So when did this forum go all modern?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

C=Style

Re: So when did this forum go all modern?

Post by C=Style » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:44 pm

Crunchy wrote:I think it's great that we can talk about modern and retro in the same forum area because it really gets on C=Style's manbaps. :D
But it doesn't, I already said I don't particularly care either way. I talk about modern and retro here myself! though I proportionately talk more about retro than I do current gen (unlike you) as I don't think it has a particular place here, unless of course there was a sub forum. I've been saying for years now to move current gen talk completely unrelated to retro, to Off Topic.

In fact you just agreed with me by saying Mass Effect doesn't particularly belong here, why don't you read my last post again. As per usual, you have to try and create some tension by pigeon-holing people into narrow minded groups and saying we should start again, (great input as usual crunchy) when good arguments have already been put forth by a lot of people. Maybe it's you who should look outside of their own head?

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:25 pm

C=Style wrote:As per usual, you have to try and create some tension by pigeon-holing people into narrow minded groups and saying we should start again, (great input as usual crunchy) when good arguments have already been put forth by a lot of people. Maybe it's you who should look outside of their own head?
Nail head time here I think.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:21 am

slacey1070 wrote:If this forum was solely the latest releases, then I could understand the upset. But it isn't. Its a very good mix of threads, some retro, some modern. And thats just fine by me. Look at the subject, if its of interest, I'll read it. If not, I won't. I don't see how much simpler it could be.

I'm a gamer. I play retro, I play current gen. I don't refer to myself as retro gamer or current gen gamer. Just gamer.

This is a good forum.....
See this? What this guy said?

He's right.

*** THREAD LOCKED ***

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:48 am

Enough of the arguments its no longer going anywhere constructive and rather than let the thread continue its descent into the handbag department......click.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.