So, who doesn't give a crap about Zelda?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

How do you feel about the Zelda series?

BEST GAMES EVARR!
30%
Good, but over-rated
16%
A mixed bag
20%
SNORE.
34%

Total votes: 116

nakamura

Re: So, who doesn't give a crap about Zelda?

Post by nakamura » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:18 pm

C=Style wrote:I understand about the bright and vibrant look of LttP and that's something I see in Skyward Sword too, and OoT 3D is vastly more colourful and vibrant to the murky N64 original. Sound quality wise, I don't think you will have any complaints, playing through a good set of headphones it's very good quality, in fact I'd forgotten how lovely the tunes are and just how many of them there are too.

Yeah, I think it would be a good time to play through Wind Waker before Skyward Sword, that's what I'm gonna be doing anyway. 8)
Still trying to get Wind Waker. It seems to be getting more expensive too, have to bite the bullet I think.

Skyward is looking lovely, much more appealing than TP for me. I just hope, as you know, they haven't got ott on the filtering effects. I would like a bright and vibrant looking adventure like WW>
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

sscott

Re: Do you get the ZELDA love?

Post by sscott » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:29 pm

snowkatt wrote:we can live with another zelda thread
No.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:30 pm

Okami is a great alternative too, you should definitely check that out Mozza if you haven't already.

Mozza

Post by Mozza » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I'll be giving Beyond Good & Evil a go for defo. Always wanted to play the others as well.
http://lee-morris.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... yprus.html - Some interesting stuff about Safe-houses in Resident Evil 4, Gameboy game trading, Emo fringes, parallel worlds in the Zelda series, prisons in games, gaming statistics.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Did we not already flog this topic to death????

No I don't and I personally think the 98% score is beyond a joke. I have often questioned some of the irrational scores RG have given games over the years but this just takes the p1ss. Hell I know the RG lot are Nintendo fanboys (for whatever reason and often to the detrement of an otherwise good magazine) but this is just quite honestly embaressing.
Last edited by The Laird on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:40 pm

Jagfest_UK wrote:Did we not already flog this topic to death????
Quit whining - it means we get to vote Zelda sucks for a second time. WIN! :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:25 pm

Jagfest_UK wrote:Did we not already flog this topic to death????

No I don't and I personally think the 98% score is beyond a joke. I have often questioned some if the irrational scores RG have given games over the years but this just takes the p1ss. Hell I know the RG lot are Nintendo fanboys (for whatever reason and often to the detrement of an otherwise good magazine) but this is just quite honestly embaressing.
Said it about Duke. Sayin it about Zelda.

Ignore the score
there just opinions on the game. If you dont like them dont read them

Mozza

Post by Mozza » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:37 pm

Objectively, I can't see how the game could be valued at less than 90 odd percent. You don't have to be a fanboy to see that.
http://lee-morris.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... yprus.html - Some interesting stuff about Safe-houses in Resident Evil 4, Gameboy game trading, Emo fringes, parallel worlds in the Zelda series, prisons in games, gaming statistics.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:42 pm

A 98% review score for what is effectively The Legend of Zelda: A New Link of Paint? Wow! :shock:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:42 pm

first play threw 90+
Second still 90
Third meh 70
Fourth EVEN LESS!
Now I get sick the moment I start playing.

its one of those games thats best the first time.

Still Zelda <3

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:46 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:A 98% review score for what is effectively The Legend of Zelda: A New Link of Paint? Wow! :shock:
Wait until they do Gyromite 3D and give that a perfect score :o

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:51 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:A 98% review score for what is effectively The Legend of Zelda: A New Link of Paint? Wow! :shock:
So just because it's been re-released, it somehow got worse and doesn't deserve the 98%? Regardless of what you think on the subject of re-releases, it doesn't effect the quality of the game.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:51 pm

Jagfest_UK wrote:
Wait until they do Gyromite 3D and give that a perfect score :o
:lol: With the way Nintendo are going with 3DS surely it's only a matter of time until they rehash this...

:mrgreen:

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Ocarina of Time is one of the greatest games ever made and it more than deserves the score I awarded it. You're just gonna have to deal with it I'm afraid. You wait until Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary gets reviewed...

Anyway it doesn't matter. The game's been reviewed, I'm not changing my opinion (you won't believe how come I came to giving it 100%) so I'll depart this thread and let you go back to your moaning. Honestly. Sometimes I think some of you don't even like videogames...

Budly Moore

Post by Budly Moore » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:Ocarina of Time is one of the greatest games ever made and it more than deserves the score I awarded it. You're just gonna have to deal with it I'm afraid. You wait until Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary gets reviewed...

Anyway it doesn't matter. The game's been reviewed, I'm not changing my opinion (you won't believe how come I came to giving it 100%) so I'll depart this thread and let you go back to your moaning. Honestly. Sometimes I think some of you don't even like videogames...
HELL YEAH!