Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ShadowMan

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:37 pm

A couple of new pictures of my ever growing collection!

The various LCD games - the top two are the Megaman 2 and Megaman 3 TIger LCD handhelds, the bottom two are the Rockman X4 LCD game/virtual pet and the Rockman X2 LCD Game/Calculator.

Pirate Mega Drive games - Rockheaven, Rockman X3 and Rockworld. Rockheaven is one of the Alex Kidd games except AK's sprite has been replaced with the Wily Wars MM sprite and Rockman X3 is an incomplete hack of X3 for the Snes. Its only got seven levels (six mavericks and the intro stage) and is incredibly buggy but its still a cool addition. I'm not sure what Rockworld is a hack of though.

The boxes and carts for Rockheaven/World

Lastly a repro of Megaman & Bass for the Snes. The game was only released in Japan but this version is a repro of what the American version would have looked like. Its got a full manual in the style of the earlier MM games and the game itself is in full English (including the robot master database) and the save feature works fine. Its a fantastic repro.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

DanWelsh86

Post by DanWelsh86 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:46 pm

Some people really love Megaman mind.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:42 am

Still waiting patiently for that shot of your full collection/games room man!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:26 am

sscott wrote:Still waiting patiently for that shot of your full collection/games room man!
I'm still reorganising e place at the mo, once it's done I'll take a few pictures for you :D
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Lettuce

Post by Lettuce » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:06 am

I guess you like megaman then?

I was coming into this thread to see probably just the NES and SNES games.....boy was i wrong!

Nice collection

Jonboy1977

Post by Jonboy1977 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:38 am

If I entered a room with all those Megaman games I would not be seen again for weeks.
Life is What passes you by while you are too busy making plans.

Maturity is Overrated.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:44 am

ShadowMan wrote: Pirate Mega Drive games - Rockheaven, Rockman X3 and Rockworld. Rockheaven is one of the Alex Kidd games except AK's sprite has been replaced with the Wily Wars MM sprite and Rockman X3 is an incomplete hack of X3 for the Snes. Its only got seven levels (six mavericks and the intro stage) and is incredibly buggy but its still a cool addition. I'm not sure what Rockworld is a hack of though.

The boxes and carts for Rockheaven/World

Lastly a repro of Megaman & Bass for the Snes. The game was only released in Japan but this version is a repro of what the American version would have looked like. Its got a full manual in the style of the earlier MM games and the game itself is in full English (including the robot master database) and the save feature works fine. Its a fantastic repro.
I'm still finding these pirate/repro carts fascinating mate - keep up the good work :D

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:31 pm

gmintyfresh wrote: I'm still finding these pirate/repro carts fascinating mate - keep up the good work :D
Thanks :) I'm hoping to get a couple more in a week or two to add to my collection.

retrogamer1981

Post by retrogamer1981 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:04 am

The Mega Man 10 soundtrack is now available on vinyl. http://megaran.bigcartel.com/product/me ... 0-on-vinyl

How cool is this:

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:08 am

My newest additions to my Megaman collection:

2 more Korean PC releases - Megaman X1-X3 and Megaman X6&X5.

A really professional looking fan port of Megaman for the PC Engine.

Rollchan 1 and 2 - Sprite hacks of Rockman 1&2 replacing him with Roll.

Lastly Megaman & Bass and Megaman Soccer for the Snes. Reproductions of PAL versions of both games which were never released in Euro (especially weird in Soccers case as its a popular sport over here!).

A closer look at the PC Engine version of Megaman. This is my favourite purchase in a long time, its done so well that to the untrained eye you'd think it was an official release. It plays perfectly on a PC Engine CD console, I've played it from beginning to end and its perfect, even the select cheat/glitch is still present.

A closer look at both Rollchan games. They are nicely done and are in the same design as the original Famicom games. The only differences the games have are that Megaman has been replaced by Roll.

A closer look at both repros of the Snes games. They are on PAL carts, run at 50Hz (so slower with black borders) just like most PAL Snes games! MM&B is in English and the save function works perfectly just like an official port.

And a second picture showing off the repros next to the official Snes/SFC releases.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:31 pm

Man, your Megaman collection is just awesome, ShadowMan.

I was (un)lucky enough to find the Megaman PC game for sale in a furniture shop back in the day. Imagine my elation at finding a Megaman game for PC! Then imagine my disappointment when I loaded it up. :(

BTW, what is the deal with Megaman 5? Was it released in the UK? I didn't think it was available in PAL?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:52 pm

theantmeister wrote:Man, your Megaman collection is just awesome, ShadowMan.

I was (un)lucky enough to find the Megaman PC game for sale in a furniture shop back in the day. Imagine my elation at finding a Megaman game for PC! Then imagine my disappointment when I loaded it up. :(

BTW, what is the deal with Megaman 5? Was it released in the UK? I didn't think it was available in PAL?
Thanks :D even though I am struggling to find anything g new to get I still love discovering new and weird stuff from time to time.

My condolences about the pc game, I've played it through from beginning to end twice and it's painful to play, it's hard to believe the same team did the mmx of port a few years later which was actually pretty decent.

Regarding mm5, I believe it got released in mainland Europe but not the uk. My version is German as is most I see on sale, I've talked to anew other euro collectors and they also tell me they've never come across a uk mm5 :(

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Been a while since I updated this thread, I've not managed to track all that much down lately as I've almost got everything Megaman I could want! I did manage to pick up the following though:

My updated collection of Korean PC releases. All the X games up to X8, Megaman 1-4 as well as the Power Battle/Fighters arcade games. For some bizarre reason there are loads of different versions of X3 released!

The Rockman Famicom Box cart next to my Megaman 10 press kit. The Famicom Box was a special version of the Famicom only available in Japanese hotels so the carts were never on sale and are exceedingly hard to find.

A PC games compilation box set. This included the standalone CD version of Megaman 3 (the horrid PC version).

The MM10 presskit alongside the 25th Anniversary E Tank Soundtrack collection. The tank is rather shiny making it very hard to get a decent picture of it!0

The E Tank soundtrack CD Collection again, it includes soundtracks for the 10 mainline classic games including the Complete Works arranged soundtracks.

The 2" 2 packs from the Megaman animated series that aired in the 90's. I got lucky and got the whole lot off an eBay seller, its usually fairly hard to track down the whole lot especially carded.

The 5" figures from the 90's animated series (not shown is Bombman). I'm only short of Gutsman for the full set.

The newer Megaman X figures (Vile, Zero mark 1 and 2 and Full Armour X). Also shown for no particular reason is my Game and Watch collection!

Lastly something completely random I got for my birthday. Its a brownie in the shape of Megamans helmet. It tasted really good :mrgreen:

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:45 pm

^I hope you plan to preserve it in its container with your other gear :D
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:33 pm

proper impressive collection! :D
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex