Page 47 of 49

Re: Charity Shops

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:04 pm
by Megamixer
Grimgrimoire is a Vanillaware game so by the same people who did Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown and Muramasa i.e. it's worth actually playing :) . Oh and it seems to be selling for between £25-£30 on ebay so another amazing find!

Re: Charity Shops

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:54 pm
by Shinobi
Megamixer wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 8:04 pm
Grimgrimoire is a Vanillaware game so by the same people who did Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown and Muramasa i.e. it's worth actually playing :) . Oh and it seems to be selling for between £25-£30 on ebay so another amazing find!
I'm Addicted to Odin Sphere having a few problems controlling fairy queen Mercedes as she plays very differently to the previous character.. She plays more like a shooter character with her flying and having to reload. Will have to unpack the PS2 and start on Grim Grimiore next as it's done by the company that done 2 of my favourite games. Playing Dragons Crown on the Vita. Still seems a lot of PS2 games I never knew existed

Re: Charity Shops

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:37 pm
by Megamixer
Shinobi wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 10:54 pm
Megamixer wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 8:04 pm
Grimgrimoire is a Vanillaware game so by the same people who did Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown and Muramasa i.e. it's worth actually playing :) . Oh and it seems to be selling for between £25-£30 on ebay so another amazing find!
I'm Addicted to Odin Sphere having a few problems controlling fairy queen Mercedes as she plays very differently to the previous character.. She plays more like a shooter character with her flying and having to reload. Will have to unpack the PS2 and start on Grim Grimiore next as it's done by the company that done 2 of my favourite games. Playing Dragons Crown on the Vita. Still seems a lot of PS2 games I never knew existed
Yeah, that's what I like about Odin Sphere: most of the characters control differently. I personally preferred Gwendolyn and Velvet when I 100%ed the PS2 version years ago. So far in the PS4 version, I'm only up to Cornelius' section as I just haven't had time to really hammer the game.

Re: Charity Shops

Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:01 am
by rocky1980
Image


Did not bad at the weekend. The lego set is the star, paid £2 its new in box. It sells for around £18 - it will be going in the lost with the rest of the lego I have been buying for when my boys are old enough for it

Re: Charity Shops

Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:28 pm
by slacey1070
A Gamecube game in the wild, first time in a bit... Prince of Persia Two Thrones - mind condition £1.

Also, Tetris Tower 3D board game... you can "touch, feel and control the pieces" - as the box proclaims! A rather odd game £2.

Re: Charity Shops

Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:37 pm
by Darran@Retro Gamer
We have loads of charity shops in Westbourne near where I live but all the games get hoovered up by their local postman.
I went in another charity shop the other day and they wanted Rogue Squadron on N64 for £30.
Needless to say it stayed on the shelves…

Re: Charity Shops

Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:32 pm
by AceGrace
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 4:37 pm
We have loads of charity shops in Westbourne near where I live but all the games get hoovered up by their local postman.
I went in another charity shop the other day and they wanted Rogue Squadron on N64 for £30.
Needless to say it stayed on the shelves…
What, you live in a hotel? :wink:

Re: Charity Shops

Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:57 pm
by rocky1980
Stopped in at a few today. Mrs Rocky and I were donating a car full of stuff. Nothing new sadly, however I did witness someone trying to return a book after they had read it !!

Re: Charity Shops

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:27 pm
by Shinobi
Got 6 good DS games all the Prof Laytons, Jewel Quests and Mah Jong all cib £3

Mulan Gameboy 50p
Snes Killer Instinct Killer Cuts 10p mint

Re: Charity Shops

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:25 pm
by dste
Shinobi wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:27 pm
Snes Killer Instinct Killer Cuts 10p mint
If you decide to get rid give me a shout please.

Re: Charity Shops

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:12 pm
by Shinobi
dste wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:25 pm
Shinobi wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:27 pm
Snes Killer Instinct Killer Cuts 10p mint
If you decide to get rid give me a shout please.
You can have it for free 'Orchids' music is superb. Will give you a PM latter not forgot taking me a while having to reply to everybody:)

Re: Charity Shops

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:15 pm
by dste
Shinobi wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:12 pm
You can have it for free 'Orchids' music is superb. Will give you a PM latter not forgot taking me a while having to reply to everybody:)
Cheers mate, really appreciate it.

For some reason years ago I decided to get rid of it and the DK CD. Have managed to pick up the DK one again but never the KI.

Re: Charity Shops

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:12 pm
by DPrinny
Shinobi wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:12 pm
dste wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:25 pm
Shinobi wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:27 pm
Snes Killer Instinct Killer Cuts 10p mint
If you decide to get rid give me a shout please.
You can have it for free 'Orchids' music is superb. Will give you a PM latter not forgot taking me a while having to reply to everybody:)
Goes off in search of a rip of it

Re: Charity Shops

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:39 pm
by The Hardest of All Freds
Twilight Princess HD and Tri-Force Heroes Prima guides. Both look brand new and were only 50p each.

Re: Charity Shops

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:11 pm
by bensonrad
Shinobi wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:12 pm
dste wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:25 pm
Shinobi wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:27 pm
Snes Killer Instinct Killer Cuts 10p mint
If you decide to get rid give me a shout please.
You can have it for free 'Orchids' music is superb. Will give you a PM latter not forgot taking me a while having to reply to everybody:)
Good find, I still have the case of the CD, the CD sadly arrived snapped in half in the post, always been on the look out for one since.