3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

TheNewMonkey

Re: 3DS Games discussion/Collecting thread

Post by TheNewMonkey » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:01 pm

RetroBob wrote:It is crap you're right. It's weird, in the interview they say that this one of the best selling VC SEGA games on Wii which is partly why they chose it for this range. Maybe popular as it was bundled early on plus was an arcade game.

I did not know about Streets of Rage 2 3D! I hope in a small way my buying all of them helped!

Yeah i read that too, i almost dont believe it, altered beast was crap when it was released and feels almost unplayable today, very strange choice of game to be given the 3D treatment :?

Cant wait for SOR 2, Sonic 2 3D is also on the way :)
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:36 pm

Ah sweet. Hope these goes as far and as mny that SEGA feel the need to give us Sonic 3D...in 3D. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

SpeedBreaker

Post by SpeedBreaker » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:36 pm

3D OutRun has been delayed here in Australia which is incredibly annoying. Hopefully they'll get their act together soon and release it. :evil:
I did take advantage of the recent 3D Classics sale though and got 3D Super Hang On and 3D Galaxy Force 2.

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:30 pm

Direct stuff.

-Mewtwo is coming to Smash this month. on the 14th for those who registered both versions of the games and on the 28th for evveryone else who have to pay
-A store will be added to Smash Bros for new Mii outfits including the likes of Pac Man, Megaman and Sonic themes attire.
-Another DLC character too, Lucas returns in June. He and Mewtwo wioll also have Amiibos at some point.
-You can send suggestions to Nintendo on what characters you want to see as DLC for Smash on the website.
-Many many many more Amiibo. Jigglypuff and Greninja in May, Palutena, Zero Suit Samus, Gannondorf and one other in June, 3 Splatoon Amiibo with the game, 3 Yoshi Amiibo for Wooly World actually made of Wool, and Amiibo Cards for a new 3DS Animal Crossing spin off game, as well as the reciever for older 3DS models
-Azure Striker Gunvolt coming to 3DS in Europe on April 2nd
-Boxboy, a platforming puzzle game by Hal is available now.
-Another Pokemon Rumble game is arriving and this time, it's a Free to Pay game. Arrives April 8th.
-Streetpass Plaza is getting 2 new DLC games and a VIP Room on April 16th. One is a Fishing game and another has you beating up Zombies.
-Puzzle and Dragons bundle launching May 8th
-Codename STEAM launches in Europe on May 15th
-The new Fire Emblem game will be arriving sometime in 2016.
-Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, based around interior decorating! Arriving in Autumn along with Amiibo cards and the Amiibo receiver for older 3DS models
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

sirpigmeat

Post by sirpigmeat » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:53 am

With this and the wiiU going to be shilling out quite a bit to nintendo in the next few months I think
Definitly going for Puzzle and Dragons and Codename STEAM.
Will probly pick up Gunvolt and Boxboy when the're on sale though.
I'm really looking forward to Fire Emblem too.

ALK

Post by ALK » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:42 pm

Got Xenoblade a few days ago. While I'm still progressing through the Wii version near the end I believe, I liked it more then enough to go through it again on a handheld. As one would imagine, it's very impressive to see this running on my New 3DS. Some menus and icons like the Quest !s on the field take a little getting used to since even even look tiny on an XL but other then that, I'm enjoying it again so far.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:18 pm

Project X Zone 2 rumored to be in the works.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/0 ... ing_to_3ds
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:21 pm

ALK wrote:Project X Zone 2 rumored to be in the works.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/0 ... ing_to_3ds
Oh wow, that would be really cool. The original is a bit of a weird mess for anybody who isn't a fan of all the series' that are included in the crossover (due to all the references, cameos etc.) but I was horribly addicted to it and it's one of the few 3DS games that I still own. A sequel would certainly be an immediate purchase and I don't say that very often these days!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:13 pm

I liked Project X Zone and I'm not really that much of a fan of most of the series it's mashing up. It's just a goofy lightweight strategy game that gradually ramps up a bit as you progress. It's perfect for playing in short blasts as you can easily pick up where you left off.

That makes it the opposite of Codename STEAM which, from the demo at least, seems a little too involved for easy play on the hop. Although, I suppose that just makes it another example of a 3DS game that wouldn't be unfit for a home console.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:34 pm

Project X Zone 2 has just been revealed (reading about it on Neogaf at the moment).

Sega has some awesome new characters - Kage (VF), Hotsuma (PS2 Shinobi) Kiryu AND Majima (Yakuza). Oh, and Leon and Strider Hiryu are in as well. I still need to finish the first game, I played for a while but I didn't even unlock Megaman X yet, I really need to get back to it. So glad to see some Yakuza characters finally appear in a crossover (they are Sega's best current franchise in my opinion).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:29 am

And they still can't find the love for Ryo Hazuki

Would an appearance in this game be that much for sega also?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:07 am

samhain81 wrote:And they still can't find the love for Ryo Hazuki

You know, I completely forgot about Ryo somehow. He'd be awesome to see, I wonder who they'd pair him with (Ren?). Shenmue's pretty much dead and buried though so I'd doubt they'd have him show up, then again we got Shinobi's Hotsuma which was pretty left field (I expected Joe Musashi to be honest). Wish they'd not be using the Dead Souls versions of Kiryu and Majima though, I'd have thought they could have just used a Frank West style move list (have them using a variety of weapons and items from the main line Yakuza series instead), not that I'm really complaining, but they take the two best characters from the worst game in the series (they could have at least picked Goda instead so I could use his Chain gun arm again!).

A bigger omission on Sega's part for both this game and the last game though is Sonic. He's only Sega's mascot, seems weird that he's not here.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:52 pm

I guess this game kind of stays away from the more cartoon-ier/kid friendly like characters like Sonic. Even the MegaMan characters are from the more serious X series. Still, I'm REALLY hope for some Skies of Arcadia love this time (Havent beaten the first game, but I don't think Vyse or Aika are playable in it.)

Unity support is coming to the New 3DS models, so that should be quite something....

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/0 ... ntendo_3ds
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:12 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
samhain81 wrote:And they still can't find the love for Ryo Hazuki

You know, I completely forgot about Ryo somehow. He'd be awesome to see, I wonder who they'd pair him with (Ren?). Shenmue's pretty much dead and buried though so I'd doubt they'd have him show up, then again we got Shinobi's Hotsuma which was pretty left field (I expected Joe Musashi to be honest). Wish they'd not be using the Dead Souls versions of Kiryu and Majima though, I'd have thought they could have just used a Frank West style move list (have them using a variety of weapons and items from the main line Yakuza series instead), not that I'm really complaining, but they take the two best characters from the worst game in the series (they could have at least picked Goda instead so I could use his Chain gun arm again!).

A bigger omission on Sega's part for both this game and the last game though is Sonic. He's only Sega's mascot, seems weird that he's not here.
To be fair, they don't need to pair him with anybody as the first game has a lot of support characters that don't need somebody else from their series (Arthur and Valkyrie for example). Personally I'd have liked some Streets of Rage or Golden Axe characters but with the game being a crossover, I suppose they can't go to Sega-heavy and not have equal representation from Namco and Capcom numbers-wise.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:30 pm

ALK wrote:I guess this game kind of stays away from the more cartoon-ier/kid friendly like characters like Sonic. Even the MegaMan characters are from the more serious X series. Still, I'm REALLY hope for some Skies of Arcadia love this time (Havent beaten the first game, but I don't think Vyse or Aika are playable in it.)

Unity support is coming to the New 3DS models, so that should be quite something....

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/0 ... ntendo_3ds
I actually like the mix of Megaman love the series got. The original Namco X Capcom used Megaman Legends characters, X Zone used X and Zero (with Tron as an Assist) and I'm not bothered about X being used again. Frankly any series would work and I'm just glad that the series gets any representation at all!

Thinking about the Sega reps they could use... SoR would be awesome, Skies of Arcadia as well. For the heck of it for Sonic reps I'd go for Scratch and Grounder from the 90's animated series :lol:

In prep for the new game, I finally booted up the original P X Zone, turns out I'm not very far into it... Mission 18 at the moment. That said I forgot how much I love the soundtracks and character sprites in the series. I'm determined to at least reach Megaman X's first mission this time round.