Limited/Collector's Editions Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

rupert

Re: Limited/Collector's Editions Thread

Post by rupert » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:52 am

I don't have any modern ones except the Fallout 3 Lunchbox which I received as a gift, I do think it's cool though.

Here are some older ones:

Master System Disney Briefcase:

Lucky Dime Caper Limited Edition set with audio cassette and tshirt:

Master System II Jumgle Book edition:

Not sure this counts as a limited edition pack but but you don't see many and I do think it's cool..

And i've got this Mega Drive blister pack with Smurf in it..

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:13 am

Nice MS limited editions/rarities you've got the heavy hitters and in damn fine nick too!

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:18 pm

Resident Evil 6 Collector's Edition is down to £59.99 at GAME. Didn't the same thing happen with Skyrim CE this time last year?

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Morkin wrote:Resident Evil 6 Collector's Edition is down to £59.99 at GAME. Didn't the same thing happen with Skyrim CE this time last year?
This happens to all collectors editions in Game down the line. Give it more time and it will be the same price as a standard copy of the game.
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:03 pm

It's a bit of pot luck though playing the waiting game and seeing how low it will go, by the time it hits the price you were waiting for there might not be any left.

Happened the the Fallout NV Special Edition, I bought it full price and a couple of months down the line it was on sale for £19.99 I tried to pick one up for the PC but every platform version was sold out. Great for anyone who was quick enough to snap one up not so good if you've been playing the waiting game and missed out, then you've got to contend with overpriced online places such as ebay.

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:54 pm

Wow Lucky Dime Caper! I haven't seen that in years! Also I use to play New Zeland Story while waiting for channel 4 Beavis and Butthead to come on. I think I may have had that double pack back in the day...

James A

Post by James A » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 pm

A few new ones ive got

Got off the missus for my birthday the Far Cry 3 LTD boxset

also picked up the Mass Effect 2 collectors edition for the 360 for £10 in Game which i though was a bit of a bargin.

tux

Post by tux » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:52 am

Got this back when it was new when my other half pre-orederd MOH rising sun on orginal XBOX.
Faux ammunition tin. Contained nothing else though apart from the standard game in its normal case.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:07 am

tux wrote:Got this back when it was new when my other half pre-orederd MOH rising sun on orginal XBOX.
Faux ammunition tin. Contained nothing else though apart from the standard game in its normal case.
Lovely, I've never seen this before!

James A

Post by James A » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:08 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:
tux wrote:Got this back when it was new when my other half pre-orederd MOH rising sun on orginal XBOX.
I got one of those ammo tins earlier this year from a car boot. They look really good on the shelf.

tux

Post by tux » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:13 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:

Its not worth big bucks but it is pretty hard to find!

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:39 am

Preordered The Bioshock Infinite Ultimate Songbird Edition, it's an infamous "Game Exclusive".

http://www.game.co.uk/en/Bioshock-Infin ... A-_-250694

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Came through from Genkivideogames a couple days back, now had the chance to open it up and have a look/play:
It actually plays really well, would recommend it as a decent shooter although for me the controls feel a little stiff. It looks pretty nice as well, apart from the fact the Neuroi aren't the most visually interesting enemies around - kind of remind me of those things in Starfox Assault. I keep meaning to start in properly on the great range of shmups for PSP, but there always seems to be something else I want.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:27 am

Sel Feena wrote:Came through from Genkivideogames a couple days back, now had the chance to open it up and have a look/play:
It actually plays really well, would recommend it as a decent shooter although for me the controls feel a little stiff. It looks pretty nice as well, apart from the fact the Neuroi aren't the most visually interesting enemies around - kind of remind me of those things in Starfox Assault. I keep meaning to start in properly on the great range of shmups for PSP, but there always seems to be something else I want.
Woah I ddn't know about this, I've got the 360 limited edition and this looks lovely

rapidly-greying

Post by rapidly-greying » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:07 am

Just a few pictures to keep the thread going.

I'm really into Uncharted stuff, I got two of the notebooks so I can write in one and keep one mint.

Lets keep this thread alive guys with more pics and chat.
Keith,Scotland 35,wife n 2 kids,Owned(or own)a NES,SNES,N64,GC,Wii,Gameboy,DS,360,Sega MD,DC+GG,Intellevision, C 64, ZX Spec 48k+,PS1,2+3.Fave games are Zelda,Mario,Leaderboard,Tomb Raider,Bombjack,Pilotwings,Ridge Racer,Ico,Everybody's Golf,DAFC fan.