what retro game are you currently playing ?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

hookshot_john

Re: what retro game are you currently playing ?

Post by hookshot_john » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:27 pm

Chrono Trigger (SNES) for the umptenth time...

Can never seem to get enough of this game. Especially when you use the +game and get to crush some imps with the rainbow! oh hell yeah. :D

martin8777

Post by martin8777 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:05 am

Just finished Toejam & Earl on the Megadrive and just downloaded the Street Fighter II collection app onto my ipod touch so will give that a bash next.

Confessor

Post by Confessor » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:24 am

I had a go with Alien Trilogy on PS1 but I keep sucking...can't even finish the fourth mission on first level. Aliens move fast but the player is very slow, especially when turning 180°.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:31 am

Masakisu wrote:Defender of the Crown

... Horrible, horrible game, I'm actually amused by how bad it is. God knows what I'm going to do with it now.
Waaaa?! Defender of the crown is awesome. You are clearly wrong :P

Seadog74

Post by Seadog74 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:58 am

P47 Thunderbolt on the amiga. A lot tougher than the cpc version and probably not as good considering the difference in power.

eeztheman

Post by eeztheman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:27 pm

California Games on the NES.

I prefer the SMS version though.

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:33 pm

Confessor wrote:I had a go with Alien Trilogy on PS1 but I keep sucking...can't even finish the fourth mission on first level. Aliens move fast but the player is very slow, especially when turning 180°.
I wouldn't worry. It's an awful game.

ewjim

Post by ewjim » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:07 pm

arcade shinobi has gone to 200ms points on xbox live.. reliving the impossible dream of beating that game! only this time i wont be spending about £800 (or the 80's equivalent of £2.50) in the arcades on it!

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:23 am

CIH wrote:
Confessor wrote:I had a go with Alien Trilogy on PS1 but I keep sucking...can't even finish the fourth mission on first level. Aliens move fast but the player is very slow, especially when turning 180°.
I wouldn't worry. It's an awful game.
Seriously? I loved that game! It was a bit samey, but it really nailed the tension and horror factor. Though maybe it hasn't stood the test of time particularly well.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

llj

Post by llj » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:09 pm

ewjim wrote:arcade shinobi has gone to 200ms points on xbox live.. reliving the impossible dream of beating that game! only this time i wont be spending about £800 (or the 80's equivalent of £2.50) in the arcades on it!
The Sega Mega Drive collection is a better way to play it...the XBLA versions are altered (no Marilyn posters, Spider-Men different colors).

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:13 pm

various mame shooters,mainly 1941 but did really enjoy dragon blaze(used a lot of credits on both).plan on trying parodius later.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

ewjim

Post by ewjim » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:26 pm

llj wrote:
ewjim wrote:arcade shinobi has gone to 200ms points on xbox live.. reliving the impossible dream of beating that game! only this time i wont be spending about £800 (or the 80's equivalent of £2.50) in the arcades on it!
The Sega Mega Drive collection is a better way to play it...the XBLA versions are altered (no Marilyn posters, Spider-Men different colors).
ive got the mega drive collection as well... just love all various versions of shinobi. the arcade version has fond memories as a kid playing it in my local video shop

llj

Post by llj » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:28 pm

ewjim wrote:
llj wrote:
ive got the mega drive collection as well... just love all various versions of shinobi. the arcade version has fond memories as a kid playing it in my local video shop

I have two versions of Revenge of Shinobi--the original version and version 1.02...though I didn't get 1.02 by choice.

Speedball81

Post by Speedball81 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:21 am

A few old Speccy games:

Splat! - awesome game
WEC Le Mans - this has the smoothest and speediest feel of any Spectrum driving game that I've played
Manic Miner
Robocop
Batman: The Movie - The Spectrum version of this game doesn't get mentioned much but I prefer it to the Amiga's

crusto

Post by crusto » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Its not strictly retro but is knocking on, im desperate to revisit age of empires 2 at the moment. The problem is that I dont have it anymore.

Eat your nans pants