What's the most funniest games you've played?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

thl

What's the most funniest games you've played?

Post by thl » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:26 pm

I've seen so much comical humours in several games. It could be caused by bizarre gameplay, badly animated sequences, wierd characters and many more. But what games really made you laugh?

To start this topic, WWF Royal Rumble is the game that really amused me a lot. Not just it's another wrestling title that I knew, but how the outcome of the game had turn out after completion.

The violence in that game felt so hilariously strange that it remain playable. It was caused by:

- strangling move that really impersonate Homer and Bart
- bumping into one and another
- being hit by a steel chair that completely bended
- voices from opponent comes out after being struck by few punches
- wrestlers' movement looks like they're dancing

And surprisingly every wrestlers looked exactly the same through physical appearance. I didn't expect that in the game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:52 pm

The game that made me laugh the most was Day of the Tentacle.

Utini

Post by Utini » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:56 pm

Most all of the LucasArts Point-'n-clickers cracked me up, especially the talkies like Sam & Max.
Hey, Sweden!
They're not Swedish Mac, they're Norwegian!

Spector

Post by Spector » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:00 pm

The silly grunts and groans in Final Fight were hilarious, especially the squeal Haggar gives off when he dies. For similar reasons I couldn't hide a chuckle or two at Jailbreak. When you get killed it sounds like a mutant from the planet Tharg has just been neutralised or something, rather than the last gasps of a vigilante cop.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:05 pm

Destroy All Humans was hilarious.

Everything from the zombie cows to the constant jokes about 'those damn Commies' cracked me up. It was a perfect homage to cheesy 1950's B-movies. :lol: Can't wait for the sequel.

The legendary uncensored version of the 'Great Mighty Poo' song from the N64 version of Conker's Bad Fur Day caused me to accidentally kill Conker a few times because I was laughing so much too. :roll:

russgalleywood

Post by russgalleywood » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:17 pm

Keef the Thief on the Amiga was quite funny, oh, and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy from Infocom but obviously that has a little help from Douglas Adams!

'Rockstar Ate My Hamster' on Speccy or C64 was also quite tatty-filarious I guess!
'What's a Ftoomch?'

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:21 pm

Syndicate. Tell me you didn't laugh hysterically as you blew away pedestrians with miniguns.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Robbo

Post by Robbo » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:59 pm

The Monkey Island games were funny, but I do remember a game on the school's BBC called 'Mape 3' or something (this was 15+ years ago when I was at middle school) and it was a kind of Cluedo text based type game. You could name the characters and rooms and I vaguely remember splitting my sides at one of the characters when I named him after one of the smelly kids in the class and he amusingly and appropriately appeared in one of the rooms I had named 'the trash can'. :lol:

Well I thought it was funny back then with the 11 year old brain! :lol:

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:05 pm

The stupid dancing on the 'get ready' screen in Creatures 2 always used to get me.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:20 pm

Captain America and the Avengers and Growl for their comedy dialogues. Track & Field with mates is also hilarious as well, trying to get people to laugh while they're doing the events and watching their stupid facial expressions. I also liked the humour in Beneath a Steel Sky.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:26 pm

Monkey Island 1 &2 were great , also DOTT

Also the supposedly serious conversations in Resident Evil 1

The most unintentionally funny game though has to be Metal Gear Solid
some of the situations/converstaions in that game are hilarious
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Kickboxingshrimp

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:48 pm

2 games spring to mind

how to be a complete bastard......i was 8 and it was funny haveing a game with bastard in the title...

Rockstar ate my hamster.....thats the way the cookie crumbles.....
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

CrookedMouth

Post by CrookedMouth » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:58 pm

I'm going to have to say Dragon's Lair. The death scenes of course but also the expressions and noises he made. In the second one the beginning is very funny where his mom(?) chases him out of the house.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:48 am

I'm embarassed to say back in the day that that Mermaid game on the Speccy (damn forgotton the name) made me laugh tons as a kid seeing her 'chest' wobble back and forth, hey i was young !

Also i found Valhalla very funny when you swore and then one of the other characters would come over and whack you on the head if i remember right, very amusing

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:26 am

Prince of Persia (Amiga) - I kept cracking up laughing when I mis-timed a jump and plummeted a long, long, long way to my death!

a long AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Splat! :lol:

&

Bart vs the Space Mutants (Amiga) - The intro animation on the first disk was cool & also Eat My Shorts! when you loose a life (I was only 10 at the time - and big on The Simpsons then)