Limited/Collector's Editions Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Hitman_HalStep

Re: Limited/Collector's Editions Thread

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:54 pm

got an e-mail from game with info about their exclusive resi 6 collectors edition.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/resident-evil- ... ion-179773

a pic for those that can't be bothered to go look.

"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Things like Artbooks and OSTs would always interest me but I find the DLC irksome and all the cheap-looking plastic dolls 'n' censored strike me as, well, cheap plastic censored....

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:27 pm

Morkin wrote:Now THIS is a LE I must own!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... -announced
A lavish special edition of bewitching PlayStation 3 RPG Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is on its way, publisher Namco Bandai has announced.

Dubbed Wizard's Edition, it includes a 300+ page hardback copy of the spellbook that protagonist Oliver uses in the game, a plush doll of companion character Drippy and exclusive Goldenmite and Golden Drongo DLC familiars.

Pre-order the set from participating retailers and you'll snag two further familiars exclusive to the Western release: Flutterby and Griffy.

How much will it cost? Namco isn't saying. Our guess: a lot.

The finished game, a collaboration between Dragon Quest 9 developer Level-5 and veteran Japanese animation outfit Studio Ghibli, is due out on these shores from 25th January 2013. Yep, that's a long wait - it originally launched in Japan in November last year.
And heres a pic!
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

Flint

Post by Flint » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:46 am

Damn that's a nice special edition, shame it'll cost too much for me, if it's $99 in America then it'll be even more over here once you add the usual rip-off mark-up for Britain and our higher VAT.

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store ... usive.html

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:28 am

I really like the look of the "Wizard's Edition" of Ni No Kuni as well. I won't bother if it's upwards of £100 though :?

James A

Post by James A » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:50 am

Rinoa wrote:I really like the look of the "Wizard's Edition" of Ni No Kuni as well. I won't bother if it's upwards of £100 though :?
I would say thats worth waiting a few months to get after its release ala the Ltd MGS Collection which you can find in most CEX's for less than £50. Chances are though thats one box set that will probably hold its value.

As for Res Evil 6 its just going to be the Steelbook edition for me. Way i figure it ill have my finances nearly back in order and be settled down in my new job. So thats more than likely going to be the first treat :D

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:14 am

3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:40 pm

Rinoa wrote:I really like the look of the "Wizard's Edition" of Ni No Kuni as well. I won't bother if it's upwards of £100 though :?
£69.85 at Shopto.net. :)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Definitely ordering that DOA5 set once we know which retailers will get which bits and pieces over here. Any word yet?
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:54 am

So tempted by that Resi 6 boxset, going to be patient though and wait on the chance it's going to drop in price. The SE deluge starts for me in September with Borderlands 2 so I'm enjoying the quiet period at the moment

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:38 pm

Morkin wrote:
£69.85 at Shopto.net. :)
Cheers! :D

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:37 am

Finally got my hands on a reasonably priced copy of Fallout New Vegas LE on the 360, lovely set very impressed with the quality.

rapidly-greying

Post by rapidly-greying » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:55 am

The aliens CM edition is nice and i have pre ordered it but i might cancel if it turns out the model is tacky looking. I have pre ordered the far cry one too as that looks nice.

I'll just get the steelbook of resident evil 6

Having too cut back though as its all far too expensive and i just won't have the room until we find a decent sized house.

Also, kids are expensive, who knew?
Keith,Scotland 35,wife n 2 kids,Owned(or own)a NES,SNES,N64,GC,Wii,Gameboy,DS,360,Sega MD,DC+GG,Intellevision, C 64, ZX Spec 48k+,PS1,2+3.Fave games are Zelda,Mario,Leaderboard,Tomb Raider,Bombjack,Pilotwings,Ridge Racer,Ico,Everybody's Golf,DAFC fan.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:42 am

Time to write my annual list of special edtion preorders, off the top of my head there may be more:

Sturmwind LE - Think this was on last years list (DC)
Assassins Creed - Join or Die Edition (360)
Borderlands 2 - Vault Hunter's Edition (360)
Halo 4 - Limited Edition (360)
No Ni Kuni - Wizard's Edition (PS3)

filecore

Post by filecore » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:14 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:Time to write my annual list of special edtion preorders, off the top of my head there may be more:
Halo 4 - Limited Edition (360)

How limited is this compared to Reach? The Reach one was anything but limited and available for about 20quid new only a few months later. Tempted to buy the normal edition of 4, finish it then trade it in for a good amount towards one of the mega deals that Gamestation or Game will be doing, with the other big releases that follow hot on the tails of Halo. Then pick up the LE at a later date!