Megadrive Collectors Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Timothy Lumsden

Re: Megadrive Collectors Thread

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:42 am

Just picked up a copy of NBA jam with a completely different box to my other copy. Doesn't look like a budget re-release, just different packaging.

sirclive1

Post by sirclive1 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:15 pm

Timothy Lumsden wrote:Just picked up a copy of NBA jam with a completely different box to my other copy. Doesn't look like a budget re-release, just different packaging.

Is it black ? or blue ?
Luxor the moonprince - Doomguard Slayer

XFile2708

Post by XFile2708 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Timothy Lumsden wrote:Just picked up a copy of NBA jam with a completely different box to my other copy. Doesn't look like a budget re-release, just different packaging.
There was x2 versions - NBA Jam and NBA Jam TE 8)

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:42 pm

it is indeed TE - though the lettering on the box is tiny, so I didn't see it. Haven't had a play yet, but it looks more like an expanded edition than a sequel from the gumph on the back.

Also picked up a replacement super hang on at a car boot - my original cart broke a while back - though it wasn't a favourtire game anyway.

Neilos626

Post by Neilos626 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:35 pm

Picked up Brutal paws of fury and Pitfighter this week.

Finding it very hard to come across games I don't have now, not much turning up a carboots or on ebay except the usual chuff.
Flux Capacitors wanted email MartyMcFly1985@greatscott.net

Burglar

Post by Burglar » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:12 pm

Timothy Lumsden wrote:it is indeed TE - though the lettering on the box is tiny, so I didn't see it. Haven't had a play yet, but it looks more like an expanded edition than a sequel from the gumph on the back.

Also picked up a replacement super hang on at a car boot - my original cart broke a while back - though it wasn't a favourtire game anyway.

From memory, NBA Jam and the TE are pretty similar. Had the original aaaaggeeessss ago and for some reason sold it. Won TE in a competition at the local store along with a new Megadrive, t-shirt etc. The competition was who could score the most in the 1st quarter against the computer. If i recall correctly I used Detroit and scored 27 all through 3-pointers. Ahh, the memories...

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:12 am

my main problem with basketball games is that I don't really know the game, so I just tend to try one long shot after another :lol:

ulala

Post by ulala » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:50 am

hi,

sorry if this is the wrong tread (appropriate) but i need help pricing some of my Megadrive collection, can i post here or in another place?

ta

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:03 pm

ulala wrote:hi,

sorry if this is the wrong tread (appropriate) but i need help pricing some of my Megadrive collection, can i post here or in another place?

ta
If you are just curious as to what your collection is worth check out the completed listings on ebay, that should give you a rough idea of whats currently selling for what, Just ignore any sales that have had no bids usually the same game will have sold mulitle times and work out a rough average price.

Fortunatly for us gamers the vast majority of pal MD games can be picked up for peanuts, although as with any console there are the rare or desirable titles that regularly sell for a small fortune.

If you are wanting to sell then just stick em on an ebay auction listing, starting them at 99p a pop and just see what you get for em.
My trade/sale thread (Includes my feedback)

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=23510

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:28 pm

so, with my retro money for year almost gone, what are the cheapo sports games that are fun to play (as I often see these for a quid or so). Just got evander holyfield boxing - any other fun sports bargains that people can recommend?

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:51 pm

Seems my days of finding cheap 32X games maybe over, as I snapped up 4 PAL games (NBA, Space Harrier, NFL and Mortal Kombat II) for £30. Guess now I'll either have to hope I find pricey games like Knuckles Chaotix for peanuts, or hope the Genesis ones arnt too much, even though I have no means to play em, yet....
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

errolwd40

Post by errolwd40 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:31 pm

I have just picked up turtles hyperstone heist for £8 in a games shop in Dover. Played it for 10 mins and must say it has aged really well, similar to streets of rage but with turtles. :)

llj

Post by llj » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Timothy Lumsden wrote:my main problem with basketball games is that I don't really know the game, so I just tend to try one long shot after another :lol:

In NBA Jam that is no problem since it doesn't follow any rule rules. But I would say that playing with a friend is great, having one player cut to the basket while the other passes to him is the easiest way to score guaranteed points unimpeded...unless they blow the dunk. :x

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:57 pm

Timothy Lumsden wrote:so, with my retro money for year almost gone, what are the cheapo sports games that are fun to play (as I often see these for a quid or so). Just got evander holyfield boxing - any other fun sports bargains that people can recommend?
If you are into your football, Fever Pitch Soccer is usually cheap

David Robertson Basketball isnt bad

Joe Montana's II Sports Talk Football is actually better than Madden to me anyway

Speedball 2 is a decent conversion

Olympic Gold is a decent button masher

Summer/Winter Challenge are pretty good as well Though I think Winter Challenge is better
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:47 am

RMLF wrote:
Timothy Lumsden wrote:so, with my retro money for year almost gone, what are the cheapo sports games that are fun to play (as I often see these for a quid or so). Just got evander holyfield boxing - any other fun sports bargains that people can recommend?
If you are into your football, Fever Pitch Soccer is usually cheap

David Robertson Basketball isnt bad

Joe Montana's II Sports Talk Football is actually better than Madden to me anyway

Speedball 2 is a decent conversion

Olympic Gold is a decent button masher

Summer/Winter Challenge are pretty good as well Though I think Winter Challenge is better
yer,I was thinking of getting some winter gaming thing - and as Speedball 2 only ever crashed my iPhone :evil: that's another good call. I always think exaggerated versions of any sport are more fun than simulations - but that's just my perspective as generally non-sporting person.