Modern Warfare 3

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

James A
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:34 am
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by James A » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:43 pm

The begining of the Hamburg mission is simply jaw dropping :D. Just finished the campaign and it all tied up nicely. Two years now to see what magic they can weave but more than likely the next one from Infinity Ward will be on the new Xbox

Ive said it before and ill say it again. even losing most of there important staff Infinity Ward have shamed Treyarch again. Playing MW3 and comparing it to Black Ops just shows how much they are dragging on IW tails. Cack Ops 2 next year, i think not.
Image

User avatar
sscott
Posts: 13153
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:26 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by sscott » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Having tremendous fun on this, the scale of it is just amazing! Just finished the subway section and thought it was brilliant, I heard its not a long single player game but will enjoy it while it lasts!
Image

User avatar
retrogarden
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:02 am
Location: Manchester (ex Colwyn Bay)
Contact:

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by retrogarden » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:59 am

Completed it last night, well worth it. Took me two days (on and off!)

Online mode is better this year. LOVE the Support Killstreaks, suits my style of play (kill two, die once) to the ground :)
Image
Image

User avatar
Freestyler
Posts: 4150
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by Freestyler » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:09 pm

TotalBiscuit's WTF of this apparently gave him some severe headaches and nausea. It was mostly to do with the horrible FoV on PC. I must say after watching his WTF Is of it fullscreen on my TV I felt quite ill too.

Has anyone else got the game on PC and could comment, or have they found themselves feeling a little queasy while playing on console? I want to try this game, but not if it's likely to make me hurl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tPNUhtOVLM
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

User avatar
Hitman_HalStep
Posts: 2291
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:21 pm
Location: so near and yet so far

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Freestyler wrote:Has anyone else got the game on PC and could comment, or have they found themselves feeling a little queasy while playing on console? I want to try this game, but not if it's likely to make me hurl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tPNUhtOVLM
as someone who felt queasy playing bad company and the bf3 demo i can say that the ps3 version of mw3 had no effect on me,i even played it for about 3hours straight at one point.
Image
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

User avatar
JetSetWilly
Posts: 9535
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:57 pm
Location: We Must Perform A Quirkafleeg!
Contact:

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Got this on launch day, but didnt get around to playing it properly until yesterday. Finished it in 4 hours 47 minutes on Regular, with about 18/19 pieces of intel. Glad I got to see how it all ended, and was quite satisfied. Also had a go of Survival, and got up to round 13, where it all went a bit t!ts up :lol: Had a bash at Spec Ops as well, and tried the one where you have to kidnap the Russian President on Veteran. Bit of a mistake that, as I gave up after about 8 attempts at only getting about 1/3 of the way through the plane and dying at the same place. Still, a solid game, I think, and will give the multiplayer a bash on Sunday.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

User avatar
boggyb68
Posts: 2194
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:56 am
Location: On the planet of the Wardrobe Monsters...

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by boggyb68 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:39 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:Got this on launch day, but didnt get around to playing it properly until yesterday. Finished it in 4 hours 47 minutes on Regular, with about 18/19 pieces of intel. Glad I got to see how it all ended, and was quite satisfied. Also had a go of Survival, and got up to round 13, where it all went a bit t!ts up :lol: Had a bash at Spec Ops as well, and tried the one where you have to kidnap the Russian President on Veteran. Bit of a mistake that, as I gave up after about 8 attempts at only getting about 1/3 of the way through the plane and dying at the same place. Still, a solid game, I think, and will give the multiplayer a bash on Sunday.
I should be on there on Sunday, Mike. Are you playing this on Xbox or PS3?

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

Image

User avatar
JetSetWilly
Posts: 9535
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:57 pm
Location: We Must Perform A Quirkafleeg!
Contact:

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:42 pm

boggyb68 wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:Got this on launch day, but didnt get around to playing it properly until yesterday. Finished it in 4 hours 47 minutes on Regular, with about 18/19 pieces of intel. Glad I got to see how it all ended, and was quite satisfied. Also had a go of Survival, and got up to round 13, where it all went a bit t!ts up :lol: Had a bash at Spec Ops as well, and tried the one where you have to kidnap the Russian President on Veteran. Bit of a mistake that, as I gave up after about 8 attempts at only getting about 1/3 of the way through the plane and dying at the same place. Still, a solid game, I think, and will give the multiplayer a bash on Sunday.
I should be on there on Sunday, Mike. Are you playing this on Xbox or PS3?

B.
360 all the way, my friend.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

thl
Posts: 4427
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:52 am

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by thl » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:30 am

Started playing the online multiplayer yesterday and I must say it improved a lot. Some very interesting point streaks including the Advance UAV, Strafe Runs and Assault Drone and it does take a while to get use to those new maps due to it's scale and structure. Plus it just a beginning for me and anyone who already started playing it.

User avatar
Freestyler
Posts: 4150
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by Freestyler » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:12 pm

Hitman_HalStep wrote:
Freestyler wrote:Has anyone else got the game on PC and could comment, or have they found themselves feeling a little queasy while playing on console? I want to try this game, but not if it's likely to make me hurl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tPNUhtOVLM
as someone who felt queasy playing bad company and the bf3 demo i can say that the ps3 version of mw3 had no effect on me,i even played it for about 3hours straight at one point.

Cool. That's good to know.

BTW: Seen this and DF3 in CeX already. Some people are crazy! :lol:
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

User avatar
RetroMartin
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by RetroMartin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:10 pm

I'm starting to dislike the online ever so slightly, its really nicely done but it feels like everybody is an expert at this game and I'm playing terribly. I physically can't do killstreaks so im stuck with the pointstreak packages (where I only like 3 or 4 of the options) and the one level I really like NEVER gets circulated on the bloody playlists :( I'm getting sick of the 3 maps I keep getting!
Image

PSN username - MartinPhantom

thl
Posts: 4427
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:52 am

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by thl » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:18 pm

RetroMartin wrote:I'm starting to dislike the online ever so slightly, its really nicely done but it feels like everybody is an expert at this game and I'm playing terribly. I physically can't do killstreaks so im stuck with the pointstreak packages (where I only like 3 or 4 of the options) and the one level I really like NEVER gets circulated on the bloody playlists :( I'm getting sick of the 3 maps I keep getting!
I noticed other players have already entered the first prestige and must have put lot of hours into the online multiplayer. Plus it's likely that they knew the those maps really well which gave them slight advantage of one another. If there's one thing that can be annoying is that random players STILL adapt to those cheap tactics by camping in the same spot. Either that or they can't be bothered to put creativity with their style of play.

User avatar
Joey
Posts: 3842
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:45 pm
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by Joey » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:41 am

RetroMartin wrote:I'm starting to dislike the online ever so slightly, its really nicely done but it feels like everybody is an expert at this game and I'm playing terribly. I physically can't do killstreaks so im stuck with the pointstreak packages (where I only like 3 or 4 of the options) and the one level I really like NEVER gets circulated on the bloody playlists :( I'm getting sick of the 3 maps I keep getting!
Are you just playing one game type? That can usually be a problem to why you are getting the same maps.

The support package does include offensive kill streaks such as the remote sentry and stealth bomber. It's easy to get both of these twice in the same match if you are playing something like domination.

Also, has anyone come across a Shipment/Rust/Nuketown style small map yet? I love playing those and haven't seen one.
Image

User avatar
crusto
Posts: 5586
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by crusto » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:53 am

Well, ive managed to resist temptation so far and tbf I dont really feel like im missing much. My CoD bubble has finally burst. Thank god.
Image

Eat your nans pants

User avatar
HalcyonDaze00
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Also, has anyone come across a Shipment/Rust/Nuketown style small map yet? I love playing those and haven't seen one.
Dome is the tiny map on MW3, its great fun and very chaotic like the above.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest