Super Nintendo collecting thread.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Neilos626

Re: Super Nintendo collecting thread.

Post by Neilos626 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:04 pm

even the likes of SF2 and Alladin are fecthing close to £10 now and these are very common games. There are still some bargains to be had, just this week I won a boxed sim city 2000 for £1.20.
Flux Capacitors wanted email MartyMcFly1985@greatscott.net

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:21 am

Sim City 2000 is pretty uncommon too I think.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:31 am

Had a bit of snes purchasing over the past few days, bought all these complete:
Dr Mario & Tetris
Pac Attack
The Chess Master
Toy Story
Vortex
The Troddlers
Micro Machines
Spindizzy Worlds.

I was bidding on a Super 8 adapter, something of my holy grail for the snes, I went to put in a bid a few seconds before the end, and my ebay account had logged out??? Thats never happened to me before, I was livid.
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

astaroth

Post by astaroth » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:51 am

LOL! I've had that!

Place bid............ log in please................... nooooooooooooooooooooo! :D

How much did you get Micro Machines for mate? That's on my wants list.

Dam

Post by Dam » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:08 am

astaroth wrote:LOL! I've had that!

Place bid............ log in please................... nooooooooooooooooooooo! :D
Yes and me, meant I missed a mint Street Fighter the movie for PS1 that ended at £1.70 :evil:

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:40 am

Jbidwatcher. :P
Logged out 15/07/2014.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:44 am

It was £3.99 posted, not bad considering its complete and arrived in todays post, I already have Micro Machines 96 Turbo Tournament, but figured I would pick up some of the non classic games, or get ones that were complete to replace my cart only parts of my collection.
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

astaroth

Post by astaroth » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:57 am

bensonrad wrote:

It was £3.99 posted, not bad considering its complete and arrived in todays post, I already have Micro Machines 96 Turbo Tournament, but figured I would pick up some of the non classic games, or get ones that were complete to replace my cart only parts of my collection.
Very good price mate. Well done!

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:59 pm

Here's My SNES collection as it stands at the moment, there are a load of loose carts as well, but I have them in a box somewhere, I also have a mint Super scope in box as well, but could not be bothered to go in the attic for it.

astaroth

Post by astaroth » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:33 pm

Nice collection adi. They all look in excellent condition too!

Plenty in there i'm still after, namely Castlevania and Parodius.

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:31 pm

astaroth wrote:Nice collection adi. They all look in excellent condition too!

Plenty in there i'm still after, namely Castlevania and Parodius.
Thank you, unfortunately due to severe space constraints they are kept in a cupboard most of the time, but are still in easy reach when they are needed, they were largely bought back in the SNES era, between 1992 and 1996, except Super Adventure Island, Zombies and the Super Famicom games, so most have been with me for nearly 20 years.

If I say so myself, most are pretty mint, I hate to see Snes games being sold in tatty boxes, what on earth some people have done with them I hate to think!

Amazing the money spent on them at the time, you mention Parodius that cost £54.99 new on the day of release, I never pay new game prices nowadays, always when they come down in price or in a sale, and Castlevania IV was the first £44.99 title I ever bought, fantastic game, bought on holiday in 1992, in good old Woolworths in Deal, I was not very popular when I sat in the chalet where we were, playing the thing for a whole day.

I do like the look of your setup, shame I can't do the same, far to many roof beams and pipes.

SuperFamiKing

Post by SuperFamiKing » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:01 pm

adippm82 wrote:Here's My SNES collection as it stands at the moment, there are a load of loose carts as well, but I have them in a box somewhere, I also have a mint Super scope in box as well, but could not be bothered to go in the attic for it.

That Umihara Kawase is looking sweet..........good to find another fan :D

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:41 pm

Yes, I got that from Genki Videogames a few years ago, very nearly mint for £27.99, such a great little game, I wish there were more titles like it.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:53 pm

Yeah lovely collection there. Very nice condition and even though they are in cupboards you know they are there. Would love to have my stuff out but my daughter would destroy them.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:07 pm

nakamura wrote:Yeah lovely collection there. Very nice condition and even though they are in cupboards you know they are there. Would love to have my stuff out but my daughter would destroy them.
..and of course it keeps the dust and sunlight off them, which is another bonus, on the down side there is no room for anymore.