Charity Shops

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Shinobi

Re: Charity Shops

Post by Shinobi » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:38 pm

Bought a ton off good DS games in the Charity Shop £1.50 each, and 360 Soul Calibre V collectors set complete with the grubbing £3. Not keen on Soul Calibre but too good to pass.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:58 pm

Mario kart D'S mint condition £1.49
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

gunbladelad

Post by gunbladelad » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:15 pm

Grabbed a PS2 for a fiver last week.

Came with the demo for Oni, MGS Subsidence, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, Tenchu : Wrath of Heaven, Devil May Cry 1 & 3, Onimushga Dawn of Dreams, Odin Sphere, Persona 4 and guide books for Kingdom Hearts, MGS2, Street Fighter IV, Dead or Alive 5, FFVII, FFVIII, FFX and the artwork book for FFIX.

I'd say that was a worthwhile deal, despite already owning all the Final Fantasy games already.
Where logic won't work, I will

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:18 pm

gunbladelad wrote:Grabbed a PS2 for a fiver last week.

Came with the demo for Oni, MGS Subsidence, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, Tenchu : Wrath of Heaven, Devil May Cry 1 & 3, Onimushga Dawn of Dreams, Odin Sphere, Persona 4 and guide books for Kingdom Hearts, Street Fighter IV, Dead or Alive 5, FFVII, FFVIII, FFX and the artwork book for FFIX.

I'd say that was a worthwhile deal, despite already owning all the Final Fantasy games already.
Were those all the full games? If so, that's more than a worthwhile deal since most of those are worth way more than a fiver apiece. A fiver for the whole lot is insane.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

gunbladelad

Post by gunbladelad » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:23 pm

Yep - they were all the full games, although the main game disc of Subsidence doesn't seem to want to work - I suspect it was badly scratched in the past & had one of those disc repair tools run over it to make it look smooth. I already have Snake Eater for the 3DS and PS2 anyway, so no great loss there. Both the extra discs work fine though. The only demo disc was for Oni (unless you count the FFVIII movie disc that was in the Platinum version of FFVII).

I will be honest, I have considered selling the Final Fantasy games on, but I'll probably do that locally in a couple of months to make a profit. (The reason for holding back? I'm in a small town & don't want to be blatantly making a profit from something given into a charity shop, lol)

OcarinaOfTam

Post by OcarinaOfTam » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:49 pm

Earlier today I got Wario Land on the Game Boy (loose cartridge in plastic clamshell case), Revenge on the 'Gator on the Game Boy (loose cartridge in the plastic case), Half Life on the PS2 and Black & White on the PC. I got all that, and a selection of CDs and DVDs, for the grand total of £12!

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:50 am

gunbladelad wrote:Grabbed a PS2 for a fiver last week.

Came with the demo for Oni, MGS Subsidence, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, Tenchu : Wrath of Heaven, Devil May Cry 1 & 3, Onimushga Dawn of Dreams, Odin Sphere, Persona 4 and guide books for Kingdom Hearts, MGS2, Street Fighter IV, Dead or Alive 5, FFVII, FFVIII, FFX and the artwork book for FFIX.

A fiver?? That's a steal. Which charity shop was this??
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

ALK Temp

Post by ALK Temp » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Yup, that local charity shop's gonna ensure I end uyp with a near complete PS2 collection. :lol: £1.49 as usual.

18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker
Puyo Pop Fever
Fantavision
Destroy All Humans

binaryRooster

Post by binaryRooster » Wed May 03, 2017 1:06 pm

Is there anything more heartbreaking than seeing a bunch of immaculate looking Xbox games appear in your charity shop, only to see that you own most of them? Well yeah, loads of things i suppose. Anyway, i added a minty looking Nightfire (developers were harsh with checkpoints back then) and Goldeneye to the collection.

Tooting's charity shops next slightly odd find: three sealed promo 360 Kinect games.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed May 03, 2017 4:04 pm

Bit of a crackerjack all the games I picked up in Charity shop today

PS2 Grim cib mint £1.49
PS2 Hack Outbreak 3 cib both discs mint £1.49
PS2 Hack Outbreak 4 cib mint £1.49

3 PSP games also £1.49 cib mint
Undead Knight
Breath of Fire 3
Final Fantasy

Bullet Witch £1.49

Left behind Halo 1 & 2 Steel tins various 360 and PS3 Call of Duty games including a box set with infra red googles or something and several Wii shovel ware titles

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed May 03, 2017 5:30 pm

Shinobi wrote: PS2 Hack Outbreak 3 cib both discs mint £1.49
:shock:

Just checked ebay as I knew they were valuable but 'sold' items show that Part 3 and 4 go for £40-70 each easily.

What a find.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

gunbladelad

Post by gunbladelad » Wed May 03, 2017 6:29 pm

greenberet79 wrote:A fiver?? That's a steal. Which charity shop was this??
Just a local pets charity shop in my town. It's very rare that they get videogame stuff in at all - but they are the only place that'll actually sell on the devices rather than only the games.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:04 pm

gunbladelad wrote:...they are the only place that'll actually sell on the devices rather than only the games.
Most smaller charity shops simply can't afford to pay a PAT tester to allow them to sell items with a plug.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed May 03, 2017 10:31 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Shinobi wrote: PS2 Hack Outbreak 3 cib both discs mint £1.49
:shock:

Just checked ebay as I knew they were valuable but 'sold' items show that Part 3 and 4 go for £40-70 each easily.

What a find.
Damn I knew they where valuable but never realised they had gained that much in price, any idea on the other games the PSP games I've never heard off? Not sure if they where old Gamestation stock or something due to the price stickers

ALK Temp

Post by ALK Temp » Thu May 04, 2017 3:17 am

I sold a Breath of Fire 3 on PSP not long ago, its still a £8-12 game.