Megadrive Collectors Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

XFile2708

Re: Megadrive Collectors Thread

Post by XFile2708 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:56 pm

jdanddiet wrote:This thread is unworthy until xfile2708 posts in it :D
haha thanks matey - can't believe we don't have an MD thread already :lol:

Here's my boxed game collection a few months ago (March) - im now upto 470 boxed PAL MD games - x65 left to get for a complete collection... 8)

There's loads im looking forward to getting on both Genesis and Jap MD once my PAL collection is complete - here's my wanted list so far (non-PAL):

Vapor Trail (Jap)
Circus Mystery 2 (Jap)
Yu Yu Hakusho (Jap)
Pulseman (Jap - £20-£40)
Raiden Trad (Jap)
Musha (Genesis)
Musha Aleste (Jap)
Magical Hat (Jap)
ViewPoint (Gen Shmup)
Twin Cobra (Gen)
Rolling Thunder 3 (Gen)
Eliminate Down
Contra: Hard Corps (Genesis)
Devilish (Genesis)
Dangerous Seed (Jap shmup)
Mystical Fighter (Gen)
MD Platinum and Gold Collection Games (AUS)

There's also the Aus PAL releases (the likes of Daze before Christmas, Fatal Fury 2 etc)... so lots more to come even after the PAL side of things is complete :D

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Tue May 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Wow that's an impressive number of games Marcus. Are they all CIB?

Doh of course they're boxed. I can see the cases :roll:

XFile2708

Post by XFile2708 » Tue May 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:Wow that's an impressive number of games Marcus. Are they all CIB?

Doh of course they're boxed. I can see the cases :roll:
lol yes they're all boxed matey :lol: around 80% are complete with manuals... and thats another exercise once the PAL collection is complete - hunting out the missing manuals :?

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Tue May 17, 2011 2:12 pm

XFile2708 wrote:lol yes they're all boxed matey :lol: around 80% are complete with manuals... and thats another exercise once the PAL collection is complete - hunting out the missing manuals :?
Don't forget most shops have CCTV these days Marcus :wink:
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

XFile2708

Post by XFile2708 » Tue May 17, 2011 2:51 pm

jdanddiet wrote:
XFile2708 wrote:lol yes they're all boxed matey :lol: around 80% are complete with manuals... and thats another exercise once the PAL collection is complete - hunting out the missing manuals :?
Don't forget most shops have CCTV these days Marcus :wink:
lol - watchout for me on Crimewatch :lol:

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Tue May 17, 2011 4:31 pm

@Xfile2708

Alphabetical - nice :D

I'm always too disorganised to put the collection in A-Z - and part of me wants to put all the same coloured next to one another.

XFile2708

Post by XFile2708 » Tue May 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Timothy Lumsden wrote:@Xfile2708

Alphabetical - nice :D

I'm always too disorganised to put the collection in A-Z - and part of me wants to put all the same coloured next to one another.
lol - yes all my games across all consoles are displayed in alphabetical order.. the OCD in me won't let me display them in any other way :lol:

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue May 17, 2011 6:09 pm

^ Same here, only I also group loose carts by shape and/or colour.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Tue May 17, 2011 7:37 pm

My turn!

Sonic (Japanese version), Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, Aladdin, VectorMan, The Lost World, Judge Dredd, Chiki Chiki Boys, Castlevania, Probotector, James Pond 3, Mystic Defender, Batman Returns, Jewel Master, Mickey Mania, Chuck Rock II, TaleSpin, Bonanza Bros., Tiny Toon Adventures...

Cool Spot, James Bond: The Duel, Revenge of Shinobi, Chuck Rock, Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, Alien3, ToeJam & Earl in Panic On Funkotron, World of Illusion, Asterix & The Great Rescue, Pinocchio, Bubsy, Bart's Nightmare, Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition, Talmit's Adventure, Taz in Escape From Mars, B.O.B., The Flintstones, Aaahh! Real Monsters...

Strider, Sonic & Knuckles, Bart Vs. The Space Mutants, Castle of Illusion, Jurassic Park, Marko's Magic Football, Bubsy (Bubsy II in the box), Ren & Stimpy, Decap Attack, Toy Story, Dynamite Headdy, Ristar, Rocket Knight Adventures, Global Gladiators, Taz-Mania, Toki, Phantom 2040, Sonic The Hedgehog 2...

Comix Zone, Shinobi III, Chakan, Magical Flying Hat Turbo Adventure, Wiz 'n' Liz, ToeJam & Earl, Legend of Galahad, Gunstar Heroes, Spider-Man, Sonic 3, James Pond II, McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure, The Adventures of Batman & Robin, Ghostbusters, Earnest Evans, Donald in Maui Mallard, Sonic 3D, Rolo to the Rescue...

Kid Chameleon, Ghouls 'N Ghosts, Earthworm Jim, Alisia Dragoon, Bubble & Squeak, The Lion King, The Addams Family, Sonic The Hedgehog, Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade, Earthworm Jim 2, Zool, Sonic Spinball, Batman, Micro Machines Turbo Tournament '96, Virtua Racing, Micro Machines, Micro Machines 2: Turbo Tournament, Road Rash II...

Combat Cars, OutRun 2019, Double Clutch, Street Racer, Mega Games 6, Classic Collection, Lemmings 2: The Tribes, Theme Park, Devil Crash MD, Mega Bomberman, Worms, Dragon's Revenge, General Chaos, Haunting Starring Polterguy, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Cannon Fodder, 688 Attack Sub, Lemmings...

Zoom!, Populous, Ball Jacks, Crue Ball, Zoop, Flicky, Marble Madness, Ms. Pac-Man, BlockOut, Psycho Pinball, Gauntlet IV, T2: The Arcade Game, Skeleton Krew, Bloodshot, Desert Strike, Altered Beast, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Cosmic Spacehead/Dizzy Double Pack...

Dungeons & Dragons, Rings of Power, Another World, Pier Solar, Puggsy, Ecco: The Tides of Time, Super Hydlide, Shadow of the Beast, The Immortal, The Story of Thor, Light Crusader, The Faery Tale Adventure, QuackShot, Phantasy Star II, Flashback, Landstalker, Ecco the Dolphin, Wonder Boy in Monster World...

Gods, Soleil, Cosmic Spacehead, Space Harrier II, Herzog Zwei, Zero Wing, Thunder Force II, Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair, Zombies, G-LOC: Air Battler, Battle Squadron, F-15 Strike Eagle, Burning Force, Sub Terrania, Thunder Force IV, Atomic Robo-Kid, Bio Hazard Battle, Zero Tolerance...

Empire of Steel, Urban Strike, Gynoug, Galaxy Force II, Arrow Flash, Hellfire, Jungle Strike, The Chaos Engine, Truxton, Mercs, Super Fantasy Zone, Granada, Ballz 3D, Eternal Champions, Fatal Fury, Pit-Fighter, Wrestle War, Alien Storm...

TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist, King of the Monsters, Virtua Fighter 2, Splatterhouse 2, Streets of Rage II, Mortal Kombat II, TMNT: Tournament Fighters, Captain America & The Avengers, Last Battle, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, ClayFighter, Power Rangers The Movie, Primal Rage, VR Troopers, California Games, Total Football, Premier Manager 97, NBA Live 95...

FIFA 95, FIFA 95 (pirate!), FIFA International Soccer (pirate!), FIFA International Soccer, World Cup Italia 90, World Cup USA 94, Menacer, Nomad, and the Genesis games that came with it - Phantasy Star IV, Beavis & Butt-Head, Art of Fighting, Revolution X, Shinobi III, Troy Aikman Football, The Lion King, Sub Terrania...

Mega CD and 32X games, just while I'm at it: Doom, Virtua Racing Deluxe, Batman Returns, Cobra Command/Sol-Feace, Earthworm Jim, Final Fight, Road Avenger, Sega Classics, Sonic CD, Time Gal, Tomcat Alley...

Current setup: Multimega with 32X and EverDrive flash cartridge thingy. Really hard to take pictures of black plastic, for some reason.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Thu May 19, 2011 9:27 am

@twoheadedboy

that's a beautiful collection - alway nice to look thru pics and see a title you've never seen before - there's a few there that are new to me.

Is Combat Cars fun?

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Thu May 19, 2011 11:38 am

@twoheadedboy

Nice collection :D

Hows the EverDrive flash cart? worth the cash?
im thinking of getting one soon just unsure if it will work with my modded machine, apparently some do & some dont...
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Thu May 19, 2011 1:02 pm

TheNewMonkey wrote:@twoheadedboy

Nice collection :D

Hows the EverDrive flash cart? worth the cash?
im thinking of getting one soon just unsure if it will work with my modded machine, apparently some do & some dont...
I know. It's made me dribble :P

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu May 19, 2011 4:17 pm

Must have around 50-70 MD games by now. I lose count, but have begun making a list of every game I own for reference. MegaCD is around 10-15 games, while I have around 15 32X games, not a bad achievement considering how much some of the 32X library goes for. Would love to own Knuckles Chaotix someday, but not willing to fork out the insane £100 prices it goes for. T.T
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

GameOverYeah

Post by GameOverYeah » Thu May 19, 2011 4:18 pm

I've got around 70 in total and it is definatly the console I enjoy the most collecting for. I think I'll definatly try and track down all the RPG's for it at some point. I have a few at the moment, I never realised there were so many until recently. Though I've got to say Piers Solar is a fantastic retro RPG, one of the best I've played.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Thu May 19, 2011 7:50 pm

Thanks for the comments there :D

The EverDrive's fantastic, there's only Virtua Racing that I haven't managed to get working so far. Plugged into the 32X, it'll also run 32X ROMs (PAL-only), except somehow I can't get Knuckles Chaotix to work. It does SMS games too!

Really nice to be able to play things like Sonic 1 Megamix and all heaps of otherwise unaffordable games (Twinkle Tale, Eliminate Down) on the actual hardware.

Combat Cars is alright, it's no Micro Machines and the weapons are really unbalanced, but it's good for a few minutes of fun. Not worth hunting for.

Rock & Roll Racing on the other hand is a game I'd REALLY like to get. Been playing a lot of it via the EverDrive and it's close to Micro Machines in terms of "Best 16-bit Racer Ever".
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.