Poll - Do you play new releases?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Poll - Do you play the latest game releases?

Yes I do
81%
No I don’t
19%

Total votes: 365

Sir Hilary Bray

Re: Poll - Do you play new releases?

Post by Sir Hilary Bray » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:40 pm

To be honest, the only new games I play are mainly kids games, due to my son getting into gaming :oops:

The new Toy Story 3 game is excellent, loads of nice hidden goodies.

newoldgamer

Post by newoldgamer » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Yes I play current gen games. If it's a good game, current or retro, I'll buy it.

sg1000

Post by sg1000 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:05 am

Yeah, but I play a lot of the retro stuff though

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:59 am

I do, but I don't know for how much longer.

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:50 am

i play current gen stuff, but i never buy new games, only trade ins. too expensive
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

Chucktaylor

Post by Chucktaylor » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:00 am

Nah, I'll stick with the oldies. Maybe some ps3 everyone once in a while, but not much.

Reglan

Post by Reglan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:20 pm

I'm a big fan of old-school gaming but I still like the new stuff. I may not pick up as many new releases as I'd like (the most recent games that are "new" I've bought are Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars), but I buy new games when I can.

RetroWench

Post by RetroWench » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:46 am

I do, but a lot of the time I tend to play revamped classics, or similar. Like Kirby's Epic Yarn on Wii - could not wait to get my hands on that! I bought a PS3 for my other half, but only after waiting til a more reasonable price. I find buying older systems in good working order, with a good wedge of classic games a lot more satisfying! :D But on the whole, I love my tech, old or new!

TheCVGChannel

Post by TheCVGChannel » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:30 pm

I fully enjoy new releases just as much as retro. I never, however, get them on launch date. One of the only games I've gotten on launch date was Donkey Kong Country Returns since I just loved the original so much and it looked great, and it was!
For the best classic video game videos, GO HERE!!!
The Classic Video Game Channel
RETRO GAMER MAGAZINE REVIEW IS UP, CHECK IT OUT!!!

Farzlepot

Post by Farzlepot » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:45 am

As I like games I'll buy anything, old or new, that interests me. I'm as into Sonic 1 as I am Mass Effect 2.

I try not to take a snobby, 'games aren't what they used to be' line, as games are constantly evolving, for better or worse. My 'favourite games of all time' list encompassed recent games like Uncharted and Mass Effect as much as it does old games like Jet Set Willy and Super Mario Bros.

I see the good in all of the generations, because eventually, the current generation may have as much of an impact on my life as the past ones have.

guv859

Post by guv859 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:23 am

Definitely. What I rarely do these days, though, is buy a game on release. That's £40-£45 I'm rarely willing to part with when the self same game can often be found for half that in a few weeks. The last games I bought on release were Mafia 2 and, before that, Red Dead Redemption. The next will be LA Noire.
Bye

TechnicianSi

Post by TechnicianSi » Mon May 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Do play current stuff, but to be honest, there hasn't been much around lately, save Dead Space 2, and that was brilliant, if short. Deus Ex Human Revolution should be ok though when it's released. Elder Scrolls V Skyrim too, but beyond that, i'd rather play the older stuff...
ImageImage
Wish I could could actually program...

ncf1

Post by ncf1 » Sun May 15, 2011 3:36 pm

yes. I'm a fan of games regardless of age or system, I like to try out everything, I have my favourite genres of course as everyone does but I love new and old games on computer, console, arcade, even pinball, I just love games and I think I have saved about $14,000 on arcade fees by playing MAME. Is there anywhere I can cash in for my rebate?

guv859

Post by guv859 » Thu May 19, 2011 1:00 pm

I've been having a really fallow period for playing games of late, and have only had one good games' session in the last couple of weeks, and that was on Crysis 2. Very good game. To be honest, the only games I can play with any degree of longevity and comfort are mid-90s onwards, so that's Saturn to the present day. I don't have any inclination to hook up my 80s consoles, only to find myself cramped up on the bed, squinting at a portable TV. If I want a good evening of gaming, it's not going to consist of California Games or Phantasy Star II. My loss probably, but that's what my home dictates. Really looking forward to LA Noire now, after reading a few comments on here today.
Bye

mannafig

Post by mannafig » Fri May 20, 2011 11:46 am

I play games from all generations consoles andcomputers.Favourites have to be amiga,snes and megadrive for me.Right now I am playing Witcher 2 on the pc.