Who has Crysis2 (Xbox 360)

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

GunstarHero

Who has Crysis2 (Xbox 360)

Post by GunstarHero » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:21 am

Is it worth it? Thinking of buying it but think that like with Halo Reach I will just complete it once and it will end up just sitting there.

James A

Re: Who has Crysis2 (Xbox 360)

Post by James A » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:01 am

I have it but the only reason i got it was that i had £20 on a HMV voucher.

TBH id wait a few weeks till it goes half price. Single players o.k so far but nothing spectacular although a couple of people have told me it takes a while to get going. Musics very good though (Hans Zimmer delivers yet again)

Online is what ive played most so far. Its good but the unlocking of items and game modes makes it increadibly unfair and unbalanced. Until you get to Lvl 10 you will get slaughtered. I had to put it on the beginers mode which limits it to players below level 10 it was that bad.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:31 am

Is it better than the first one? I really enjoyed the jungle parts of Crysis, but the second half of the game was terrible.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:47 am

I'm really into it actually. I'm growing into the nano suit and it's powers now and it's causing me to approach the levels in different ways. It's good that the game allows me to do so. Stealth, armour, different paths and weapon combos, suit upgrades etc. The suits tactical visor reveals all options within the levels. The graphics are lovely, the sound is excellent, the AI is reasonably intelligent. It's reminds me of a halo/black ops/crackdown hybrid and it is way better than the damp squib that is home front. It's a cracking FPS with a good multi player. If you like these games then this is a cracker.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Family Fry

Post by Family Fry » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:08 am

GunstarHero wrote:Is it worth it? Thinking of buying it but think that like with Halo Reach I will just complete it once and it will end up just sitting there.
Just play it, enjoy it then sell/trade/bin it. Keeping only what you will play and enjoy online via MP.
It's an incredible looking game on the consoles, lot larger and open than it first appears. You can take the direct action approach or go around stealthily, with different tactical advantages to both and different areas to explore.
I have only played little over 2 hours and have been impressed by the pace so far, intro is :shock:. It is introducing suit upgrades to in Single Player quite nicely as you play, story seems to be ok nothing great, being told to go here and do that for some dude, killing plenty in the middle.
Multi player is ok, plays bit like CoD with a heavy run and gun style, although as said once you get to level 10 you can compete comfortably and the suit attributes like stealth and armour help change the flow a bit.
I bought it full price and feel it's worth it, although when I'm done I will get some of my money back for it, will be traded/sold.
Pay £35, sell it for £20 meaning you realistically only pay £15 for it in the end, works for me :)

GunstarHero

Post by GunstarHero » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Sounds pretty good. Just been playing Far Cry 2 this afternoon as I couldn't really get into it when I first got it and thought I'd give it another go. Had quite a bit of fun with it today despite some annoying flaws in the game design.

Think I will play some more of this and try and finally finish FEAR 1+2 before getting Crysis 2, although I get the feeling I will end up buying it before this knowing me :D

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:04 pm

I've just completed the single player campaign and was blown away by it. Strange how some people love it and others think it's average. It also has some serious eye candy going on, like technically better than any of the PS3 exclusives, I swear at some points in the game my jaw literally dropped.

But ultimately we know this is all icing on the cake, the gameplay is what's important and I feel it's got tight controls, great selection of weapons and suit upgrades. Not sure what the online multiplayer is like but I hear it's very good, gonna get stuck into that very soon. Put simply it's one of the best FPS I've played.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:22 pm

Hows the A.I in hold up in SP campain? ( I have zero intrest in taking it online-My gaming collection got more than enough 'Running with a gun' types as is).

Friend of mine has it on 360, said he'd noticed points where it was almost as bad as early FPS days:2 guards next to each other, take out 1, the other just carries on oblivous.

With the processing power avaiable on PS3/360, surely decent A.I in a FPS is'nt too much too ask for? Or is it case of marketing cannot use decent A.I to sell a game, but cutting edge visuals are gods gift to them?

Anywho, i digress.Hearing mixed things about SP, as it stands thinking this is perfect weekend rental or buy few months on fodder for myself.Own Reach, KZ3, Black Ops did'nt really grab me, so not in any real rush to buy another FPS just yet.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:45 am

GunstarHero wrote:Sounds pretty good. Just been playing Far Cry 2 this afternoon as I couldn't really get into it when I first got it and thought I'd give it another go. Had quite a bit of fun with it today despite some annoying flaws in the game design.

Think I will play some more of this and try and finally finish FEAR 1+2 before getting Crysis 2, although I get the feeling I will end up buying it before this knowing me :D
Funny you say that, Far Cry 2 never really grabbed me - great music & some good ideas, but driving backwards & forwards across the map just got pain annoying.

Although having read this, I might have to re-visit . . . .
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

Raziel

Post by Raziel » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:02 am

thevulture wrote:Hows the A.I in hold up in SP campain? ( I have zero intrest in taking it online-My gaming collection got more than enough 'Running with a gun' types as is).

Friend of mine has it on 360, said he'd noticed points where it was almost as bad as early FPS days:2 guards next to each other, take out 1, the other just carries on oblivous.

Anywho, i digress.Hearing mixed things about SP, as it stands thinking this is perfect weekend rental or buy few months on fodder for myself.Own Reach, KZ3, Black Ops did'nt really grab me, so not in any real rush to buy another FPS just yet.
There were the odd occasions where I noticed the odd soldier or alien seem oblivious but other than that it was pretty solid throughout; Cell operate quite differently to the Aliens.

I found it to be much more enjoyable than Reach, Kz3 etc because it offers a different experience from the usual console fps affairs.

GunstarHero

Post by GunstarHero » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Ended up buying it yesterday :oops: Been playing it on Veteran which I've found to be challenging in some parts but it seems to be one of those games you can rinse quite quickly once you learnt how to use the nano suit properly. The AI is pretty good for the most part but I still feel that no game has topped the mercs in the first Half Life in terms of A.I(not even Half Life 2).

Have to say that the button layout is so good on the xbox pad. Takes a bit to get used to the functions on the D pad thought.

I can see why this is regarded to be the best looking game on the 360 from a technical stand point, but I just wished the art design was more imaginative. I hope Crytek liscence this engine out to over developers, would Love to see what Platinum games would do with it for example. I think the Unreal Engine needs a kick up the backside.

Crunchy

Post by Crunchy » Mon May 23, 2011 5:36 am

This is solid enough. I'm talking about the single player, I've no intention of playing it online.
I think too much is being made of the graphics though. It's a good looking game but it doesn't seem overly "wow!" to me. Vanquish looks just as good. Maybe people are impressed because it features more colours than the usual modern FPS.
The only other minor gripe I have is that the unlocks for the nanosuit seem a bit superfluous. They don't appear to add that much in the way of performance. Very underpowered. I haven't played right through yet and I'm only on normal difficulty so there's still time for these things to show their worth but right now the upgrades seem very flat.

Apart from that, pretty solid all told. Not amazingly spectacular, nothing that hasn't been done before, but everything it does do is very slick. There are far worse games than this.