Limited/Collector's Editions Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

gmintyfresh

Re: Limited/Collector's Editions Thread

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:45 am

rapidly-greying wrote:
Lets keep this thread alive guys with more pics and chat.
Most impressed with your uncharted set, the top end limited edition from any Uncharted release is always worth picking up if possible because they always sell out quickly. The press kits are even more sought after.
Last edited by gmintyfresh on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:38 am

I keep forgetting that Ni No Kuni is out this month. I really should cancel it due to lack of funds. Wonder if it'll drop in price like most LEs?

van

Post by van » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:39 am

rupert wrote:I don't have any modern ones except the Fallout 3 Lunchbox which I received as a gift, I do think it's cool though.

Here are some older ones:

Master System Disney Briefcase:

Lucky Dime Caper Limited Edition set with audio cassette and tshirt:

I just spit my coffee out and I wasn't even drinking any!
Were these released in the USA?
Last edited by van on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:31 am

Morkin wrote:I keep forgetting that Ni No Kuni is out this month. I really should cancel it due to lack of funds. Wonder if it'll drop in price like most LEs?
I've ordered that too and I can just about afford it after Christmas! Don't think it'll drop mate it's sold out in quite a few places already.

rupert

Post by rupert » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:35 pm

van wrote:
rupert wrote:I don't have any modern ones except the Fallout 3 Lunchbox which I received as a gift, I do think it's cool though.

Here are some older ones:

Master System Disney Briefcase:

Lucky Dime Caper Limited Edition set with audio cassette and tshirt:

I just spit my coffee out and I wasn't even drinking any!
Were these released in the USA?
No they are both euro only

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:53 pm

Just noticed Zavvi are doing pre-orders for the limited edition Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance...

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps ... 47082.html

For £99.99 you get...

•Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Game
•Exclusive Action Figure: White Raiden - By Play Arts
•Additional In-Game Content: Exclusive DLC - White Armor

Now I love buying limited edition stuff, especially when it comes to Final Fantasy and Metal Gear, but a hundred quid just for that? I'm shocked. Even with the 10% discount I have, I don't think I'll bother!

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:06 pm

^ Yeah i was tempted but that is a little extortionate. The Deus Ex Human Revolution set was similar but at least along with the figure came an artbook, making of DVD/soundtrack and some in game content that wasnt just a costume.

A shame because i really love that box art. I'm conflicted!
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

James A

Post by James A » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Rinoa wrote:Just noticed Zavvi are doing pre-orders for the limited edition Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance...

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps ... 47082.html

For £99.99 you get...

•Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Game
•Exclusive Action Figure: White Raiden - By Play Arts
•Additional In-Game Content: Exclusive DLC - White Armor

Now I love buying limited edition stuff, especially when it comes to Final Fantasy and Metal Gear, but a hundred quid just for that? I'm shocked. Even with the 10% discount I have, I don't think I'll bother!
I saw that but have gone for the limited steelbook through Game. Also pre ordered the Aliens Power Loader set. Rather annoyingly i was wanting the Ni No Kuni Wizard set but its sold out already, maybe for the best though as my wallets going to be emptied over the next two months.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:08 am

The Last of Us special editions detailed.
As you know, The Last of Us is coming to PAL regions on 7th May, 2013. The game centres around two key characters, Joel and Ellie, and their journey across a post-pandemic United States.

To celebrate these very special characters we’re delighted to announce The Last of Us: Ellie Edition and The Last of Us: Joel Edition – two special editions of the game exclusive to PAL regions.

Packaged in a tactile canvas wrap, the contents of The Last of Us: Ellie Edition and The Last of Us: Joel Edition should get any collector’s heart racing. Dark Horse teamed up with Naughty Dog to produce The Art of The Last of Us, a mini artbook filled with the remarkable artwork that gave shape to the game, as well as The Last of Us: American Dreams Issue #1, which is the first in a series of comic books that explores the backstory of Ellie. This mini version included in each of the special editions features a variant cover found only in these two products.

Both editions are completely themed to that character, with artwork representing each on the premium outer and inner packaging. A screen print effect poster of each can also be found in their respective editions as well as a Dualshock 3 skin branded with Joel or Ellie, depending on which edition you decide to order

You can also express your admiration for your favorite The Last of Us characters in LittleBigPlanet as the respective editions will have voucher codes for a downloadable Joel costume or a downloadable Ellie costume for Sackboy.

Both editions are also loaded with The Last of Us downloadable content in the forms of two DLC packs:

Survival DLC Pack

Multiplayer bonuses:

Bonus XP
Melee booster
In-game currency
Customisable character items

Bonus Joel and Ellie skins available once the single player game is completed

Sights & Sounds DLC Pack

Official game soundtrack by Academy Award-winning musician Gustavo Santaolalla
PS3 Dynamic Theme
PSN avatars: Winter Joel & Ellie

Both Special Editions, The Last of Us: Ellie Edition or The Last of Us: Joel Edition, are available for pre-order now at your local participating retailer or online for £59.99/€79.99/AU$114.95. Pre-order today and find out more at http://www.thelastofus.com

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:37 am

I'm a little bit underwhelmed by that The Last Of Us one.

I was sorely tempted by the MGS one but in the end I decided that the price was too high for what I got, plus I'm not too bothered by the game really at the moment. Decided to preorder the God of War limited edition purely for the Kratos figure

http://www.amazon.co.uk/God-War-Ascensi ... 498&sr=8-4

Seems to have gone up in price, I preordered it at £61 so pretty happy with that really, I thought the price seemed a bit low when Shopto had it up for around £80 so I'm glad I went for it when I did.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:50 am

Preordered The Last of Us Joel edition from shopto yesterday.

James A

Post by James A » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:15 am

US collectors set is alot better. Might hang fire on getting it and see if i can get that in the States in October.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:22 pm

Well I cancelled my Ni No Kuni CE earlier in the week & now I've just watched the Eurogamer unboxing video. And kind of want it again. But all preorders are gone. Long gone. Oh well. You win some, you lose some!

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:37 am

Morkin wrote:Well I cancelled my Ni No Kuni CE earlier in the week & now I've just watched the Eurogamer unboxing video. And kind of want it again. But all preorders are gone. Long gone. Oh well. You win some, you lose some!
Thats a real shame, shopto had it up for preorder still on Monday. Quite surprised that they've not billed me for my copy they generally do because they send the game out so early.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:19 am

Looks like there's a spot of bother over in the US.
Ni No Kuni and the Wrath of the Horrible PR Disaster

This week was supposed to be joyful for North American gamers who've waited years to dive into Level-5 and Studio Ghibli's jointly produced role-playing masterpiece, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. And as many fans are discovering, the game has been well worth the wait. But for the biggest fans - those who put down $120 on publisher Namco Bandai's website to secure the Wizard's Edition of the game - the Ni No Kuni launch has been anything but magical.

Reports earlier this week from upset fans on NeoGAF, Facebook, Twitter and the official Namco Bandai forums suggested orders were being cancelled due to billing errors. Others stated their credit cards and bank accounts had been hit with pre-authorization charges for the game, but that customer service representatives for Digital River, the order fulfillment company Namco Bandai uses for their online store, could not provide shipping estimates. Launch day came and went, and while those who'd picked up the standard version of the game were enjoying it immensely, fans who'd ordered the Wizard's Edition were completely in the dark about when their copies were going to ship.

On Wednesday afternoon, some fans reported getting shipping notifications; then in the early evening, Digital River issued an official statement via the Namco Bandai forums:

We apologize for the discrepancies you may have encountered with your order of NAMCO BANDAI’s Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch™ – Wizard’s Edition. As one of our valued customers, we want to assure you that a Digital River representative will be reaching out to you individually via email to address your specific issue. Should you wish to contact us, please call us at 952-392-2057. We sincerely appreciate your patience as we work through this situation.

The mood lightened as talk among fans shifted from the poorly handled launch to the quality of Level-5's game. Then something else happened: Namco Bandai sent out a mass email to hundreds of fans telling them their orders had been cancelled and that they wouldn't be able to get the game after all:

Digital River is very sorry for the problems you had ordering NAMCO BANDAI's Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch™ - Wizard's Edition. Regretfully, we must inform you that because of an error in our ordering system, the available inventory of Wizard's Edition was oversold by mistake. As a result, we were unable to fulfill your order because it was placed after the stock was depleted. You will receive an official order cancellation notice within 24-48 hours.

It sounded like a simple, unfortunate, stocking error, but then the forums exploded yet again when fans who'd ordered the game last summer reported having their orders cancelled, while others who'd gotten the game during a one-day restock last week received shipping confirmations. While there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason as to who had their orders cancelled and who received shipping notifications, one thing is clear to us after several hours waiting on hold with Digital River's customer service: neither Namco Bandai nor Digital River were equipped to handle the demand for the game.
http://www.ign.com/blogs/mikebrns/2013/ ... -disaster/