gonked up.....

Will have to take it back to gamestation tomorrow

the power button on the 3ds must have been designed by the same team who built the dreamcast power system.... :roll:

User avatar
Rayne
Posts: 6610
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:51 pm
Location: Scotland!

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by Rayne » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:50 am

BennyTheGreek wrote:After leaving my 3ds for a weekend, then trying to charge it up all day, the sodding thing wont even switch on now :evil:

Looks like is all gonked up.....

Will have to take it back to gamestation tomorrow

the power button on the 3ds must have been designed by the same team who built the dreamcast power system.... :roll:
Certainly the power button is spastic at best for me, it can take a bunch of random presses to get it working properly, there's no real rhyme or reason to it.

At least you can return yours, mine was obtained from Ebay :oops:
Image

User avatar
BennyTheGreek
Posts: 2256
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: you dont care

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by BennyTheGreek » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:12 pm

They changed it today for a lovely aqua blue one....

Kept my sd card and alls well....this one switches on immediately....I must have had a bit of a dud.......

People censored them off but as long as you are nice and polite, they are faultless in my opinion

ALK
Posts: 3053
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by ALK » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:10 pm

Got Tales of the Abyss today. Looking and playing very good so far.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

kiwimike
Posts: 3693
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:20 am
Location: Chch, NZ

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by kiwimike » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Price drop to $299 in NZ now. That's more like it. Won't get one atm with Xmas looming but at that price that sparks my interest.

User avatar
Uaithne
Posts: 493
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 12:49 am
Location: Australia

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by Uaithne » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Apologies if it's already been brought up, but after ordering the Game & Watch Collection for NDS (via the Nintendo Club), I was wondering if we'd ever see a Virtual Boy Collection for the 3DS. Or, if anyone else here would like such an item?

I'd played the Wario World game some time back, and thought it was quite good (albeit being on the Virtual Boy), so having it on a 'friendlier' console would be great!

I'm still to get Star Fox 64 on the 3DS ... It's still quite expensive over here, even compared to other 3DS games, so am assuming it's okay.
"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be a child forever" -Marcus Tullius Cicero, 46BC

Wants List | Items for Sale

Image

User avatar
DreamcastRIP
Posts: 9376
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:40 am
Location: England

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:54 am

I see the likes of Tesco are selling a 3DS Super Mario 3D Land bundle for £150 and the likes of Amazon are selling the console for £120. It'll be interesting to see whether offers such as these serve to sufficiently revive the fortunes of the ailing handheld.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

User avatar
c0nfu53d
Posts: 2098
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by c0nfu53d » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:49 pm

Noticed sainsburys currently have it for £120 instore too...

kiwimike
Posts: 3693
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:20 am
Location: Chch, NZ

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by kiwimike » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:50 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:I see the likes of Tesco are selling a 3DS Super Mario 3D Land bundle for £150 and the likes of Amazon are selling the console for £120. It'll be interesting to see whether offers such as these serve to sufficiently revive the fortunes of the ailing handheld.
Price is right now, but are there the games?

It's at a price now I am interested...once xmas is out the way I will look into what games have come out since I last looked at them, and what games are due to. That will make the decision ultimately :)

User avatar
DreamcastRIP
Posts: 9376
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:40 am
Location: England

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:33 pm

kiwimike wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:I see the likes of Tesco are selling a 3DS Super Mario 3D Land bundle for £150 and the likes of Amazon are selling the console for £120. It'll be interesting to see whether offers such as these serve to sufficiently revive the fortunes of the ailing handheld.
Price is right now, but are there the games?

It's at a price now I am interested...once xmas is out the way I will look into what games have come out since I last looked at them, and what games are due to. That will make the decision ultimately :)
I know what you mean. If, say, in approximately a year's time there's a '3DS Lite' on the market and plenty of high quality games available for it that aren't just rehashes then I may revisit my decision to pass on 3DS. Then again, in a year's time I'll probably be quite happy owning a PlayStation Vita as well as having upgraded my iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5 so...
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

User avatar
Random Hero
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by Random Hero » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:58 pm

ALK wrote:Got Tales of the Abyss today. Looking and playing very good so far.
Any more thoughts on this buddy?

I think I may have to pick it up now, as it seems to be going out of stock everwhere already. I can see it becoming another Vesperia situation. :S

ALK
Posts: 3053
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by ALK » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Random Hero wrote:
ALK wrote:Got Tales of the Abyss today. Looking and playing very good so far.
Any more thoughts on this buddy?

I think I may have to pick it up now, as it seems to be going out of stock everwhere already. I can see it becoming another Vesperia situation. :S
Havent played much or many Tales games for that matter, but it does feel and remind me of Symphonia, only on a handheld and just as good graphics. Can't say the 3D effect was very noticeable, but that's my only criticism. There's voice acting too, but only in English, but sounds good to me so far. The anime cutscenes, which are in 2D, look very nice indeed.

So yeah, this is the game to pick up if you're looking for an RPG for your 3DS. ;)

From what one person told me, it's only widely available online. Had a feeling this would become very rare someday....
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

User avatar
Random Hero
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by Random Hero » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:33 pm

ALK wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
ALK wrote:Got Tales of the Abyss today. Looking and playing very good so far.
Any more thoughts on this buddy?

I think I may have to pick it up now, as it seems to be going out of stock everwhere already. I can see it becoming another Vesperia situation. :S
Havent played much or many Tales games for that matter, but it does feel and remind me of Symphonia, only on a handheld and just as good graphics. Can't say the 3D effect was very noticeable, but that's my only criticism. There's voice acting too, but only in English, but sounds good to me so far. The anime cutscenes, which are in 2D, look very nice indeed.

So yeah, this is the game to pick up if you're looking for an RPG for your 3DS. ;)

From what one person told me, it's only widely available online. Had a feeling this would become very rare someday....
My gut feeling is this is going to become rare straight away! It's already sold out pretty much everywhere except Amazon and Play and we never got a copy in Gamestation, which isn't generally a good sign.

Bugger it, I'm gonna order it just in case. It's unlikely to be much cheaper than £35 anyway I would've thought, plus I usually get my moneys worth out of the Tales games. Also, gives me a decent excuse to play my 3DS again. ;)

User avatar
ShadowNeku
Posts: 2135
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:10 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by ShadowNeku » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:07 pm

Random Hero wrote:
ALK wrote:Got Tales of the Abyss today. Looking and playing very good so far.
Any more thoughts on this buddy?

I think I may have to pick it up now, as it seems to be going out of stock everwhere already. I can see it becoming another Vesperia situation. :S
I Preordered it with the same fear! Even the Wii Tales of Symphonia has become something of a rarity now so i wouldnt risk it with this either. Get it now while you dont have to pay £40+ for it.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

Morkin
Posts: 2679
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:37 am

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by Morkin » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:16 am

I'm sure I read that it was only going to be sold online, so I bought it straight away from Shopto.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests