The 8-bit GAME COMPARISON Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
felgekarp
Posts: 9350
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 11:47 am
Location: Earth 3

Post by felgekarp » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:24 am

Emperor Fossil wrote:I'd assume it doesn't, as there'd be no reason to.
I'm still going to play it, you've got me in the mood now :D
Splink!

User avatar
Emperor Fossil
Posts: 1705
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Already rockin the Christmas cap, WOOOOH!

Post by Emperor Fossil » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:31 am

:) Fair enough. Good luck!!!

User avatar
felgekarp
Posts: 9350
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 11:47 am
Location: Earth 3

Post by felgekarp » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:02 am

Emperor Fossil wrote::) Fair enough. Good luck!!!
I know I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for those invisible bullets :D
Splink!

User avatar
paranoid marvin
Posts: 14272
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:28 pm
Location: 21st Century Earth

Post by paranoid marvin » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:00 pm

Re Amstrad colours - perhaps we should just compare the green-screen version?

:wink:
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

User avatar
ivarf
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:08 am
Location: Norway

Post by ivarf » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:33 pm

LOL, they would then all look like the green Atari 8-bit Gauntlet picture (in this tread) :lol:

emkay
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 5:22 am

Post by emkay » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:22 am

Opa-Opa wrote:Surely all versions of DotC were rubbish on the 8-bits..?
It's an 16-bit/Amiga game...

Just a thought

Really, do you think it really did take use of 16 bit computer advantages, except the resolution?

Well, there is ONE 8 bit computer from the 70's-erly 80's that could have done even better with that game than the tested ones :oops:

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Post by SirClive » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:16 am

And again we need to pull this thread back on track. It is for comparing 8 bit games, not for discussing hypothetical versions or for technical debates on machines.

For gods sake guys this thread was supposed to be fun!
Image

User avatar
TMR
Posts: 5756
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:56 am
Location: Leeds, U.K.
Contact:

Post by TMR » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:39 am

Tell you what, i tried comparing all the versions of Defender Of The Crown and that Atari 8-bit one is crap, there's no playability at all there! [Smiles sweetly at SirClive - is that better? =-]

User avatar
RocketRanger
Posts: 406
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:32 am

Post by RocketRanger » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:15 am

SirClive wrote:And again we need to pull this thread back on track. It is for comparing 8 bit games, not for discussing hypothetical versions or for technical debates on machines.

For gods sake guys this thread was supposed to be fun!
Image

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Post by SirClive » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:20 am

Thats more like it! Life's too short to give a censored about palettes.
Image

User avatar
batman877
Posts: 1577
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:53 am
Location: Derbyshire

Post by batman877 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:32 am

Perhaps it's time for one of the moderators to do some housekeeping on this thread. Delete the mindless banter and just keep the comparisons...

User avatar
RocketRanger
Posts: 406
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:32 am

Post by RocketRanger » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:00 am

batman877 wrote:Perhaps it's time for one of the moderators to do some housekeeping on this thread. Delete the mindless banter and just keep the comparisons...
Fascist! ;-)

User avatar
CraigGrannell
Posts: 4734
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:15 am
Contact:

Post by CraigGrannell » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:38 am

That's the plan from this point on. Axe-grinding will now be deleted without warning. (However, some discussion on the comparisons is a good thing, I think.)
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

User avatar
Emperor Fossil
Posts: 1705
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Already rockin the Christmas cap, WOOOOH!

Post by Emperor Fossil » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:11 am

CraigGrannell wrote:That's the plan from this point on. Axe-grinding will now be deleted without warning. (However, some discussion on the comparisons is a good thing, I think.)
So did everyone run away after this, or has every post since has been axe-grinding and hence deleted?:)

User avatar
TMR
Posts: 5756
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:56 am
Location: Leeds, U.K.
Contact:

Post by TMR » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:56 am

Emperor Fossil wrote:
CraigGrannell wrote:That's the plan from this point on. Axe-grinding will now be deleted without warning. (However, some discussion on the comparisons is a good thing, I think.)
So did everyone run away after this, or has every post since has been axe-grinding and hence deleted?:)
i noticed that some axe grinding was deleted but, if we're being honest about this thread, it's rather hard for even the legitimate comparison posts to not have at least a little bit of steel on stone action...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest