Super Nintendo collecting thread.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Shinobi

Re: Super Nintendo collecting thread.

Post by Shinobi » Thu May 02, 2013 6:39 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Other sold itmes include £63 for SF2, £100 for DKC and £77 for Mario Kart! Either there are some serious shenanigans or some serious idiots with more money than sense.
Reading the Description he describes than as mint and as close to new as possible.. The guy mentions he's selling them to fund his sealed game collection
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Fri May 03, 2013 5:00 am

Shinobi wrote: Some nice picks up there Martin particularly Ninja Warriors.. Never heard of the Natsune Battle game on the right but checking it on You Tube it looks fab.. Reminds me of Pretty Fighter but a lot more playable, of to Ebay to loo for that game
Thanks Steve. Natsuki is a pretty fun fighter. It does have a few cheap parts but the combat engine does feel solid and the characters control really well. :)
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:46 pm

New SFC gets.

Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

killbot

Post by killbot » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Picked up Another World the other day for £7. I could have had the anniversary edition from GOG for a quid less but somehow 16-bit seems like the only real way to play it...

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

NerdAlert

Post by NerdAlert » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:59 pm

HUGE SNES fan here..and new to the site..i have a mild collection as of now - not easy getting all the titles i want with a 2 year old to raise , but before long i hope to own 75+ titles..what can i say i LOVE the old stuff..

as of now i have an FC TWIN system and 20 or so basic games - super mario 1-3, mario world, killer instict, stunt race fx, qb club, mega man x..etc..etc..

i was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction (in THEIR opinion) what a good site is that i could get a fully functioning/cosmetically acceptable original SNES system..

my other questions is is there a wireless controller that works for the original snes system ?

thanks!!

-Neil

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:26 am

NerdAlert wrote:HUGE SNES fan here..and new to the site..i have a mild collection as of now - not easy getting all the titles i want with a 2 year old to raise , but before long i hope to own 75+ titles..what can i say i LOVE the old stuff..

as of now i have an FC TWIN system and 20 or so basic games - super mario 1-3, mario world, killer instict, stunt race fx, qb club, mega man x..etc..etc..

i was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction (in THEIR opinion) what a good site is that i could get a fully functioning/cosmetically acceptable original SNES system..

my other questions is is there a wireless controller that works for the original snes system ?

thanks!!

-Neil
Hi and welcome

I have used Flashback games quite a bit, they have a few nice looking SNES consoles, including this one

http://www.flashbackgames.co.uk/shop/It ... uctID=4427

As for wireless controllers, there is a few mods out there, but nothing official IIRC.

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:43 am

Found a CIB copy of Super Double Dragon in a Bernado's near me this weekend. Not bad for £2, but not good either as the game is pretty poor.

n1nty

Post by n1nty » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:49 am

Flip it on the bay and you'll be suprised what it will go for, play it again though because theres more to it than the eye can see ;) :)

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:15 pm

samhain81 wrote:Found a CIB copy of Super Double Dragon in a Bernado's near me this weekend. Not bad for £2, but not good either as the game is pretty poor.
The game is brilliant. Get past the ropey visuals and slow pace and master the counter system. It has so many moves, all useful.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:31 pm

Wow. Amazing to look back through this topic to see how badly I failed and being selective.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:05 pm

I picked up some Jap CIB games over the past couple of months, Bomberman 4, Bomberman 5 and Magic Sword.
I just love the snes, really is my fav console.
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:04 pm

My snes collection:

Snes console - no yellowing and modded to play ntsc carts

Terranigma - boxed and in excellent condition
Zelda link to the past - box in poor condition
Zombies - box in fair condition
Starwing - box in good condition
On the ball - box in good condition
Tiny toons buster busts loose - box in fair condition
Super Mario all stars and Super Mario world
Super Metroid
Super Castlevania 4
Donkey Kong country
Donkey Kong country 2
Super Mario Kart
Tetris and Dr Mario
Street fighter 2
Street fighter 2 turbo
Earthworm Jim
Joe and Mac Caveman Ninja
WWF Super wrestlemania
Mario paint and mouse
Spiderman X men revenge
Lemmings 2 the tribes
Super Scope and scope 6 game cartridge

I tried to upload a pic but it was too big...

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:03 am

^ If you were trying to upload it as an attachment then the board limit has been reached a loooooong time ago...

Best would be to register for a site like Photobucket, post it there and then use an image link so we can see it here. I'll go into it in more detail if you ask me to.

You've got some good stuff there by the way! :D

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:15 am

Liamh1982 wrote:You've got some good stuff there by the way! :D
Agreed, those are all classics (well, except maybe the super scope stuff :wink: )
MadManDan79 wrote:On the ball - box in good condition
I've not heard of this one. Is it anything like Uniracers?
MadManDan79 wrote:Zombies - box in fair condition
Oh man, I really regret not picking up a copy of this back when SNES games were dirt cheap.

Don't know if I've posted this already, but I was in Japan earlier this year and I picked up a few Super Famicom games (all cart only):

Choplifter 3
Darius Force
Final Fight 2
King of Dragons
Knights of the Round
Return of Double Dragon
Rockman X3
Sparkster
Turtles in Time

I've been after Turtles in Time for ages, but again, the prices it goes for on eBay (or anywhere really) put me off. It is a great little beat-em-up though. Sparkster really surprised me though, it must be one of the best looking SNES games I've ever seen. No idea if it is extra hardware or just Konami stretching their SNES skills to the limit, but wow, it looks good. Flippen hard though.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:28 am

^ On The Ball is just a re-named port of Cameltry. At least the new name makes more sense.