Megadrive Collectors Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Gamersparadise

Re: Megadrive Collectors Thread

Post by Gamersparadise » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:30 am

Actually all MD/Genesis Konami Games are quite rare and expensive now, mostly because Konami started quite late to release games for MD/Genesis - at the end of the lifeline of our beloved MD/Genesis.

Only Turtles Mutant Fighters seems common and shows up more often then other Konami games.

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:25 am

Gamersparadise wrote:Actually all MD/Genesis Konami Games are quite rare and expensive now, mostly because Konami started quite late to release games for MD/Genesis - at the end of the lifeline of our beloved MD/Genesis.

Only Turtles Mutant Fighters seems common and shows up more often then other Konami games.
Here's a list of Konami MD Games

Istr International Superstar Soccer Deluxe, Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs we pretty much bog standard a few years ago. Not kept up with MD prices recently so have no idea if they've crept up
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:56 am

I enjoyed the Tiny Toon games - but now you mention it - Konami prices are a little above where they used to be.

paul2010

Post by paul2010 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:21 pm

I bought a Mega Drive last year and have so far collected 20-odd games.

The most recent games I've bought are Panorama Cotton for £110 and Tom and Jerry for £60 and I've calmed down lately (had 2-3 months of not buying anything).

I was well pleased to get hold of Panorama Cotton (only around 5000 copies exist, apparently).

Tom and Jerry's a nice platform game but being Japanese again, it requires the import adapter to play it.

Other games I own include Streets of Rage 3, Sonic 3, Paperboy 2, Legend of Galahad, International Superstar Soccer Deluxe, Rampart, Phelios, Robocop vs Terminator, The New Zealand Story, Fatal Fury 2 and Art of Fighting.

WildWillyWilson

Post by WildWillyWilson » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:52 pm

This would have been the crown jewel in my collection but just been outbid and there comes a time when you need to walk away!

One day..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0845639638

Evilhead

Post by Evilhead » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:19 am

$900!? Plus $100 shipping?! That's nuts. I'm so glad I got mine (see previous page) for around $80. Not boxed, but damn.
The Wondermega is a truly awesome machine though. Makes playing any Megadrive or Mega-CD game a pure joy.

That's it, I'm going to start buying every Wondermega I see for around $100 loose and around $200 boxed and sell them all on eBay.

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:23 am

curious to see what it looks like - anyone post some screens/box art for Panorama Cotton? :D

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:49 am

I occasionally like topping up my collection, mostly with games that I lost or sold years ago. I absolutely loved this console. Favourites are:

Micro Machines 2/'96 - great multiplayer games which are still good today
Another World - I guess it's more associated with the Amiga but the MD port is very good
World of Illusion - nice little co-op game, very quirky and charming
Sensible Soccer Euro Edition - the best footy game on the platform
Spider-Man vs Kingpin - great game despite the brutally hard final boss
Sonic 3 & Knuckles - epic and better than Sonic 2, in my opinion
Aladdin - one of the best platformers, and not just for a movie tie-in
Earthworm Jim - madness
Pete Sampras Tennis - still better than most tennis/sports games being made these days
CheDonJohn's Sale/Trade/Wanted/Giveaway thread

PSN ID, XBL Gamertag and Steam: CheDonJohn
Playfire profile

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:42 pm

So, what are people's top two or three 'wants' for their collection?

XFile2708

Post by XFile2708 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Timothy Lumsden wrote:So, what are people's top two or three 'wants' for their collection?
With going for the full collection - mine are x3 of the expensive ones which im yet to acquire... :lol:

Mega Man - Wily Wars
Death and Return of Superman
The Punisher

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:24 pm

XFile2708 wrote:
Timothy Lumsden wrote:So, what are people's top two or three 'wants' for their collection?
With going for the full collection - mine are x3 of the expensive ones which im yet to acquire... :lol:

Mega Man - Wily Wars
The Punisher
How much does The Punisher usually go for now? Its on my wants list with Saturday Night Slam Masters for my Capcom collection. Thankfully I got my copies of WW while the prices were comparatively cheap!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

XFile2708

Post by XFile2708 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:27 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
XFile2708 wrote:

Mega Man - Wily Wars
The Punisher
How much does The Punisher usually go for now? Its on my wants list with Saturday Night Slam Masters for my Capcom collection. Thankfully I got my copies of WW while the prices were comparatively cheap!
Anything between £90 and £130 complete at the moment.. :?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Damn :shock: OK, now I really am kicking myself for not picking it up when I saw it in the shops for £20 back in the day :cry:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:37 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
XFile2708 wrote:

Mega Man - Wily Wars
The Punisher
Ive seen it go for around the £75 mark, but that was a while ago, I'm a bit out of the MD collecting loop as I've picked up so much from car boot sales over the years and I'm in no rush, I figure its only a matter of time before I source everything I want (pal wise) from there.

I also want the punisher but I only need the cart. A few years ago I bought a massive box of MD games at a car boot sale for a couple of quid. I didn't check to see if they had their manuals as it was so cheap I just snapped it up. It had a few of the rarer games including SOR3 (just the bare cart) and the punisher but unfortunatly the punisher was missing the cart but the insert and manual are in excellent condition, so still hunting. At least a bare cart will cost a fraction of the price of a complete copy.
My trade/sale thread (Includes my feedback)

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=23510

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:41 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
XFile2708 wrote:

Mega Man - Wily Wars
The Punisher
Just checked ebay and a the punisher has recently sold complete for £35 BIN looked to be in really nice condition too.
My trade/sale thread (Includes my feedback)

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=23510