Incoming Konami collections

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

In coming Konami collections

Metal Gear Solid
43%
Silent Hill
38%
Zone of the Enders
19%

Total votes: 42

thevulture

Re: Incoming Konami collections

Post by thevulture » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:12 pm

PaulEMoz wrote:
thevulture wrote:Sean's yank accent? Now that's a true horror! :lol:
Never mind that, his English accent is a true horror! Have you ever seen Goldeneye?
:wink: Indeed i have, along with various eps.of Sharpe, but they pale next to that American accent.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:15 pm

thevulture wrote:@Dreamcast RIP-That would depend if Lucas decided to replace Ford's vocals with those of Jar Jar, just to appeal, like to 'The kids'.... :wink:
Or Ronaldinho...

:lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:16 pm

Why all the Sean Bean hate? Man is a legend!

And that Ronaldinho comparison is f**king ACE!

PSN username - MartinPhantom

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:41 pm

RetroMartin wrote:Why all the Sean Bean hate? Man is a legend!

And that Ronaldinho comparison is f**king ACE!
Sean+Right film/TV series=Legend. Sean pretending to be a dyed in the wool American, running around creepy small US town, looking for his daughter=Not so hot.....

Hmmmn, i appear to have started something with my censored about SH voice work being changed.Mind you, i did warm to new voice of Cole in Infamous 2...so hope for me yet....

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:20 am

PaulEMoz wrote:None of them.

I'd rather have a Gradius collection.

And after that, a massive arcade collection. It's about time Konami put one of those out, especially after Game Room went tits up.
Knew i had this somewhere:

C+VG #185, April `97.Interview with Konami President Mr Kuniaki Kinoshita.

(C+VG): 'Would Konami consider doing a classic collection like Namco did?'

(Konami President): 'Nothing like that is planned.Because it could have a bad reputation, a danger of people saying Konami does'nt have anynew games, they have to go back and use their old files.I'm worried about that, so don't have any plans'.

Yet future years saw how many MGs/SH games and spin off's....?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:36 am

There will never be a Geomon collection in the UK

crusto

Post by crusto » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:05 pm

Forget them three, what I want is a total gradius/nemesis/salamander parodius/you get my drift hd make over with the odd bonus 3d section thrown in. All for a nice round £20 please.

Eat your nans pants

ChipTune

Post by ChipTune » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:33 am

I got excited clicking on this page thinking it would be awesome Konami arcade hits from the 80's and 90's on an ace compilation.. instead we get some recent generation games on one disk.. thats f@cking LAME!

Silent Hill 2 is the best, the rest of the series are a mixed bag at best.. Metal Gear Solid games I absolutely despise, despite loving the genre..

So absolutely nothing to get excited about here.. Whats the point.. if you love silent hill or MG then you probably have all the games anyway...

disappointed

Gamersparadise

Post by Gamersparadise » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:21 am

I wish they make a Crime Fighters Collection ( Crime Fighters - Crime Fighters 2 ( Vendetta ), Violent Storm, ) Its been a while
we saw games like Final Fight / Streets of Rage. And Vendetta is the best

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:57 am

:cry: New voice actors for Silent Hill 2 are bloody awful, compare for yourselves and honestly tell me they are better!

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/08/20/ ... -horrific/

sebadude

Post by sebadude » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:58 am

ChipTune wrote:I got excited clicking on this page thinking it would be awesome Konami arcade hits from the 80's and 90's on an ace compilation.. instead we get some recent generation games on one disk.. thats f@cking LAME!

Silent Hill 2 is the best, the rest of the series are a mixed bag at best.. Metal Gear Solid games I absolutely despise, despite loving the genre..

So absolutely nothing to get excited about here.. Whats the point.. if you love silent hill or MG then you probably have all the games anyway...

disappointed
Same here dude... surely a Konami collection would be a great idea, although I imagine the company probably realise they can make more money by selling the games individually on the Virtual Console and Xbox Live. Seems like there was a lucky, brief window of opportunity 'after' retro but before DLC became commonplace, where we managed to get quite a few cool retro compilations :)

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:21 am

I'd have to go for none of them as well...I'm not interested if they look nice with HD update, there still the same game you played 10+ years ago (MGS/SH) is that a crap way to look at it.

Now as a bit of a Konami/Kojima fan boy how about:

Snatcher & Policenauts collection - all English versions, so that's Snatcher on the Mega CD and Policenauts on the PS1 (OK no English voice actors, but it has been fan subbed so whats the issue with Konami whipping out an official subbed translation now the works been done for them)

Along with videos of the various versions, artwork, production notes, plot outlines (original scripts) the original pilot discs (released on the PCEngine and 3DO).

A few unlockables such as:

PC88 and MSX2 emulator to play Snatcher as intended (2 acts, different ending to the 3 act versions)

SD Snatcher - mini snatcher RPG

Sound tracks - Snatcher has some beautiful music, Policenauts, some of the music was reused for MGS (well inspired by anyway)

PC-98 Version of Policenauts - all the cut scenes were hand drawn pixel art, different to the anime scenes used in the PS version

Trading card collection

There is such a wealth of information that could be included....damn...I want it now but keep dreaming. :cry:
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

harlequ1n

Post by harlequ1n » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:44 am

Zone of the Enders as it will be my 1st time with the series while I already have all the MGS and Silent Hill titles included in such collections.

Also, as tempted by it as I am, I won't be getting the SH collection in retaliation for the lackluster business practices Konami is pushing towards their voice actors. Just watch this video to understand the situation.

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:24 am

silent hill and MSG are both new to me really - hardly played them - so if both were priced reasonably on PS3 I would go for it. (does anyone know their pricepoint?)

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:29 am

Timothy Lumsden wrote:silent hill and MSG are both new to me really - hardly played them - so if both were priced reasonably on PS3 I would go for it. (does anyone know their pricepoint?)
R.R.P is £29.99, likes of Amazon selling them under £25.