Lego Games

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sixteen Plus

Re: Lego Games

Post by Sixteen Plus » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:33 pm

How about lego'ing up a few old classic games? 8)

Lego Streetfighter and Lego Double Dragon. 1 kick and you or they are down. Would work better with Karate Champ.
Lego Paperboy. Those newspapers could demolish houses.
Lego Rampage. Enough said.
Lego Breakout or Lego Tetris? Mmmm, seems just like the usual Breakout and Tetris to me.
Lego Pac-Man. A bit too hard to swallow too tbh.

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:56 am

Lego Halo.

The toys are actually quite brilliant in fact. I think they're MegaBloks though, so they must own the License?
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:02 am

Strange that MegaBloks set up shop in my neck of the woods, cos where does Lego UK happen to be?

andyc

Post by andyc » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:12 am

Freestyler wrote: The toys are actually quite brilliant in fact. I think they're MegaBloks though, so they must own the License?
Yep, Lego deemed Halo to be too militaristic and so not really appropriate. Shame because TLG generally do a much better job than Megabloks at capturing the spiritof a license. Lego PotC stuff, for example, is streets ahead of the rather shoddy models MB previously did.

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:19 am

You've got to play Legoland 2 on the Gameboy Advance, it will brighten your day up. It's a happy little game I've been playing on my modded XBox.

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:46 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:Strange that MegaBloks set up shop in my neck of the woods, cos where does Lego UK happen to be?
I'm not 100% on it but I'm sure Lego tried to sue MegaBloks but got slapped down.

I think they lost on copyright because the Judge said the blocks couldn't be trademarked because they're components for items rather than actual items. I suppose like ice-lolly sticks can't be trademarked but the actual ice-lolly itself can be.

Bet they must be screaming up at Lego HQ. I would be.
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:39 am

I'm hoping for a Lord Of The Rings lego game after the Pirates Of The Carribean. I think they've exhausted all the others.. a new batman could be cool.. a lego version of Arkham Asylum perhaps?

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:17 am

I'm still holding out for Lego ghostbusters, although I'm not sure how you would find 100 or so characters to fill the roster.

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:01 am

alistair_thomas wrote:I'm still holding out for Lego ghostbusters, although I'm not sure how you would find 100 or so characters to fill the roster.
They would definitely plumb the superb Real Ghostbusters cartoon there I think. That had quite a few baddies in it every week. :lol:
Plus it had the fantastic voice talent of Frank Welker: He of Ray Stanz, Slimer, Fred and Scooby in Scooby Doo, Doctor Claw in Inspector Gadget, Megatron, Soundwave, and of course GARFIELD! :lol:

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:00 am

^ I know Frank Welker does Garfield now (and you forgot Nibbler in Futurama BTW), but wasn't Lorenzo Music (Peter Venkman) the voice of Garfield in the Film Roman cartoons in the 80s and 90s?

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:28 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:^ I know Frank Welker does Garfield now (and you forgot Nibbler in Futurama BTW), but wasn't Lorenzo Music (Peter Venkman) the voice of Garfield in the Film Roman cartoons in the 80s and 90s?

Yes indeed, absolutely correct. His voice was really similar as well so it's a fluff on my part. :lol:

Joey

Post by Joey » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Freestyler wrote:Doctor Claw in Inspector Gadget
I'll get you Gadget..... Next tiiiiiiiime

merman

Post by merman » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:37 am

alistair_thomas wrote:I'm still holding out for Lego ghostbusters, although I'm not sure how you would find 100 or so characters to fill the roster.
I've been thinking about this a lot, there are a fair few characters in there and as Freestyler says, a game that covered the two films and the Real Ghostbusters cartoon would give you more. And I've been thinking about the actual mechanics too, so if Travellers Tales want to see my design document...

Lego South Park might be kick-ass too!
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Crunchy

Post by Crunchy » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:40 am

Gotta be Lego Dr Who really.

Loads of characters. Instant by from me. Lego daleks. It smells of win.