Modern Warfare 3

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

The Angry Jock

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by The Angry Jock » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:54 am

Battlefield 3 out in the US this morning, had a quick look on my FL and several people are playing it...they all say it exceeds expectations, I'm sad I have to wait 3 days :(
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:56 am

The Angry Jock wrote:Battlefield 3 out in the US this morning, had a quick look on my FL and several people are playing it...they all say it exceeds expectations, I'm sad I have to wait 3 days :(
I like that news . . .. :D
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:21 am

I finally managed to get back onto BC2 last night, after playing COD4 on Veteran for the last week I was worse than useless :lol:
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:34 pm

I liked the Modern Warfare single player modes so I am actually considering getting this (the Modern Warfare games are the only CoD games I've had much fun playing).

Have no intention of playing it online whatsoever though, outside of the Co-Op missions. The experiences I've had with MW and MW2 have put me right off.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

James A

Post by James A » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:53 pm

Most of the Battlefield reviews are saying the same thing, Single player Dire Online amazing. Theres also a pretty hefty texturing download for it. Looking at the comparisons done its runs like a PS2 game without it.

Toxie im the same. Hate COD online but love the story and spec ops missions.

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:38 pm

No interest in online either, will play story mode, I cannot put in the hours online to be good! Wouldn't want to either.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:46 pm

James A wrote:Most of the Battlefield reviews are saying the same thing, Single player Dire Online amazing. Theres also a pretty hefty texturing download for it. Looking at the comparisons done its runs like a PS2 game without it.

Only read the Eurogamer review so far (8/10)-seems SP mimics sorta stuff MW doing, rather than translating the BF exp.into a SP campain.

Can see why they've done this, MW sales would be something i'd be after if i was a developer/publisher, but pity we could'nt have had a SP campain to complement that of what MW3 is going to offer.

Know BF is focused on the MP side, just saddens me a little when game has to mould itself to what the competition is doing, rather than cut it's own path.

Times we live in i guess.

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:16 am

I remember when massive Triple A titles apparently took a minimum of 5 years to make. Good job they can get it down to just a year without a single drop in overall quality isn't it.
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:24 am

James A wrote:Most of the Battlefield reviews are saying the same thing, Single player Dire Online amazing. Theres also a pretty hefty texturing download for it. Looking at the comparisons done its runs like a PS2 game without it.

Apparently, its not a download, but included on the disc out of the box.

Yes, don't buy BF3 for the single player . . . in fact, I don't know why they bother with single player at all . .its not why 99% of people will buy it . . not even sure if I'll play it even though it should be on its way shortly.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:18 am

Freestyler wrote:I remember when massive Triple A titles apparently took a minimum of 5 years to make. Good job they can get it down to just a year without a single drop in overall quality isn't it.
COD has 2 year cycles does it not?

BF3 has also been in development since at least early last year.

The 1.5 GB BF3 HD textures are on the disk, there is also a 170MB patch to download.
Retropassion reborn

James A

Post by James A » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:40 am

EA shooting themselves in the foot again. Turns out the PS3 version dosen't have 1943 on it but to make up for it PS3 users get the DLC a week earlier :roll: . Made by geniuses marketed by muppets comes to mind

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:43 am

They're giving 1943 away for free?
Retropassion reborn

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:48 am

The Angry Jock wrote:They're giving 1943 away for free?
news to me . . . surprised if thats correct

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:50 am

quick google says . . . . yep - free with PS3 version.

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:18 am

Fook it, I've had my fill of that anyway, plus I'd be too busy on BF3 to care!
Retropassion reborn