Modern Warfare 3

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
RetroMartin
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by RetroMartin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:47 am

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:Anybody prestiged yet?
I did last week and am back to level 10 again, have gone back to BF3 for now due to the expansion coming out today with a load of nice new weapons so MW3 will only get a look in as I complete the campaign on veteran and get some of the trophies.
Image

PSN username - MartinPhantom

User avatar
sirclive1
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:57 am
Location: lancaster

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by sirclive1 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:37 am

RetroMartin wrote:When I play this with my two good mates we mic-up and then just mute everybody else so we don't give a crap, and just talk normally like we're on the telephone.

Avoids all the children who shouldn't have the game and rude chav-types who's English skills are more lacking then those with English as a second language.

Still enjoying it online, I'm 72 now so quite close to Prestige which is nice, still got a way to go on spec ops but I'm 59.2% complete!
Same here , me and a pal usually just private chat , but for some unknown reason yesterday in the middle of a game , it flicked onto game chat , now im no prude or against a bit of banter , but some guy (sounded over 18) was going absolutley mental , taking it way too seriously everytime he got killed - constantly shouting down the mic everyone mf's , c##ts etc , it was really disgusting , i muted him next chance i could , but is this the general behaviour on game chat as i dont listen to it usually .
Luxor the moonprince - Doomguard Slayer

User avatar
slacey1070
Posts: 2838
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:20 am

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by slacey1070 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:43 am

sirclive1 wrote:
RetroMartin wrote:When I play this with my two good mates we mic-up and then just mute everybody else so we don't give a crap, and just talk normally like we're on the telephone.

Avoids all the children who shouldn't have the game and rude chav-types who's English skills are more lacking then those with English as a second language.

Still enjoying it online, I'm 72 now so quite close to Prestige which is nice, still got a way to go on spec ops but I'm 59.2% complete!
Same here , me and a pal usually just private chat , but for some unknown reason yesterday in the middle of a game , it flicked onto game chat , now im no prude or against a bit of banter , but some guy (sounded over 18) was going absolutley mental , taking it way too seriously everytime he got killed - constantly shouting down the mic everyone mf's , c##ts etc , it was really disgusting , i muted him next chance i could , but is this the general behaviour on game chat as i dont listen to it usually .
That was pretty much my experience on CoD - I really can't explain why the same issue hasn't plagued BF3, BC2, etc (again, in my experience).

In fact, on BF3 the other night, two blokes were using the mics as they should be used, pointing out campers, enemy positions, etc - really does add to the experience no end.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

User avatar
Freestyler
Posts: 4150
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by Freestyler » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:21 pm

slacey1070 wrote:In fact, on BF3 the other night, two blokes were using the mics as they should be used, pointing out campers, enemy positions, etc - really does add to the experience no end.
This is genuinely what companies wanted when they introduced voice comms.
sirclive1 wrote:but some guy (sounded over 18) was going absolutley mental , taking it way too seriously everytime he got killed - constantly shouting down the mic everyone mf's , c##ts etc , it was really disgusting.
This is the actual reality of voice comms.

Viva la gamers! Never a disappointment. :|
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

User avatar
supermario
Posts: 624
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:15 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by supermario » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:44 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:Anybody prestiged yet?
I did today and up to level 12 already.

Am enjoying this one for multiplayer the most of the franchise so far !
Image

User avatar
HalcyonDaze00
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:21 pm

Just had some great games with THL.

Had to stop as i had horrible lag, as much as i love cod online its no fun when you are seconds behind the other players.....
Last edited by HalcyonDaze00 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dave300
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:29 am
Location: Leicester, UK.

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by Dave300 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:46 am

I Veteran'd the game yesterday. Not as tough as I thought but the last couple of battles when you're chasing after the bad guy were a real b**ch!!! Time to go through on easy level and censored the rest of the trophies :)
Image

User avatar
HalcyonDaze00
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:53 pm

only a few more hours until the influx of christmas noobs :) a great time to boost your stats.........

thl
Posts: 4427
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:52 am

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by thl » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:31 pm


User avatar
supermario
Posts: 624
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:15 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by supermario » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:44 am

The map is called "Morning Wood".......
Image

User avatar
RetroMartin
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by RetroMartin » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:30 pm

Sat down with it a couple weeks ago and fully finished the campaign on veteran and got all the intel and associated trophies.

Just need to play loads of spec ops and survival now!
Image

PSN username - MartinPhantom

User avatar
The Angry Jock
Posts: 4007
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:58 pm
Location: In about it

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by The Angry Jock » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:43 am

Spec Ops seems much more difficult in this game, me and my brother have 3-starred about half of them. The shooting range one's are outrageously tight.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

User avatar
supermario
Posts: 624
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:15 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by supermario » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:19 am

The Angry Jock wrote:Spec Ops seems much more difficult in this game, me and my brother have 3-starred about half of them. The shooting range one's are outrageously tight.
Glad you think that - I thought I was just being rubbish at them !
Image

User avatar
RetroMartin
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by RetroMartin » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:41 am

The Angry Jock wrote:Spec Ops seems much more difficult in this game, me and my brother have 3-starred about half of them. The shooting range one's are outrageously tight.
I've found them a little easier to be honest, I only have 3 of them to go now. I despised the over-use of Juggernauts in MW2 Spec Ops, made it fiendish without using some almost cheaty tactics like using a dead teammate to block the doors etc...
Image

PSN username - MartinPhantom

thl
Posts: 4427
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:52 am

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by thl » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:55 pm


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests