Why Isn't Emulation Good Enough??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Liamh1982

Re: Why Isn't Emulation Good Enough??

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:29 pm

That's the problem with MAME - you have to make sure you have the right ROM dump for the right version, due to the obsession with accuracy.

malekith1979

Post by malekith1979 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:51 pm

Seems to be all sorted now. Anybody have any recommendations for a reasonably priced game controller? Don't mind whether it's a stick or pad.

Crunchy

Post by Crunchy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:12 pm

malekith1979 wrote:Seems to be all sorted now. Anybody have any recommendations for a reasonably priced game controller? Don't mind whether it's a stick or pad.
You talking about a digital pad or just any type of controller? Your 360 pad will work fine with mame if you're not looking for something specific.

malekith1979

Post by malekith1979 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:57 pm

Crunchy wrote:
malekith1979 wrote:Seems to be all sorted now. Anybody have any recommendations for a reasonably priced game controller? Don't mind whether it's a stick or pad.
You talking about a digital pad or just any type of controller? Your 360 pad will work fine with mame if you're not looking for something specific.
Hey great, I didn't know you could use a 360 pad. That'd be an awesomely simple solution. Thanks very much! 8)

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:02 pm

To pre-empt the next question. :wink:

Once you've got the pad set up with windows, when you open a game in Mame, hit the TAB key. Select General Controls, then player 1 controls. Now for each control (Up, Down, Left, Right, Button 1,2,3 etc) press Return on your keyboard then press the corresponding control you want to use on the 360 pad.

Once you're done this will map the controls to your Joypad for every game in Mame.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

malekith1979

Post by malekith1979 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:51 pm

FatTrucker wrote:To pre-empt the next question. :wink:

Once you've got the pad set up with windows, when you open a game in Mame, hit the TAB key. Select General Controls, then player 1 controls. Now for each control (Up, Down, Left, Right, Button 1,2,3 etc) press Return on your keyboard then press the corresponding control you want to use on the 360 pad.

Once you're done this will map the controls to your Joypad for every game in Mame.
Haha thanks mate, I'm sorry I ask a lot of questions. I'm not very tech savvy for a gamer I'm afraid. Always very grateful for everyones advice though :D

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:56 pm

malekith1979 wrote:
FatTrucker wrote:To pre-empt the next question. :wink:

Haha thanks mate, I'm sorry I ask a lot of questions. I'm not very tech savvy for a gamer I'm afraid. Always very grateful for everyones advice though :D
:D . Its never a problem. 8)
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.