Lego Games

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sir Hilary Bray

Re: Lego Games

Post by Sir Hilary Bray » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:41 am

Lego James Bond 8)

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:44 am

A LEGO version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would be great. I know Mega Bloks are the ones who're making TMNT sets at the moment, but then, they USED to do Pirates of the Caribbean, which LEGO now do.

Oh, and Ghostbusters would be the best thing possible. They could even include characters from Ghostbusters Extreme.
Maybe they'll make one to tie in with the (unfortunately) upcoming Ghostbusters 3?
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Crunchy

Post by Crunchy » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:51 am

Sir Hilary Bray wrote:Lego James Bond 8)
Very cool. Another buy from me right there.

I have to say, Lego Ghostbusters sounds absolutely pish. I'm not understanding this Ghostbusters love at all. Whatever next, Lego Worzel Gummidge? Good grief.

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:48 pm

I'll definitely go with the Lego Dr. Who. Especially if they incorporate all the Lore and Doctors into it. That'd be ACE.

Maybe feature a special Kinect mode where if you physically look away from the screen (while playing a Weeping Angels level) they move towards your character to kill him! :lol:
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

lanky316

Post by lanky316 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:06 am

Freestyler wrote:
alistair_thomas wrote:I'm still holding out for Lego ghostbusters, although I'm not sure how you would find 100 or so characters to fill the roster.
They would definitely plumb the superb Real Ghostbusters cartoon there I think. That had quite a few baddies in it every week. :lol:
Plus it had the fantastic voice talent of Frank Welker: He of Ray Stanz, Slimer, Fred and Scooby in Scooby Doo, Doctor Claw in Inspector Gadget, Megatron, Soundwave, and of course GARFIELD! :lol:
Incidentally I once heard that Frank Welker is the highest grossing actor in the world if you added up the grosses of every film he's been in. He does so many animal vocals that he's not credited for I'm sure there's thousands of films.

Another one for Ghostbusters as a possible, I can see how that one would work. Dr Who sounds interesting but not sure how it'd work. With the exception of Ace battering a Dalek with a baseball bat there's not an awful lot of hand to hand, mind you nothing to stop you firing sonic screwdrivers ala Ghostbusters guns...

joefish

Post by joefish » Sun May 01, 2011 11:30 am

Joey wrote:My fave Lego game is the Lego Universe MMO. The free build mode on that is quite deep and the missions are mostly fun.
Have you been up to the Starbase and down to Jadeoria yet? Those mushroom houses, the pink snails and most of the slugs are all mine ;-)

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Sun May 01, 2011 11:50 am

I guess with Ghostbusters you could have a potential 16 characters right from the word go - black and tan movie uniform, real ghostbusters coloured uniforms and the spooky citizen ghost episode uniforms.

Crunchy

Post by Crunchy » Sun May 01, 2011 5:52 pm

lanky316 wrote:Another one for Ghostbusters as a possible, I can see how that one would work. Dr Who sounds interesting but not sure how it'd work. With the exception of Ace battering a Dalek with a baseball bat there's not an awful lot of hand to hand, mind you nothing to stop you firing sonic screwdrivers ala Ghostbusters guns...
Ghostbusters isn't exactly renowned for its hand to hand combat either. Neither is Harry Potter but that didn't stop a decent Lego game being made out of the franchise.

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Mon May 02, 2011 4:12 pm

Crunchy wrote:
lanky316 wrote:Another one for Ghostbusters as a possible, I can see how that one would work. Dr Who sounds interesting but not sure how it'd work. With the exception of Ace battering a Dalek with a baseball bat there's not an awful lot of hand to hand, mind you nothing to stop you firing sonic screwdrivers ala Ghostbusters guns...
Ghostbusters isn't exactly renowned for its hand to hand combat either. Neither is Harry Potter but that didn't stop a decent Lego game being made out of the franchise.
All these Lego properties are swiftly reminding me of the habit of turning every single 90's Movie license into a shoddy platform game, whatever the actual license.
Now, instead of getting LJN or Acclaim to make cashin platformers they get Traveller's Tales to make it into Lego.

Lego Twilight anyone? There's already a petition for it! :roll:
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Crunchy

Post by Crunchy » Mon May 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Freestyler wrote:Lego Twilight anyone? There's already a petition for it! :roll:
I'll be passing on Lego Twilight if it gets a release.
Lego Harry Potter is as low as I go.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:20 pm

Talk about missing the obvious, Lego Simpsons? Loads of characters, and they're yellow! (I'm sorry but flesh-coloured Lego people don't look right.)

Lego Twilight? They won't get the vampire bloke (dunno his name cos I DON'T CARE) right, he's weird looking...

Sixteen Plus

Post by Sixteen Plus » Tue May 03, 2011 8:37 am

Liamh1982 wrote:Talk about missing the obvious, Lego Simpsons? Loads of characters, and they're yellow! (I'm sorry but flesh-coloured Lego people don't look right.)
Of course, I'd play that :lol:

lanky316

Post by lanky316 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:50 am

Crunchy wrote:
I'd realised that half way through my post when brainstorming and thinking up alternatives and forgot to tidy the post up :oops:

dste

Post by dste » Tue May 03, 2011 11:14 am

lanky316 wrote:Dr Who sounds interesting but not sure how it'd work. With the exception of Ace battering a Dalek with a baseball bat there's not an awful lot of hand to hand, mind you nothing to stop you firing sonic screwdrivers ala Ghostbusters guns...
A Doctor Who one would be great. Obviously you have the various incarnations of the Doctor and the Master, the companions, other time lords like Rani and Romana, River Song who likes her weapons, Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans, Silurians.

The list could go on for ages and who wouldn't want to see a Lego Bernard Cribbins shooting a Dalek. :lol:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Joey

Post by Joey » Tue May 03, 2011 11:58 am

joefish wrote:
Joey wrote:My fave Lego game is the Lego Universe MMO. The free build mode on that is quite deep and the missions are mostly fun.
Have you been up to the Starbase and down to Jadeoria yet? Those mushroom houses, the pink snails and most of the slugs are all mine ;-)
To be honest ive not been on since my sub lapsed about 2 months ago.

Too many games, too little time!