Charity Shops

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: Charity Shops

Post by Megamixer » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:20 am

Shinobi wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:44 am
Got lucky in the charity massive pile of PS3 games Splatterhouse, all the nippon Ichi/Gust RPGs, Dead Space, Longest Day, Deadpool etc. Said to the girl how much and she said £1 each so I bought the lot about 30 PS1 games in all.

She also held some PS1 games back for me like Track and Field.

I’ve been seeing a lot of Bone games in charity shops never any PS4 mind
Wow, that's quite a find. I did enjoy PS3 Splatterhouse for what it was - loads of problems and infuriating sections but it was decent fun!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:03 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:20 am
Wow, that's quite a find. I did enjoy PS3 Splatterhouse for what it was - loads of problems and infuriating sections but it was decent fun!
You can fist a demon dog and pull its guts out of its arse
Its possibly the best fatality ever I had to pause it for a minute after that to stop laughing "I hope your enjoying this, I KNOW I AM!!"

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:03 am

oldtimer wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:43 am
Shinobi wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:46 am
A few charity shops have closed here and the best Charity shop for games (where I got the PS3 games) stopped selling Games, Dvds/Blu Rays and Cds. It’s now only clothes and few books.

We only have two Poundland’s and 1 other pound shop Mostly these crappy vape shops are popping up
Lots have stopped selling dvds cds etc as the bottom has fallen out of the market for them pricewise.
Only 2 or 3 years ago they would sell a DVD for a couple of quid, now its 20/50p each and cds 10p each instead of a quid , so the room is taken up by clothes instead which bring in more cash for the shop.
Most of them sell them off to Music Magpie nowadays.
That makes a lot of sense as even my local Cex has done away with music cds and is doing away with dvds except children’s. Second floor ‘music and dvd‘ Is now half empty as all the cds have been binned and 90% of the dvds are now 50p.

A lot of people I know binned all their dvds as they said they have them on Netflix/Amazon Prime Etc
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:12 am

Megamixer wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:20 am
Shinobi wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:44 am
Got lucky in the charity massive pile of PS3 games Splatterhouse, all the nippon Ichi/Gust RPGs, Dead Space, Longest Day, Deadpool etc. Said to the girl how much and she said £1 each so I bought the lot about 30 PS1 games in all.

She also held some PS1 games back for me like Track and Field.

I’ve been seeing a lot of Bone games in charity shops never any PS4 mind
Splatterhouse is one of my favourite PS3 games I got the 1000g on it and the 360 version. Even got all the Jennifer pictures as people on Xbox Achievements reckon it gave you a different ending. It never, still Dr West lying on the floor with his arm missing as Leonora spirit goes into Jennifer who takes on a evil look). As Rick try’s to take the mask off but it won’t came off saying “Not so fast Ricky Boy. As demon Jen comes up behind him and he hugs her and she has the glowing eyes and vampire teeth and it ends. So obviously a sequel that never happened.

I could finish arena 1 in 2 minutes. My friend wanted the 1000g and he was getting me to do the arena for him.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:03 pm

Long and Sad Story Short:
We missed out on Super Smash Melee Gamecube Game for $40 today (£22).

I did get for $5 Wii Paper Mario from Sacred Heart Op Shop.

ah yeah also from Savers I got for $3 MX Vs. ATV Reflex on the PS3.