MOLE MANIA - Gameboy

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ChipTune

MOLE MANIA - Gameboy

Post by ChipTune » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:07 am

Just discovered this absolutely awesome game on gameboy (original green).. playing it via emulation on my Dingoo A320.

Its a really fun puzzle maze game, each screen consists of enemies that can be destroyed or avoided, cabbages that can be pushing into a hole for bonuses, and a bomb which you must lead to the exit door in order to destroy it and move to the next screen.

Each world has many screens, and a map can be collected along the way to show where you have been / yet to discover

The coolest part though is the fact you can burrow underground and move around the screen to other parts, and this is how many of the puzzles work.

The graphics are cute and nicely animated for the gameboy and the cutscenes are nice.

I would definately recommend it!

Also while on gameboy games, check out TRIP WORLD, as that is a great platform game!
molemania-3.png
molemania-3.png (5.06 KiB) Viewed 224 times
molemania-4.png
molemania-4.png (3.3 KiB) Viewed 224 times
molemania-6.png
molemania-6.png (3.98 KiB) Viewed 224 times

ToxieDogg

Re: MOLE MANIA - Gameboy

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:03 am

Good shout. :)

I played through Mole Mania a few years back, thought it was a fantastic little game with a real classic Nintendo feel to it. Shame that not many people seem to have even heard of it. Once I started with it, I couldn't put it down.

Definitely something worth giving a go.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Yeah, I've got Mole Mania here, original CIB. Found it in HMV years and years ago for like two quid in their discount shelving. One of those games I knew about being good but hadn't played at the time, so I immediately grabbed it.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:25 pm

Man, I love this game. I tried Let's Playing it a few months back, never finished it though. World 4 knackered me.
Also, screw the snow mice >(

Tellah

Post by Tellah » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:41 am

Mole Mania is in my top 10 of all time greats. Perfectly polished with a great difficulty curve. The game gives you some basic tools and rules, then uses them inventively all through the game. Some of the puzzle/boss solutions are brilliant.