Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ShadowMan

Re: Pictures of my entire Megaman Collection

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:43 pm

A couple of new entries to my collection arrived over the last week or so, quite good going seeing as I think I'm pretty much done now for noticeable region variants!

A proper Japanese boxed copy of Rockman X for the PC. I've only ever come across the one that comes in a harder clam shell style packaging. Also the big boxed edition of the Korean exclusive Rockman X7 for the PC. I'd been after this one for a while, its been a pain to track down as the PC version was only ever released in Korea for some bizarre reason so that made it harder to get compared to the Japanese, American and Euro releases.

My newly acquired Italian release of the Tiger Megaman 2 along with my Megaman 3 handheld. Instead of being carded they are boxed which in my opinion is a nicer form of packaging. The handhelds themselves though unfortunately are nowhere near as fun to play as the proper games!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:38 am

Glad to see you're still plugging away at this collection mate

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:44 am

Can we get one big mega pic of all these on shelves?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:27 am

GigaPepsiMan wrote:Can we get one big mega pic of all these on shelves?
Unfortunately the collection is spread out all over my room so that would be a bit difficult! It doesn't help that everything is all different sizes so storing it all is becoming more difficult all the time. As much as I really like the pc stuff with the big boxes and nice artwork it's by far the hardest bunch of stuff to store die to the various sizes of boxes. I'll try to get a few nice shots of all the stuff on the various shelves though.
gmintyfresh wrote:Glad to see you're still plugging away at this collection mate
I don't think I could ever stop! I check eBay every so often when I get the chance and if I'm lucky I manage to stumble upon something nice I've not got yet!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:46 am

Oh my god. Just clicked on this thread for the first time and... wow.

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:31 pm

The way megaman game prices are going in a few years you could prob sell them and buy a brand new car or put a deposit on a house...

Not that you'd want to they are such cool games...

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:47 pm

Bluce_Ree wrote:Oh my god. Just clicked on this thread for the first time and... wow.
MadManDan79 wrote:The way megaman game prices are going in a few years you could prob sell them and buy a brand new car or put a deposit on a house...

Not that you'd want to they are such cool games...
Yeah, prices have gotten pretty crazy lately... glad I managed to pick up the majority of my collection back before stuff like X2, X3, Wily Wars etc. become even more expensive. I'm still short a couple of really rare, obscure variants though which I hope to maybe find one day.

Plus with Mighty No. 9 and the physical releases of Mega Man Legacy Collection due out next year I'll actually have stuff to collect for again. Not looking forward to tracking down the Gold Amiibo 3DS edition the USA is getting...

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:48 pm

Bluce_Ree wrote:Oh my god. Just clicked on this thread for the first time and... wow.

Aye Greatest collection ive ever seen on here by a mile.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:40 pm

What are you still missing Shadowman?
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:13 pm

Mayhem wrote:What are you still missing Shadowman?
At this rate, probably just Keiji Inafune inside a large glass chamber. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:05 am

Mayhem wrote:What are you still missing Shadowman?
The main game that still eludes me is the Special Edition of Rockman X8 for the PC:

It comes with a tacky looking watch, in a nice green special edition box. I only ever saw them on Taobao a few years back but none of the sellers ever had them in stock.

The other game I'm short that I'm aware of, is a variant of Mega Man II for the Gameboy (not sure of the region, it appeared on eBay France once). Its a blister carded game, so the boxed game is mounted on a plastic card. The one I failed to win in the auction went for more than £400 in the end. I've never seen one since. Its packaged sort of like this:

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:40 am

Did you ever get the other cover version of the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for GameCube btw? There were two versions, one with and one without Dr Wily in the top right corner (your photo shows you have the version with him). The Gameboy version of the collection (compilation of the GB titles) never came out in the end, did it?
ALK wrote:At this rate, probably just Keiji Inafune inside a large glass chamber. :lol:
I met Keiji a few years ago, and told him about Shadowman's collection (sadly I can't repost the photo here as the forum software is still bugged)... he was very impressed! It certainly shut the hell out of everyone else who was trying to one-up each other with how big a Mega Man fan they were :lol:

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:36 pm

Mayhem wrote:Did you ever get the other cover version of the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for GameCube btw? There were two versions, one with and one without Dr Wily in the top right corner (your photo shows you have the version with him). The Gameboy version of the collection (compilation of the GB titles) never came out in the end, did it?
ALK wrote:At this rate, probably just Keiji Inafune inside a large glass chamber. :lol:
I met Keiji a few years ago, and told him about Shadowman's collection (sadly I can't repost the photo here as the forum software is still bugged)... he was very impressed! It certainly shut the hell out of everyone else who was trying to one-up each other with how big a Mega Man fan they were :lol:
I really wish I could have been there to see Inafune's reaction in person :lol: That would have been awesome!

Thanks for the heads up regarding the Anniversary Collection, I had no idea that was the case. Off to eBay right now to investigate further! Was it only the GCN version that had a variant? Did the PS2/Xbox version get only one cover to your knowledge?

Regarding the GB Compilation, that was eventually canceled under strange circumstances. Rumor was Capcom lost the source code to the GB games, though I've no idea if that was true or not. Pity it was canceled as having the games in colour would have been excellent. However at least the games got released on the 3DS recently so more people can enjoy the games - I'm a fan of all of them bar II, which let me down due to its terrible music and overly easy difficulty.

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:21 pm

ShadowMan wrote:Thanks for the heads up regarding the Anniversary Collection, I had no idea that was the case. Off to eBay right now to investigate further! Was it only the GCN version that had a variant? Did the PS2/Xbox version get only one cover to your knowledge?
Here's a shot of the other Cube cover version: https://jasonvorhees.files.wordpress.co ... ns-003.jpg

(my version has Dr Wily on it, and even if it WAS the other version, I'm keeping the game, it's one I'm not selling when I get to flogging my Cube collection!)

Pretty certain the PS2 version has both covers as well. Don't know about the Xbox, but I suspect probably.

http://www.theisozone.com/images/cover/ps2_433.jpg
http://www.classicgameroom.com/images/M ... 200003.jpg

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:04 am

After looking into things further, looks like it was a reprint change. Only the first run versions of the PS2 and Cube versions had Wily on them, before changing to the "10 games in 1" tag on the title. Since the Xbox version was released sometime later after the reprint, it looks like it never got the original cover (at least, not that I can find yet).

Thanks again for the heads up, these will fit nicely in my collection.