Megadrive Collectors Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

witchfinder

Re: Megadrive Collectors Thread

Post by witchfinder » Sat May 14, 2011 10:54 pm

Timothy Lumsden wrote:"Twinkle Tale, Slap Fight, Divine Sealing, Eliminate Down and Gley Lancer"

Never heard of any of them - that's the great thing about this forum - new stuff always turning up. Though I think I'll wait until I find them for 50p each at the next carboot! :lol:
Hmm, I wish you luck with that - I don't think any of them were released outside Japan so the chances of them showing up on a boot sale are slim. That said, I did pick up a couple of boxed Jap MD games from a boot sale last year which I passed on to Filecore of these forums...
Neilos626 wrote:Glad to see so much megadrive love, it's underated
I don't think you can honestly say the MD is underrated! ;)
The 100k Challenge - 40 Arcade Classics. 2 MAME Cabs. 1 Average Gamer.
Mastertronic Chronicles - Mastertronic C64 Game Collecting and Reviews
My Youtube Channel (featuring Mastertronic, Funspot, REPLAY and more!)

ironmonger

Post by ironmonger » Sat May 14, 2011 11:18 pm

Anyone know much about Legend of Wukong? Is it worth buying? :?

norm7446

Post by norm7446 » Sun May 15, 2011 11:38 am

The SEGA MegaDrive. The penultimate 16bit Console.

Been collecting Mega Drive stuff, for nearly 10 years now. Not on any regular basis. Just picking up when I can afford it. As I've been more into the hardware than the games with my collection, that's not to say I've no games. Got to be boxed with all the internal packaging, leads + power supply's and still working. All boxes must be in tiptop condition as well, not new but close l. I will post some pics during the week once I've hunted them out of the dark cupboard where they usually reside. ( stay in a one bedroom flat with no room to have them on display. )

Boxed Console Stuff got.
1) MegaDrive Original with Sonic 1 pack in game.
2) MegaDrive2
3) Sega CD 2
4) 32X

Still wanting.
1) Sega CD 1
2) Mega CD
3) Nomad
then might start on Jap version's of all the above.
Rise from your Grave...

Neilos626

Post by Neilos626 » Sun May 15, 2011 12:42 pm

ironmonger wrote:Anyone know much about Legend of Wukong? Is it worth buying? :?
I've got Wukong, its decent, if not spectacular. Not worth paying the current ebay prices for when they do occasionally come up for sale.
Flux Capacitors wanted email MartyMcFly1985@greatscott.net

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Sun May 15, 2011 12:50 pm

like the nes.Has a lot of clones.sega songa anyone :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2h0TMAG ... re=related
Last edited by Fred83 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:02 pm

^ Don't forget the infamous Scorpion!

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Mon May 16, 2011 11:20 am

I have 3 of those plug and play MD things - got them carboot over the years - handy to play whilst away on holiday or at a mates and you dont want to lug a console about.

C0ward

Post by C0ward » Mon May 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Neilos626 wrote:
ironmonger wrote:Anyone know much about Legend of Wukong? Is it worth buying? :?
I've got Wukong, its decent, if not spectacular. Not worth paying the current ebay prices for when they do occasionally come up for sale.
The game is still available to buy on their website so you don't have to get it from ebay --

http://www.legendofwukong.com/purchase.htm

Don't have it myself, might get it later on.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Timothy Lumsden wrote:I have 3 of those plug and play MD things - got them carboot over the years - handy to play whilst away on holiday or at a mates and you dont want to lug a console about.
As long as they're not the Blaze ones! ;)

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Mon May 16, 2011 3:15 pm

Only just seen this and I'd really love to join in, got over 100 titles, and weird wireless controllers, joysticks and other stuff coming out of my ears for that beautiful black block of 16bit slap funk delights. My fav machine of all time :D

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Mon May 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:
Timothy Lumsden wrote:I have 3 of those plug and play MD things - got them carboot over the years - handy to play whilst away on holiday or at a mates and you dont want to lug a console about.
As long as they're not the Blaze ones! ;)
I did get bought the Blaze 'megadrive' as a present when it came out. It's not great, but works a bit. Was a big disappointment - especially on the region free front :x

ironmonger

Post by ironmonger » Mon May 16, 2011 7:07 pm

C0ward wrote:
Neilos626 wrote:
The game is still available to buy on their website so you don't have to get it from ebay --

http://www.legendofwukong.com/purchase.htm

Don't have it myself, might get it later on.
Yeah I saw it was still available on there, very tempted to pick up a copy! :)

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Tue May 17, 2011 7:58 am

found an old Megagames 2 whilst clearing up a cupboard - must have put it in there when I moved in - Golden Axe Streets of Rage and Revenge of Shinobi. A good bit of fun. (ponders: was this the cart I got free when I bought my original MD? Really can't remember...)

lavalyte

Post by lavalyte » Tue May 17, 2011 10:54 am

Megadrive is definitely my preferred collection.

I have about 300 games, mostly boxed, mainly european but some US and Japanese.
I've got most of the machines; european, US, Japanese, both models, mega cd 1 and 2, 32x, wondermega... I used to have far too many MDs once apon a time because it was hard to pass up a machine when I found on in the wild, but turns out I don't need 4 or 5 of the same model of MD. I have a 16 meg disk system for the MD, as well as the action replay carts, including the one for the mega CD.

Sadly, I don't see much MD stuff out and about these days.... I miss the time where I'd have a bunch of new carts every week.

I'd love slapfight, tetris and snow bros (particularly snow bros). But it's no fun just buying one off ebay. I'd rather find one out in the wild.
'I have nothing but the greatest respect for other peoples' crackpot beliefs' - Sam The Eagle.

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Tue May 17, 2011 12:05 pm

I agree with the above - buying from eBay is a joyless experience. Finding a game almost at random adds a bit of fun to the hobby