Anybody else preordered the new Playstation Vita yet?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DreamcastRIP

Re: Anybody else preordered the new Playstation Vita yet?

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:22 am

Mootown wrote:I'm contemplating purchasing a couple of import games to play on my Vita - it's crap having a console that's essentially full of demo games knowing that I have to wait for 'proper' games to come out. PSN UK doesn't appear to be switched on yet either, although I find this baffling as a guy I know who works at Sony seems to have his up and running. Perhaps the Sony guys have beta access or something.
Have a look at the PS Store on that guy's PSV to see if any games are up yet and if so tell us what prices (if priced yet) they are. PLEASE!!!
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:45 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Mootown wrote:I'm contemplating purchasing a couple of import games to play on my Vita - it's crap having a console that's essentially full of demo games knowing that I have to wait for 'proper' games to come out. PSN UK doesn't appear to be switched on yet either, although I find this baffling as a guy I know who works at Sony seems to have his up and running. Perhaps the Sony guys have beta access or something.
Have a look at the PS Store on that guy's PSV to see if any games are up yet and if so tell us what prices (if priced yet) they are. PLEASE!!!
Wish I could but I haven't seen him in person and probably won't until after launch - all I see is his facebook account telling me he's unlocking trophies on games I don't have yet! :( Mine won't even allow you to log-in to your account.

I'll keep trying to connect...........

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:03 am

Fair enough - it was worth asking!

Like you said, the chances are he's able to access PSN via something like a developers'-only entry method. Keep on trying though just in case!
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Played demo versions of Uncharted and Wipeout today and it is the most disappointing pair of launch games ever.

Uncharted was a visual mess, the colours were garish and the frame rate was choppy as hell. I cannot believe if the full game is the same that people are going mad over it. It does control well enough but the small screen really makes for what a shallow game it appears to be.

Wipeout did fare better. It controls very well, feels fresh enough to be just another rehash but yet again graphical fidelity is getting in the way of function, these games simply look better when not moving.
The screen is so tiny you need precision control and smoothness to be able to see everything when you adjust the camera.

That said, of course I think it will be a cracking machine but like the 3DS, not interested right now.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:08 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Rayne wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote::lol: Yes, yes, the PS Vita isn't so pricey after all! Honest, guv'nor!
It won't be once I flog my 3DS :lol:
The prospect of PSV has made you decide to ditch 3DS so soon? Or are you perhaps selling your 3DS now while they still command a decent price and are later intending to buy '3DS Lite' in the assumption they'll have remedied the myriad hardware issues?
My 3DS simply gets no use, its a nice system but I don't ever feel the urge to play the bloody thing.

I imagine there'll be a dual stick version released within the next 4-5 months so I wouldn't much regret selling up, all that would bug me is the loss of all the ambassador content that I got.

Proper excited for Vita though - PS3 streaming + Trophy support on games means I could waste hours on it. There's also no shortage of games I'd want either, with MVC3, Ninja Gaiden Sigma +, Uncharted & Mortal Kombat all due either on launch of in the month or two following

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:18 pm

I'm interested in buying some of those games too although I may wait until they've dropped in price a bit further.

I sure like the look of Unit 13 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlhuxhvxivo

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:23 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote: I sure like the look of Unit 13 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlhuxhvxivo
Yea that game is getting some good feedback from the gaming press. I was ready to write it off but will be seeing how it goes!

Unfortunately Resistance: Burning Skies doesn't seem to be looking so good which is one of the Vita shooters Im looking forward to most.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:12 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:Willpower meltdown here too! Despite my aforementioned misgivings: Pre-order placed! :D

I couldn't resist the new offer by Amazon.co.uk which Morkin posted news of -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html ... B0054Q82WI

So, for £234 shipped I'll be receiving a Wi-Fi PlayStation Vita, 8GB Sony memory card and Sega's Virtua Tennis 4. :D
:lol: :lol:

:wink:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Joey wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote: I sure like the look of Unit 13 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlhuxhvxivo
Yea that game is getting some good feedback from the gaming press. I was ready to write it off but will be seeing how it goes!

Unfortunately Resistance: Burning Skies doesn't seem to be looking so good which is one of the Vita shooters Im looking forward to most.
Been given to a new developer, footage i've seen makes game seem in need of a great deal of polishing before release.....

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:56 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:Willpower meltdown here too! Despite my aforementioned misgivings: Pre-order placed! :D

I couldn't resist the new offer by Amazon.co.uk which Morkin posted news of -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html ... B0054Q82WI

So, for £234 shipped I'll be receiving a Wi-Fi PlayStation Vita, 8GB Sony memory card and Sega's Virtua Tennis 4. :D
:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll:

crusto

Post by crusto » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:16 pm

:oops:

Eat your nans pants

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:23 pm

crusto wrote::oops:
Yep, I should have just ignored his petty-mindedness.

crusto

Post by crusto » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:25 pm

Theres nothing like a good old fashioned emoticon fest.

Eat your nans pants

Misa

Post by Misa » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:29 am

I probably won't buy it, as I've just bought a 3DS and so I'm skint. I did play it recently in GAME and it's very shiny, the graphics are really amazing. I just played some generic racing game, nothing special, but whether or not I'll be interested in this will depend on the games later on. I'm not really a big Sony fan and aren't much interested in many of their franchises, but I'll give it a chance if decent games come out.

Although my 3DS has sat largely unplayed after I completed Ocarina of Time for the billionth time, think I'm gonna get Luigi's Mansion 2 for that though.

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:34 am

nakamura wrote:Played demo versions of Uncharted and Wipeout today and it is the most disappointing pair of launch games ever.

Uncharted was a visual mess, the colours were garish and the frame rate was choppy as hell. I cannot believe if the full game is the same that people are going mad over it. It does control well enough but the small screen really makes for what a shallow game it appears to be.
I'm surprised you didn't like it - I played it for quite a while (demo), and never noticed any major frame rate issues, and no other graphical problems. Looked a bit boring scenery wise (which is not something I'd usually say about an Uncharted game), but I was majorly impressed by it.