Kirby TV Channel (Wii)

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Liamh1982

Kirby TV Channel (Wii)

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:49 am

Anyone downloaded this yet? What do you think?

I'm happy to finally get a proper chance to see this, decent quality (unlike YouTube on the Wii) and it's FREE!

C=Style

Re: Kirby TV Channel (Wii)

Post by C=Style » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:55 am

Sounds interesting, what is this exactly?

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:10 pm

Here's the official Press Release....

22nd June 2011 - Fresh from the recent release of the critically acclaimed Kirby’s Epic Yarn, the cute and adorable Kirby is returning to Wii on 23rd June 2011, as part of his own dedicated TV Channel. The Kirby TV Channel will be available across much of Europe as a completely free download and will feature TV shows starring Kirby, the legendary Star Warrior, as he battles King Dedede in Dream Land.

The channel will allow you to view over 50 Kirby episodes that will be updated twice a week over a six month period. Fans of Kirby will be able to check the programming schedule just like a real TV channel and choose from four streaming episodes at a time.

Every week, two new episodes will become available – one on a Monday and one on a Thursday. The episodes will be available to view for two weeks before being archived to make way for new episodes. Episode 1 is permanently unlocked so Kirby fans can watch how he came to land in Dream Land at their leisure. Keep a close eye on the channel, as watching episodes from the archives may be possible, ensuring you never miss an episode.

The Kirby TV Channel will be available to fans in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Ireland, Greece, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Australia and New Zealand.

Whether you have been a fan of Kirby since his debut in 1992 on the Game Boy with Kirby’s Dream Land or have recently discovered the cute hero through Kirby’s Epic Yarn on Wii, the new Kirby TV Channel is the best place to help you to keep up to date with Kirby and his friends’ fun adventures in Dream Land.

Tepid Snake

Post by Tepid Snake » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:11 pm

It's a free channel to download to your Wii Menu that lets you watch the Kirby TV series for free, but with a rotating schedule that shows only four episodes (plus the first one) at any one time. Wrote a little bit about it over at RetroCollect this morning.

Not sure what to make of the show itself- it certainly feels like a Saturday morning cartoon kind of thing- but I will say listening to King Dedede warble in an over-the-top Southern accent is incredibly amusing. Plenty of direct references to the games as well.
Updated 11/05/11 - P.O.W. - Prisoners of War
Image RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews & Community

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:17 pm

Sounds certainly interesting will have to watch a few before making a decision, but good on Nintendo for making it free.

Sir Hilary Bray

Post by Sir Hilary Bray » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:52 pm

I wish they would do this with the old Mario Cartoons, Mario 3 and Mario World had it spot on.

Nautical Rudie

Post by Nautical Rudie » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:13 pm

I just watched episode one, it was..........interesting. My flatmate couldnt get over the use of both classic and 3D animation styles haha
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1873-6926. Give me a shout if you add me!

killbot

Post by killbot » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:13 am

This does sound interesting, but I don't like Kirby all that much.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:34 am

^ :lol: Post of the day!

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:06 pm

killbot wrote:This does sound interesting, but I don't like Kirby all that much.
Erm . . . . .

Do you have to be under 12 to sign up? :lol:

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:10 pm

Jagfest_UK wrote:
killbot wrote:This does sound interesting, but I don't like Kirby all that much.
Erm . . . . .

Do you have to be under 12 to sign up? :lol:
No, I believe the minimum IQ requirement is a smidgen higher than that for adults! :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Got this tonight, because it was free and I'd exhausted all the iPlayer had to offer for the evening.

Who knew MetaKnight was Spanish?
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.