Gaming's biggest tool?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Liamh1982

Gaming's biggest tool?

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:35 am

Only one condition - your choice has to be a real person.

For me, it has to be Dave Perry "The Games Animal" - wants to appear edgy and dangerous, just comes across as an unbelieveable censored.

Roo

Re: Gaming's biggest tool?

Post by Roo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:44 am

The Angry Video Game Nerd - used to be all right (without ever being good), but in recent years he's been phoning it in, lost track of what made him decent in the first place and unrelenting in shoving his shitey films down everyone's throat. Tool.

Miketendo

Post by Miketendo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:53 am

Roo wrote:The Angry Video Game Nerd - used to be all right (without ever being good), but in recent years he's been phoning it in, lost track of what made him decent in the first place and unrelenting in shoving his shitey films down everyone's throat. Tool.
I dunno, his latest video was really well done in my opinion. It's also his 100th episode.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:04 am

Miketendo wrote:
Roo wrote:The Angry Video Game Nerd - used to be all right (without ever being good), but in recent years he's been phoning it in, lost track of what made him decent in the first place and unrelenting in shoving his shitey films down everyone's throat. Tool.
I dunno, his latest video was really well done in my opinion. It's also his 100th episode.
There have been 3 mediocre episodes recently but other than that consistently brilliant

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:11 am

Ken Kutaragi
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:13 am

Easy - Robert Mruczek - The sad pathetic pervert* who, when I see his stupid f*cking face, makes me almost want to hop onto a plane to the US and slowly beat him to death with one of his $10K "art" pictures.

* allegedly

....right, off to Heathrow then....
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:18 am

He looks like Harold Bishop from Neighbours in a comedy wig!
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

James A

Post by James A » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:39 am

Bobby Kozcheck or whatever his name is. Complete and utter censored

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:42 am

I'm surprised Tim Langdell hasn't got a mention yet.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:20 pm

Gabe Newall made himself into bit of a tool of late....Originally praises the 360 to the skies, PS3 was spawn of Satans love trumpet (not his auctual words, but you get the gist)...now, 360=bad as MS only let Gabe release 2 patches per release and PS3 is wonderful.

Peter Molyneux-3 Fable games and yet not 1 of them delivered anything like what Peter promised, The whole Milo+Kate smoke and mirrors crap.

Hideo Kojima-Goes from utter brillance to uttter crap, followed by utter brilliance etc. (PS1 MGS=Amazing, PS2 MGS 2=Awful, MGS 3:Snake Eater=Brillance, MGS4=Awful etc.).
Last edited by thevulture on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pforson

Post by pforson » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Alan Michael Sugar.
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

Haabermaaster

Post by Haabermaaster » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:07 pm

James A wrote:Bobby Kozcheck or whatever his name is. Complete and utter censored
If it's Bobby Kotick you're after then I'm with you 100%. The man's a legend in his own mind. The only reason he's lasted so long at Activision is that a) Shareholders aren't gamers, they're shareholders and b) he makes them a LOT of cash.

Most shareholders wouldn't know an Xbox 360 if it came and sat on their cat, but they understand 5% over dividend based on fiscal growth structure, so Activision's legendary dealings with the industry (and Kotick's own ludicrous press statements) are as important to them as a working Student Tuition Fees policy is to a park bench.

My own biggest tool? That'd still be the Smith brothers of Core Design. Monumental fucknuts.

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:10 pm

thevulture wrote: Peter Molyneux-3 Fable games and yet not 1 of them delivered anything like what Peter promised, The who Milo+Kate smoke and mirrors crap.
Beat me to it!
Undelivered promises, hypes up his games to be 1000x better than they are and is just cringeworthy to watch in interviews.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:19 pm

Quite a few reallly:

Reggie Fils-Aime. Nintendo loudmouth, does a lot of interviews and gives lots of talks but never really says anything, if an interesting game is announced it's straight to Miyamoto, if it's a big announcement Iwata makes it. All he does is talk sales figures and fuel the fanboys.

The guy who makes god of war - forgot his name, seems a bit of a nob, maybe the limited success went to his head.

Was going to say Kaz Hirai, but he's just mental and kind of funny, all be it unintentionally.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:37 pm

^ Reggie is a cool guy, always enthusiastic about games and he's a good spokesman with lots of charisma. Hardly a tool :roll: