NoE with another balls-up - OoT 3DS this time..

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

snesfanboy

Re: NoE with another balls-up - OoT 3DS this time..

Post by snesfanboy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:16 am

i got the same thing, got an error on the site but only because it wouldn't accept my house number

so i clicked on the 'skip' button, got my points and sent an e-mail to their mail address with a screen print of the error code

only thing we can do now, is wait...

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:52 am

LOOL it is bad form of Nintendo to do this but.... it's just a free soundtrack CD that would of only come in a crappy cardboard sleeve no doubt! Hardly an "outrage". I understand it's false advertising, though I never read about the promotion till after I bought the game and it wouldn't of changed my decision either way.

Having said that, did anyone actually buy OoT 3D on the back of this offer? If so, then I hope you get it resolved. :)

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:11 am

Even though you've all been ripped off, I bet you'll all rush to buy the next Nintendo 3DS release.

I'm surprised they don't just stick a turd in a box and call THAT a game. People will still buy it.

Oh, wait. Gearbox already did that this year. :lol:
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

jcdentont1000

Post by jcdentont1000 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:06 pm

:lol: at the attempt to troll the thread. Trolling is an art, and a post has to be either amusing or written with feigned sincerity; that last post has neither wit nor the ability to rile.

Back on topic, no word from Nintendo yet but another (pretty rubbish) article has sprung up;

http://gamersyndrome.com/2011/video-gam ... oad-error/
XBox 360 Gamertag: jcdentont1000
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: TBC (Now, where did I leave my 3DS..)

"Trust no one. Question everything."

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:11 pm

Since OoT is supposed to be one of the greatest games of all time, shouldn't the CD just have come with all copies as standard? It's just a disc, not a huge bundle of other stuff that they'd have to keep producing for every copy...
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:15 pm

It was a bit annoying to not get a CD but nothing to get too upset about. Im sure that someone will put the tracks online soon enough.

I didnt preorder it but the gamestation guy still gave me an ocarina and a deku tree in a tin! so that was nice...

Never played this on the N64 before either so loving my first couple of hours so far...3D is tough on my eyes tho.

Chris

Post by Chris » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Update from NoE:
We would like to update our Club Nintendo members who have attempted to register their The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D title with Club Nintendo over the weekend in order to take part in the bonus soundtrack CD promotion.

Unfortunately, we encountered a technical issue with our Club Nintendo website and this resulted in an error for some customers when trying to claim the promotional soundtrack CD from Friday afternoon until today, Monday, June 20th. This issue is now solved, but we would like to extend our sincere apologies to all Club Nintendo members who encountered this problem.

Our The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D CD Soundtrack promotion continues to run until June 30th, 2011. All European Club Nintendo members may register for and receive a bonus soundtrack CD until that date. We will be in contact soon with Club Nintendo members who registered their software, but were not able to enter their details for the soundtrack CD, with information on how to proceed in order to receive the CD.
Read somewhere that everyone that registers by 30th June will get one, but don't quote me one that :P

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:51 pm

So, it turns out it was a technical error after all? Good.

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:32 pm

Excellent. It also means a lot of people on a lot of forums who said they phoned Nintendo and were told there were no CD@s left were lying little shits.

internet forums in false information shocker ;)

jcdentont1000

Post by jcdentont1000 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:43 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No. It doesn't mean that.

It means that the customer service lackey at Nintendo who answered the phone on Friday afternoon gave duff information.
XBox 360 Gamertag: jcdentont1000
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: TBC (Now, where did I leave my 3DS..)

"Trust no one. Question everything."

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:54 pm

jcdentont1000 wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No. It doesn't mean that.

It means that the customer service lackey at Nintendo who answered the phone on Friday afternoon gave duff information.
It's possible - but it's also possible that the people who were saying there were 1000 left or whatever were making assumptions because of past problems that Nintendo have had. It seems a couple of people on one forum said they'd rang, and then everyone else copied that response to other people.

And of course, there's always the possibility that they did run out, Nintendo realised what a complete balls up there'd been, and so they've made an excuse since.

Whatever, doesn't really matter, we're all getting the CD now (hopefully) so good times!

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:44 pm

or it means there were only a thousand and after the outbreak of nerd rage they have ordered some more and issued a cover up statement??

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:27 am

jcdentont1000 wrote: It means that the customer service lackey at Nintendo who answered the phone on Friday afternoon gave duff information.
I can confirm that this is the case.
speed/missile/double/laser/option/?

Garry

Post by Garry » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:02 am

Great game. I don't register my nintendo games games no more, they ballsed that system up years ago. Maybe I should start selling these Super-Rare bits of paper on Ebay?

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:27 am

Might be better than the US... the American site states they've sold out, no more CDs...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...