Man. I want a SNES again.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

FatTrucker

Re: Man. I want a SNES again.

Post by FatTrucker » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:29 am

Liamh1982 wrote:From what Darran and Craig say, I'd imagine the RG office is more a behemoth PC with a hard drive the size of a small moon, with every emulator and ROM under the sun, and every socket plugged with all possible control methods.
Yeah Darrans brilliant with emulators. :lol:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:15 pm

FatTrucker wrote:
Liamh1982 wrote:From what Darran and Craig say, I'd imagine the RG office is more a behemoth PC with a hard drive the size of a small moon, with every emulator and ROM under the sun, and every socket plugged with all possible control methods.
Yeah Darrans brilliant with emulators. :lol:
Guess how many fingers I'm holding up at you right now :D

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:51 pm

I wouldn't know—I've never set foot in Retro Gamer Towers.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

Romulous

Post by Romulous » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:25 am

theantmeister wrote:Everything SNES related is expensive these days *sigh*

Finding a cheap console is just the start of the problem. Unless you get a Wildcard you're going to burn through a lot of cash to build up a decent collection. Although I have noticed Super Famicom games are generaly much cheaper.
Perhaps I should rephrase that, I have 2 SNES, one boxed and a wildcard, can't remember which one though!
Failure isn't about falling down, failure is staying down.

Romulous

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:45 am

:oops: Doh.To think i gave mine away FREE to someone who buggered off here soon after.

ZXSabreman

Post by ZXSabreman » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:56 am

Go the modded original xbox route I did and love it, all those games to play but so little time, the only downside is using an Xbox pad but you do get used to it, besides the US Snes is pig ugly to many straigh lines and corners plus the purple colour. The Pal/Jap snes/famicom are far better looking lumps of gaming goodness.
Granted you can't beat having the original console/carts but once your playing the game who cares what it's played on, my vote is firmly in the flashed original Xbox corner plus it will open a whole lot of other doors for other retro systems 8)
I had a US Snes back in the day with a 16meg Wild Card and know what i would prefer having now, it's that big ugly Xbox sat ontop of my Subwoofer with about thirty thousand games on the harddrive, it's simply a retro gamers paradise imo :wink:
"Time fades even legend..."

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:33 pm

Been playing on the Xbox today and it's just not the same. You put no effort into the games due to having so many to play, the filters aren't very nice and the pad is censored to use.

I was planning this route, but after playing on Nakamura's SNES the other night, I'm going back to the original deal.

famicom69

Post by famicom69 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:46 pm

How do you guys store loose SNES carts? There are dust covers on ebay, but they appear to fit NTSC carts only.

guv859

Post by guv859 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:27 pm

famicom69 wrote:How do you guys store loose SNES carts? There are dust covers on ebay, but they appear to fit NTSC carts only.
I've heard of people using VHS video and audio cassette storage boxes and shelf units. Not sure which is the closest fit, but they should be pretty cheap in charity shops and car boot sales. I know I'll be looking that way when I start to collect more loose carts.
Bye

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:31 pm

You can only properly play SNES games using a SNES pad
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"