Coin op you stuck the most cash in?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

C=Style

Re: Coin op you stuck the most cash in?

Post by C=Style » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Nemesis wrote:
C=Style wrote:I dunno, probably Xmen Children of the Atom. I was at Norwich College when it was first released and used to skip lectures just to go to the arcade. Me and my mate used to punt lots of cash into this amazing machine. I was so happy when it was released on Saturn. I still think it has the best stages and music out of the whole VS series.
:shock: you didn't frequent the Magic City arcade did you because our paths probably crossed at some stage. That's where I played Marvel Super Heroes, Street Fighter 2 etc
Do you know I've forgotten the name of the arcade, but it was the one down Prince of Wales Road, near the Cannon Cinema (not sure if the cinema is still there). I also used to go to another one more in the city centre, I think it was near where Virgin Megastores used to be, and I used to play Street fighter Alpha 2 in there quite a bit too.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:34 am

C=Style wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
C=Style wrote:I dunno, probably Xmen Children of the Atom. I was at Norwich College when it was first released and used to skip lectures just to go to the arcade. Me and my mate used to punt lots of cash into this amazing machine. I was so happy when it was released on Saturn. I still think it has the best stages and music out of the whole VS series.
:shock: you didn't frequent the Magic City arcade did you because our paths probably crossed at some stage. That's where I played Marvel Super Heroes, Street Fighter 2 etc
Do you know I've forgotten the name of the arcade, but it was the one down Prince of Wales Road, near the Cannon Cinema (not sure if the cinema is still there). I also used to go to another one more in the city centre, I think it was near where Virgin Megastores used to be, and I used to play Street fighter Alpha 2 in there quite a bit too.
Yeah, that was Magic City next to the old ABC cinema which is now a nightclub called Mercy. The other one was Silver City down a dodgy alley way, bit scary that place :shock:
It is a small world after all! :)
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:14 pm

Got to 2nd that. I pumpd loads into Star Wars, and Outrun.....I could NEVER get ANYWHERE in Outrun :P

goldenone

Post by goldenone » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:36 am

As a young kid i probably spent most on things like Kung Fu Master, Karate Champ and Commando before moving on to stuff like Point Blank, SF 2 and Wrestlefest.

When i was on a YTS aged 16 the bowling alley across the road from my work had a few arcade machines and it was at this time that i had my best achievement when i completed Power Spikes Volleyball on one credit. A short while after they got shut of this machine and i've never seen it since.

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:08 pm

when i was about 5 it was pacman (but thinking about it that was only probably 10p a go then), but after that it would definitely be final fight, spend a fortune playing that. Never really cared too much for paying anything more than 50p a game so never played anything after sega rally.

and in my little home town growing up there was a video shop that had a load of arcades in the basement, sure it was ran by Timothy "james bond" Daltons brother too

Pixiu

Post by Pixiu » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:32 pm

Probably the House of the Dead.

They had it in a pub in the city. Boozing + shooting = Many coins fed into the slot.
"A farmer doesn't bother telling a pig its breath smells like sh*t."

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:02 am

Nemesis wrote: Yeah, that was Magic City next to the old ABC cinema which is now a nightclub called Mercy. The other one was Silver City down a dodgy alley way, bit scary that place :shock:
haha, yes that's the one and Silver City was a bit dodgy lol, I remember thinking the same thing. But it did have Street Fighter Alpha 2 in it which made it worthwhile, that is if you could see it through the smoke!

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:42 pm

C=Style wrote:
Nemesis wrote: Yeah, that was Magic City next to the old ABC cinema which is now a nightclub called Mercy. The other one was Silver City down a dodgy alley way, bit scary that place :shock:
haha, yes that's the one and Silver City was a bit dodgy lol, I remember thinking the same thing. But it did have Street Fighter Alpha 2 in it which made it worthwhile, that is if you could see it through the smoke!
I played Fatal Fury 2 & Samurai Shodown before being chased out of there by a gang of local chavs with their pitchforks :shock: :lol: Never went back after that. Still, there was Killer Instinct, MSH, Mortal Kombat & Knights of the Round to keep me occupied at Magic City. Although I didn't get to play Alpha 2 until the PSone (I think!!)
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:34 pm

I just thought i must have stuck a ton in Operation wolf as every time we went on holiday or a school trip.Every service station seemed to have this and i was there chucking me money in it.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

Xyphoe

Post by Xyphoe » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:23 pm

Tecmo World Cup 90
Football Champ

(I LOVED my footy games, and were very good at them!)

Mortal Kombat II

(I had learnt most of the moves, and carried a handy pocket book curteosy of Gamesmaster magazine around that had all the moves/fatalities in - I'd have a quick revision session before walking into the computer shop and showing off to the other kids and staff :lol: :roll: )
ImageImage

sg1000

Post by sg1000 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:25 am

The lost world sega sit down deluxe cab, you'd sit in and would bounce about it would fire out that weird stage smoke stuff it was awesome.

Me and my friends would play loads of virtua striker 2 as well