Charity Shops

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7614
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Charity Shops

Post by Shinobi » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:44 am

Got lucky in the charity massive pile of PS3 games Splatterhouse, all the nippon Ichi/Gust RPGs, Dead Space, Longest Day, Deadpool etc. Said to the girl how much and she said £1 each so I bought the lot about 30 PS1 games in all.

She also held some PS1 games back for me like Track and Field.

I’ve been seeing a lot of Bone games in charity shops never any PS4 mind
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6325
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Re: Charity Shops

Post by Sega2006 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:01 am

Nothing much last sweep, just the usual quiz and Fifa but then a lot of local ones have been refusing donations because of Covid so new stuffs not coming in.
Watching you sleep since 1990

User avatar
oldtimer
Posts: 2800
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:37 pm
Location: Sunnyvale California I WISH !!

Re: Charity Shops

Post by oldtimer » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:00 pm

Sega2006 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:01 am
Nothing much last sweep, just the usual quiz and Fifa but then a lot of local ones have been refusing donations because of Covid so new stuffs not coming in.
The charity shops seem to be half empty nowadays and they seem to be concentrating more on clothing than bric a brac .
I think most of the decent stuff gets put on ebay nowadays from charity shops.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

acidbottle
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:32 am

Re: Charity Shops

Post by acidbottle » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:29 pm

Ebay has killed off the charity bargain hunts almost completely. Pre covid I hadnt seen anything in about 2 years, was vib ribbon and they wanted 20 quid even then.

kiwimike
Posts: 3696
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:20 am
Location: Chch, NZ

Re: Charity Shops

Post by kiwimike » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:12 pm

acidbottle wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:29 pm
Ebay has killed off the charity bargain hunts almost completely. Pre covid I hadnt seen anything in about 2 years, was vib ribbon and they wanted 20 quid even then.
Yeah, it's ruined it really, its rare to find anything of interest now. Sometimes you may get lucky in a private garage sale, but even then with internet access people tend to use eBay as a price guide.

I really enjoyed looking around then when I was collecting G&Ws, but the prices just made me give up and not bother. Took the fun out of it, when you can actually find most things you want, but pay triple figures for them.

ALK
Posts: 3079
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: Charity Shops

Post by ALK » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:01 pm

Ehh, got Mirror's Edge and Uncharted 3 for PS3 for £1.29 altogether the other day from a charity shop.

Games are certainly lessening but you check regularly, you might score something.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 25023
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Charity Shops

Post by DPrinny » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:54 pm

Some near me have closed down, they never really had anything interesting in

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6325
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Re: Charity Shops

Post by Sega2006 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:23 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:54 pm
Some near me have closed down, they never really had anything interesting in
If mine closed the town would be virtually empty lol, they are the only shops that get a rent break so are used to fill the many empty plots not taken up by Bargin shops.
Watching you sleep since 1990

User avatar
MattySlug
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:20 am
Location: Australia

Re: Charity Shops

Post by MattySlug » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:22 am

Once I had ten dollars and some XB1 Games were being put out, I bought three I can't remember the third but I did get CoD: WW2 & Star Wars Battlefront 2 both for $3 each!
This was a few years ago in 2018.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 25023
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Charity Shops

Post by DPrinny » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:25 am

Sega2006 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:23 pm
DPrinny wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:54 pm
Some near me have closed down, they never really had anything interesting in
If mine closed the town would be virtually empty lol, they are the only shops that get a rent break so are used to fill the many empty plots not taken up by Bargin shops.
Along with "pound shops" they are pretty much the only interesting stores left as every other one is a big chain store

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7614
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Charity Shops

Post by Shinobi » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:46 am

A few charity shops have closed here and the best Charity shop for games (where I got the PS3 games) stopped selling Games, Dvds/Blu Rays and Cds. It’s now only clothes and few books.

We only have two Poundland’s and 1 other pound shop Mostly these crappy vape shops are popping up
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
rossi46
Posts: 4375
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:14 pm
Location: melrose
Contact:

Re: Charity Shops

Post by rossi46 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:17 am

Picked up original PSP Monster Hunter Freedom for 1.50 in my local Cancer Research. It's mint and complete with manual.
Thoughts and prayers.

User avatar
oldtimer
Posts: 2800
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:37 pm
Location: Sunnyvale California I WISH !!

Re: Charity Shops

Post by oldtimer » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:43 am

Shinobi wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:46 am
A few charity shops have closed here and the best Charity shop for games (where I got the PS3 games) stopped selling Games, Dvds/Blu Rays and Cds. It’s now only clothes and few books.

We only have two Poundland’s and 1 other pound shop Mostly these crappy vape shops are popping up
Lots have stopped selling dvds cds etc as the bottom has fallen out of the market for them pricewise.
Only 2 or 3 years ago they would sell a DVD for a couple of quid, now its 20/50p each and cds 10p each instead of a quid , so the room is taken up by clothes instead which bring in more cash for the shop.
Most of them sell them off to Music Magpie nowadays.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

User avatar
MattySlug
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:20 am
Location: Australia

Re: Charity Shops

Post by MattySlug » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:38 pm

Over the last week I have Bought heaps From Charity Shops, too much!!!
1 Video Game, XBOX 360 Homefront for $5!

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6325
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Re: Charity Shops

Post by Sega2006 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:12 am

Ours are now all shut again until atleast December, even the 2nd game shops are required to close so it'll be ebay only for now.
Watching you sleep since 1990

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests