Anyone else have cover variation OCD?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Neilos626

Anyone else have cover variation OCD?

Post by Neilos626 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:34 am

Anyone else not content with owning one copy of a game, instead having to track down all cover variations? I have the bug bad and its costing me an arm an a leg. Even the most unoticeable differences and I have to have it, for example I have 2 copies of Tazmania on the master system, one version states on the rear of the cover that the game has 5 levels, while the other version has a sticker placed over the top saying the game has 6 levels.

While I'm at it are there any sites listing cover variations, with accompanying scans?
Flux Capacitors wanted email MartyMcFly1985@greatscott.net

ShadowMan

Re: Anyone else have cover variation OCD?

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:42 am

Yep, I do. Any and all major or minor Megaman related cover variants is something I just have to track down - from regional differences (Germany got a completely different Megaman 2 cover) to incredibly minor stuff (such as slightly different rating logo's on the covers!) I'd only collect cover variants for my Megaman Collection though.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

TheNewMonkey

Re: Anyone else have cover variation OCD?

Post by TheNewMonkey » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:11 am

i wouldnt say i had ocd but i always go for the alternate box art or steelbook if i can, ill also buy the ntsc version instead if it has a better box art :D
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816