What's the most funniest games you've played?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

GetDexter

Post by GetDexter » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:43 am

You cannot say 'Most Funniest'.

You can say 'Most Funny' or 'Funniest'. Just thought I'd point that out.

So the funniest game I have ever played has got to be 'The Secret Of Monkey Island 2'. A predictable reply, I know. But it's not there for no reason. The humour was so offbeat and quirky and just suits my style of humour.

A close second was the original Infocom 'Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy'. I still miss Douglas Adams and one of my treasured items is a letter he wrote to me in the early nineties to tell me his next book was to be called 'A Spoon Too Short', which sadly never materialised.
Last edited by GetDexter on Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
As requested by the Tw@t himself - his account was Hijacked and has had a change of password.

Sorry Dexter!

paranoid marvin

Re:

Post by paranoid marvin » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:48 am

GetDexter wrote:You cannot say 'Most Funniest'.

You can say 'Most Funny' or 'Funniest'. Just thought I'd point that out.

So the funniest game I have ever played has got to be 'The Secret Of Monkey Island 2'. A predictable reply, I know. But it's not there for a reason. The humour was so offbeat and quirky and just suits my style of humour.

A close second was the original Infocom 'Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy'. I still miss Douglas Adams and one of my treasured items is a letter he wrote to me in the early nineties to tell me his next book was to be called 'A Spoon Too Short', which sadly never materialised.

Yes,HHGTTG was a great game,but some of the solutions to pronlems were a bit odd (but kept in he spirit of the books)
The Babel Fish puzzle was fantastic
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:24 pm

Skool daze on the speccy ...you could name the freaky teachers and then shoot them with a catapult....Ha Ha take that Mr Bell ...thats what you get for throwing a piece of chalk at me............Ooh Mr Tr+mans...oh dear i have just punched you for jabbing me in the forehead for pissing myself laughing during Joseph and his amazing big colourful coat.....

Punching the bully was fun too.......E==== H======= took some stick on that game...and it paid him back for telling everyone I was a spacker.

Anyway Skool daze speccy

thl

Re:

Post by thl » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:30 pm

Spector wrote:The silly grunts and groans in Final Fight were hilarious, especially the squeal Haggar gives off when he dies.
It also had that in Street Fighter II, in which the opponent's grunt echoed after being defeated. Did made me laugh too. :lol:

thl

Re:

Post by thl » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:43 pm

woody.cool wrote:Prince of Persia (Amiga) - I kept cracking up laughing when I mis-timed a jump and plummeted a long, long, long way to my death!

a long AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Splat! :lol:
I done something like that in Flashback for the Acorn. Hanging on the edge of the platform from high above, I remember letting go and see Conrad falling from something like 40-50 feet high.

Also my one of my friends kept thinking of it being inspired by the sail cutting scene that Sloth done in The Goonies. When I decrease the game speed and watch it hit the ground, everyone in class went AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

It was quite a laugh. :lol:

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:05 pm

Armed and Dangerous was the last truly funny game I played........

Conker as well on the xbox.....never played the n64 version.......

Kai

Re:

Post by Kai » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:15 am

Utini wrote:Most all of the LucasArts Point-'n-clickers cracked me up, especially the talkies like Sam & Max.
Yep, right you are.

thl

Post by thl » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:27 pm

UPDATED.
Cornelius wrote:Actually I now think Tiki the Kiwi has the funniest death ever.
Donald Duck's death in The Lucky Dime Caper was hilarious. He turned into ice for the Antarctica stage and got roasted in the Tropical stage. :lol:

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:58 am

Lego Star Wars II of course!
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

beesty

Post by beesty » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:04 am

Monkey Island.Just to hear Guybrush's name said wrong so many times"Its Threepwood Guybrush Threepwood".
the c64 was king,and the speccy,and the amiga,and,,,,,ooh u know the rest

yethboth

Post by yethboth » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:15 am

'Earthworm Jim' on the Megadrive was a funny game.

Also, 'How To Be A Complete B-------d' (I hate swearing) on the Speccy was also a funny and interesting game as well.

beesty

Post by beesty » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:27 am

yethboth wrote:'Earthworm Jim' on the Megadrive was a funny game.

Also, 'How To Be A Complete B-------d' (I hate swearing) on the Speccy was also a funny and interesting game as well.
Yeh Earthworm Jim forgot about that one,wwwwoooooaaaahhhhh nelly.
the c64 was king,and the speccy,and the amiga,and,,,,,ooh u know the rest

pforson

Post by pforson » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:23 am

Obviously the Lucasarts adventures are right up there. But I have a real soft spot for 'Toonstruck' - a great point 'n' clicker. 'Activate cloaking device!'

Pete

p.s A Ford Mustang Fastback is a sweet American car. If only my flatmate would give in and actually buy one.grr.
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

mechamonkey

Post by mechamonkey » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:55 am

PSOne had loads of comedy goodness

Incredible Crisis
Bishi Bashi Special
Noone Can Stop Mr Domino
Parapper the Rapper
Un Jammer Lammy

mental :)
Born from an egg on a mountain top

Groovemaster303

Post by Groovemaster303 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:00 pm

Jack The Nipper was a great laugh when i was a young un.

Others include most of whats already been mentioned like Earthworm Jim and Monkey Island.